Total Posts:23|Showing Posts:1-23
Jump to topic:

Where were you on the 11th of September 2001?

Rockylightning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2011 4:19:42 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/11/2011 3:47:22 AM, brian_eggleston wrote:
Ten years on, what are your memories of that day?

They shut down my school early that day, sent us home. When I got off the bus my mother told me "they crashed planes into the twin towers". I waited and waited for my dad to return to work (he was scheduled to work at WTC that day but had found a different job, and thank god his replacement was late to work). It took him until evening to get back. I just remember watching the news clip of a silhouetted plane hitting a tower.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2011 9:02:53 AM
Ten years on, what are your memories of that day?:

I was living in Vista, California on 9/11/01 in San Diego's North County. I was in the Navy then working as a military police officer at a naval weapons center located adjacent to Camp Pendleton Marine Corps base. It was my scheduled day off.

After having a very horrible night on 9/10/01 with a very beautiful woman, whom I was in a torrid love affair with, I was asleep, and I got to bed very late. Without warning my roommate burst into my room shouting (something to the effect of) "Get the f*ck up, we're under attack! They just blew up the Pentagon!"

Completely frazzled and confused, I still remember vividly that my first inclination (given what my friend had inaccurately stated in tandem with the timeframe) was that Russia and/or North Korea launched a preemptive strike on the US.

But when I reached the images on the television, I knew, without equal, that it was a terrorist attack and that I highly suspected bin Laden within 10 minutes of watching the exploits.

I knew exactly what this meant for me and decided to jump the gun a bit. I called my work and asked if they were going to implement a mandatory recall. Don't know who was on the receiving end of that phone but the answer was from a man yelling, "F*ck yes, get your @ss over here!"

.... Good times.....
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
Calvincambridge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2011 9:36:47 AM

I was only 4 years old and believe me mine was not emotional I was roughhousing with my friend on the table in mcdonalds and his mom had to get one last burger before she died (which she dident)
Trying to figure out women is like trying to solve a Rubik's cube with missing pieces. While blind. And on fire. And being shot.-Agent_Orange
Dude. Shades
That is all.- Thaddeus Rivers
One thing that isn't a joke though is the fact that woman are computers.Some buttons you can press and it'l work fine, but if you push the wrong one you'll get the blue screen of death.
silly, thett. girls are only good for sex. being friends with a female is of no value.-darkkermit
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2011 9:43:30 AM
school..

everyone had been quiet all day.. kids going home individually..

all the kids knew something was up but we weren't told till like 2 oclock in the lunchroom.

My dad worked within a couple blocks of the place and came home covered head to toe in dust. not much fun.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2011 9:46:24 AM
also where I live you have a whole view of the city from across the water..

Gigantic freaking cloud... it looked unreal.

also, of course no phones were working so had no idea if my dad was ok :/ definitely unfun.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2011 10:33:16 AM
I don't remember. I was six.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2011 10:57:02 AM
At 9/11/2011 10:45:01 AM, Danielle wrote:
I was in New York City. It was my first day of high school.

oh, you're a year older than me :P

I thought we were the same age.

Metaphysics:
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2011 11:21:00 AM
i was in 9th grade. our 1st period teacher had the news on when the second plane hit. he went on this tirade about how America deserved this to happen O.o (needless to say our teacher was replace)

we were near enough to the pentagon that people were freaking out all day and we got off early.
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2011 1:00:54 PM
I was in New York City. It was my first day of high school.:

That's one helluva of a first day of high school
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2011 1:03:34 PM
At 9/11/2011 11:21:00 AM, Lickdafoot wrote:
i was in 9th grade. our 1st period teacher had the news on when the second plane hit. he went on this tirade about how America deserved this to happen O.o (needless to say our teacher was replace):

Yes, clearly it's a crime to be born an American citizen who has nothing to do with government foreign policy. Obviously every US citizen works for the US government and therefore deserves to die.

What a f*cking @sshole... Glad he got fired.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2011 2:03:23 PM
The day after i went sailing in Boston Harbor, and there was a complete lock down on all vessels. There was a cruise ship in the harbor and we decided to sail up close to take a look at it, and out of no where there were these Coast Guard boats on us with bull horns telling us to get away from the ship. We went back to the boat house.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2011 11:10:07 AM

I was getting ready for school. Saw both plane crashes and the first tower collapse before going to school (was, like the 2nd week of highschool), heard about the second collapse during first period. The school had brought in grief councelors for anyone that wanted them. I thought that was stupid, unless you had family or friends that were directly effected, there was no reason for you to have access to a grief councelor. I still think that a lot of students took advantage of that to skip out of class.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2011 11:56:48 AM
I was in New York City. It was my first day of high school.

wow that must have been a nightmare. how much of the city was covered in debri?

i heard this interesting (well, more like cringeworthy) fact that over 800 people have died since 9/11, because of 9/11, due to all the chemicals/debri breathed in.
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
devinni01841
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2011 12:01:44 PM
I was in my 2nd grade classroom. I remember going home and watching the footage of the towers falling all night.
There is nothing more bad-@ss than being yourself.

I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

Member of the Texas Army National Guard since 20111212

An Armed society is a polite society.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2011 12:32:35 PM
I was in 7th or 8th grade, I forget.

Anyway, Before I went to school, on the news they were talking about how the Trade Center got hit by a plane. At that point, no one really knew what was going on.

Went to school, and all day they kept making vague announcements about a tragedy. No one knew what the hell they were talking about.

Got home, caught up on the story. Ate a hot dog with my now deceased grandmother at a place called R.J. Munchies. We talked about it.

On the other side of the bridge, there is this big Mosque, and a large Muslim population. There were a lot of violent crimes done to those people for a little while after that.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2011 1:00:59 PM
Some really interesting posts there, thank you for sharing your thoughts and memories.

It was just before two in the afternoon here when the first plane hit and I had the day off work for some reason and the TV programme I was watching was interrupted to show live footage of the unfolding events.

I predicted that the Americans would be really, really pissed off and they most certainly wouldn't let whoever was behind the attacks go unpunished - at that time it wasn't clear that the attacks weren't organised by some rogue state.

My wife was a bit scared and asked me what the Americans would do.

I said I didn't know.
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2011 11:10:00 PM
I remember walking to school that day and noticed the flag outside at half-mast(as a sign of mourning). Of course I got curious what was up so when I walked into class I asked the teacher why we were mourning. He then explained what happened in New York. Being in Canada, I was quite distant from the disaster and wasn't directly affected nor was anybody I know. :/
theitalianstallion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2011 11:25:15 PM
I was in the third grade. All I remember from when it happened that morning is my teacher coming in the classroom crying, and I had no idea why. When I got home that afternoon, I remember watching the news for a while with my dad; still wasn't sure what had exactly or rather the scope of what had happened.
When Reach fell, I came.