Jump to topic:

Tidings to the Debate Community

studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2011 10:52:37 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Hello everyone! I know I left without truly saying goodbye, and I heavily apologize for refraining from providing my reasoning for taking an eight-month hiatus from the site. This is the first time I have accessed the site since I most recently left :/ Truth be told, I recognized that I needed to make vast alterations in my life to truly understand what I wanted and how I would start to achieve my ambitions. I have matured rapidly since my juvenile days of "fake debating" and overwhelmingly insignificant and naive forum posts. Though these are only words (and words really mean nothing without action), I just wanted to inform the members of the community that several experiences and intellectual awakenings over the duration of the last several months have done nothing but wonders for me. I work with the Speech and Debate Team at my university and am developing a more active role in a group known as College Libertarians - in short, I am becoming more focused on absorbing information and developing ideas upon various values and controversies that range from mandatory minimums to the lack of female representation in the business realm of Germany. I looked at several wall posts written during my absence, so I want to tell you all that I am doing much better than I was the last time you read anything I typed!! I have felt badly about leaving (and heavily apologize as well) without the courtesy to thank the members for all they have done for me - you all truly have opened my eyes to a world I never really perceived before. As I reflect back upon the "older days," I laugh at how petty I was in my argumentation and general discussion with most people on this site. I'm digressing, so I really should get to the point. Once again, thank you for all of the support I was provided and opportunities for intellectual discovery. Only now do I see what an enlightening and powerful experience this was for me. For all those I had some "issues" with on this site, I sincerely ask for a chance to "start over" and develop a better relationship in respects to intelligent discourse and the like. To all those I generated decent connections with, like annhasle and wjmelements (although there were many more people I could list, I felt that the message is already long enough), I can say nothing less about you than kind and genuine words of endearment and respect (which also apply to those people I had some "issues" with). Man this is an incredibly sappy and verbose post! But I really do appreciate what you members have done for me, and I hope that some day I can do something for your benefit as well. If anyone would like to message, catch up, or discuss any particularly interesting idea of theirs, feel free! I won't be able to access this site very frequently, but I will try to become a little more active. Hope everyone has been doing well!
Rockylightning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2011 12:12:43 AM
God damnit, another "what'd I miss post"

Ok here goes.

-Koopin left
-askbob banned about 35 times
-Juggle purchased Debate.org
-Tons of updates
-Active Moderator
-Ancap Exodus
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2011 12:18:01 AM
At 9/17/2011 12:12:43 AM, Rockylightning wrote:

Ok here goes.

-Koopin left
-Tons of updates
-Active Moderator
-Ancap Exodus

- F-16_Fighting_Falcon entered the site (lol, just kidding)

okay, who was Koopin? why did he leave? What is the Ancap Exodus?
studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2011 12:23:36 AM

Ok here goes.

-Koopin left
-Tons of updates
-Active Moderator
-Ancap Exodus

Lol I honestly did not intend for it to imply a desire for an update. But I really appreciate the rejoinder. Thanks for the welcome.
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2011 12:42:54 AM

Ok here goes.

-Koopin left
-Tons of updates
-Active Moderator
-Ancap Exodus

I love have there were so many members that left, but Koopin gets a special shout out.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
Rockylightning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2011 1:04:25 AM
At 9/17/2011 12:42:54 AM, darkkermit wrote:

Ok here goes.

-Koopin left
-Tons of updates
-Active Moderator
-Ancap Exodus

I love have there were so many members that left, but Koopin gets a special shout out.

Indeed
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2011 1:10:51 AM
At 9/17/2011 12:18:01 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:

Ok here goes.

-Koopin left
-Tons of updates
-Active Moderator
-Ancap Exodus

okay, who was Koopin?

The site jokester. Always made people laugh with his random lines. Also was a pretty good debater, 100-8. Supposedly left because of constant racist remarks by trolls of the time.

Ancap exodus was when several regular members (mostly anarcho capitalists) left the site at once because little was being done to combat some major trolls, and because of the lack of updates. A lot of them were top-tier debaters. J. Kenyon was 37-0, Cody was 50-6, Sieben was 21-3, etc.
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2011 1:17:14 AM
Though its worth noting that most members who initially signed up for the exodus didn't actually leave or came back within a couple weeks. Askbob first told me that the list included him, Medic, phantom, Andromeda, JKenyon, Sieben, Cody, TV, Grape, Thaddeus, LaissezFaire, Tim_Spin, Freeman, and Nags. However, 8 of those 14 are still on the site.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2011 1:19:01 AM
At 9/17/2011 1:10:51 AM, BlackVoid wrote:
At 9/17/2011 12:18:01 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:

Ok here goes.

-Koopin left
-Tons of updates
-Active Moderator
-Ancap Exodus

okay, who was Koopin?

The site jokester. Always made people laugh with his random lines. Also was a pretty good debater, 100-8. Supposedly left because of constant racist remarks by trolls of the time.

Ancap exodus was when several regular members (mostly anarcho capitalists) left the site at once because little was being done to combat some major trolls, and because of the lack of updates. A lot of them were top-tier debaters. J. Kenyon was 37-0, Cody was 50-6, Sieben was 21-3, etc.

Too bad. Koopin and the others seem like people I would miss had they been on the site when I joined. Hope they realize that DDO changed now and come back to the site.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2011 2:24:58 AM
Koopin is still around, you all just forgot who he is.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2011 2:50:08 AM
At 9/17/2011 1:17:14 AM, BlackVoid wrote:
Though its worth noting that most members who initially signed up for the exodus didn't actually leave or came back within a couple weeks. Askbob first told me that the list included him, Medic, phantom, Andromeda, JKenyon, Sieben, Cody, TV, Grape, Thaddeus, LaissezFaire, Tim_Spin, Freeman, and Nags. However, 8 of those 14 are still on the site.

I wouldn't be surprised If a few more come back.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...