Jump to topic:

Dark side of the moon

phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2011 10:47:07 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Does anyone here think dark side of the moon is pink floyd's greatest album? If so I was going to post a challenge sometime tomorrow but will send it directly to you if you want to debate it. If your interested either message me or tell me here.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2011 9:18:59 AM
The Dark Side of the Moon is great, but I'll agree that The Wall is better. Keep in mind that The Wall has like 3x as many songs, giving it the edge for comparison.
President of DDO
OMGJustinBieber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2011 9:23:18 AM
I like Dark Side more, imo it has some of Pink Floyd's best songs on it (Time, Money, Us and Them) while I most remember Comfortably Numb from The Wall. I don't think it's something you can debate though.
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2011 9:38:25 AM
At 9/28/2011 9:18:59 AM, Danielle wrote:
The Dark Side of the Moon is great, but I'll agree that The Wall is better. Keep in mind that The Wall has like 3x as many songs, giving it the edge for comparison.

The wall has allot of short songs on it though. So the total time of the wall isn't 3 times as much.

And the wall is my favorite as well. Dark side isn't even in my top 5 probably.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2011 10:26:28 AM
I also might do a Roger Waters vs David Gilmour debate, if anyone's interested. I used to think Gilmour was pink floyd's biggest member. Now I'm not sure.

Also I won't be posting my dark side debate today. I'll probably do it on thursday or friday.
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2011 2:06:28 PM
At 9/28/2011 10:33:30 AM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:
I actually change my mind, not on album choice, but I would certainly make a case for DSOTM if OP is interested.

Sure, I'd love to.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2011 6:36:21 PM
At 9/27/2011 10:47:07 PM, phantom wrote:
Does anyone here think dark side of the moon is pink floyd's greatest album?:

Yes, but only because it has the most songs I like. Of course, the Pulse album pretty much has all the songs I like, sooooo....

If so I was going to post a challenge sometime tomorrow but will send it directly to you if you want to debate it. If your interested either message me or tell me here.:

How can you effectively debate tastes and opinions?
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2011 7:23:09 PM
At 9/28/2011 6:36:21 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
At 9/27/2011 10:47:07 PM, phantom wrote:
Does anyone here think dark side of the moon is pink floyd's greatest album?:

Yes, but only because it has the most songs I like. Of course, the Pulse album pretty much has all the songs I like, sooooo....

If so I was going to post a challenge sometime tomorrow but will send it directly to you if you want to debate it. If your interested either message me or tell me here.:

How can you effectively debate tastes and opinions?

Follow the debate and you'll see! :)

I'm not going to base my arguments on opinion too much.