Jump to topic:

Brushes with fame

sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2011 1:03:15 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Here's a fun one. Tell us about your brush(s) with fame.

Mine are as fallows:

Did layout with and cut granite kitchen and fire place for Brian Jonson of AC/DC. He's alot shorter in person like 5' 7" and a jokester.

Did layout and cut granite kitchen for Linda Hamilton of the Terminator series. She two is short 5" 3" Quite and reserved.

Road skate boards with that kid from the TV series "Courtship of Eddie's father" Most of you young people won't know who he is.

Dizzy Gillespie held me when I was a baby. Wish I had a picture of that.

Spilled a drink on Jerry Springer at a bar. He's skinny and short. Didn't even know it was him until somone told me.

James Hatfield from Matallica came into a Honkey Tonk bar I was at and played guitar with the band. He's taller in person. Bought drinks for everyone.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2011 7:34:04 PM
I've lived in both Miami and L.A., so meeting a celebrity is dime-a-dozen experience. Plus I'm not the sort to go gaga over "celebrities" unless I have genuine respect for them in a specific way.

But if I had to choose a most memorable experience, it would be challenging DMX and LL Cool J to a street fight on South Beach when I was hammered drunk.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2011 9:18:57 PM
At 9/28/2011 7:34:04 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
I've lived in both Miami and L.A., so meeting a celebrity is dime-a-dozen experience. Plus I'm not the sort to go gaga over "celebrities" unless I have genuine respect for them in a specific way.

But if I had to choose a most memorable experience, it would be challenging DMX and LL Cool J to a street fight on South Beach when I was hammered drunk.

lmao. If DMX is as tough as his voice is angry, you'd be fvcked.

Only world famous celebrity with a significant amount of fame that I can think of is Dweezil Zappa. I had a short conversation with him when ZPZ was in Chicago about a year ago.

Other than that, I personally know a few minor celebrities who are really only famous in certain circles. I doubt anyone here has ever heard of them unless they get around the music scene in Chicago.

Pistol Pete, Stevie Starlight, Billy Branch.. These guys have been around forever in Chicago. Pistol Pete is probably the most amazing guitarist I've ever seen in my life. Stevie Starlight has been a staple in Chicago for over 20 years, and is one of the most controversial people I've ever met. Billy Branch is a blues harp player, and is known abroad, but probably only to people who are really into Blues.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2011 9:45:54 PM
I've passed Johnny Depp in the street, and my mam ran into George Clooney at a bar.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2011 7:20:21 AM
How about posting brushes of fame where you actually interacted or had a discussion. Not just seeing them walk by.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
OMGJustinBieber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2011 4:13:54 PM
Jerry Springer is short? I've watched the show plenty and he never seemed short. Online his height measurements range from 5'11-6'1.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2011 4:22:08 PM
I use to be Apple Tech support for the iPhone (call center work, real fun stuff *rolls eyes*), and got a call from Bill Nye, the science guy.

That's pretty much it for me. I've had friends and family that have gotten a lot closer. My mother met Ty Pennington when he did the remodel in Salem OR (her company was a sponcer or something so she got to meet him and be at the "move that bus" shouting).

I have a friend that is an actress that just recently got to have a photo with James Franco. She's also met almost all the cast for Leverage, since she's been one of those background people back in the 1st season and she's done commericals for local companies and what not.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2011 4:27:14 PM
At 9/29/2011 4:13:54 PM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:
Jerry Springer is short? I've watched the show plenty and he never seemed short. Online his height measurements range from 5'11-6'1.

I'm 5'11" and I am taller than him. I don't consisder my self tall.

sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2011 7:13:18 PM
At 10/1/2011 6:44:10 PM, FREEDO wrote:
I got a special massage from Jesus at a gay bar.

Class and decorum must be your middle name.

nonentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2011 9:00:49 PM
Umm I don't really have any actual interactions with celebrities (I went to Hollywood one summer and went down the Walk of Fame and didn't even see one).

But a known, and I guess popular, celebrity went to my high school the year before I got there, I think. Won't say who, because a quick Wikipedia search finds me, geographically, and from there, it would probably be really easy to find my name and personal info.

This girl goes to my university http://www.imdb.com... and http://en.wikipedia.org...

My friend and I were sitting at a table in the library and she sat down. I didn't even recognize her until my friend brought it up, then I started teasing her, whispering, "Ask her for her autograph" as a joke. I think she heard. You could tell she was annoyed. I would be too. After about an hour of us whispering and giggling she was packing up her things to leave, and then we realized we had class so we got up, and she sat back down.

This guy also goes to my university http://en.wikipedia.org...

I'd love to talk to him but I only see him around campus once in a while.
RoyLatham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2011 3:32:42 PM
I was bumped into First Class on a business trip about 15 years ago, The woman next to me was vaguely familiar, but I couldn't place her. She was working on stuff with Stanford University logos, put on headphones, and clearly didn't want to bothered, so I didn't attempt a conversation. When the plan landed, some people asked her for autographs, but I still didn't catch her name. So what woman associated with Stanford is famous enough to attract autograph seekers? This is before Condi Rice.

Two days later it came to me: astronaut Sally Ride.

I do have a significant association with greatness that I reserve for when a trump card is needed. My second cousin once-removed is Captain Kangaroo (Robert Keeshan, now deceased.) No one tops that.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2011 5:08:48 PM
At 10/6/2011 3:32:42 PM, RoyLatham wrote:
I was bumped into First Class on a business trip about 15 years ago, The woman next to me was vaguely familiar, but I couldn't place her. She was working on stuff with Stanford University logos, put on headphones, and clearly didn't want to bothered, so I didn't attempt a conversation. When the plan landed, some people asked her for autographs, but I still didn't catch her name. So what woman associated with Stanford is famous enough to attract autograph seekers? This is before Condi Rice.

Two days later it came to me: astronaut Sally Ride.

I do have a significant association with greatness that I reserve for when a trump card is needed. My second cousin once-removed is Captain Kangaroo (Robert Keeshan, now deceased.) No one tops that.

Cool, the Captain was a war hero. Lee Marvin, the actor, served under him and said he was the bravest man he ever knew. Would walk head on in into a hornets nest of gunfire appearing to have no fear leading the way.

RoyLatham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2011 12:09:31 AM
At 10/6/2011 5:08:48 PM, sadolite wrote:
Cool, the Captain was a war hero. Lee Marvin, the actor, served under him and said he was the bravest man he ever knew. Would walk head on in into a hornets nest of gunfire appearing to have no fear leading the way.

I was wondering how he made captain ... Alas, according to Wikipedia the Lee Marvin war story is an urban legend. Keeshan enlisted in the Marines, but the War ended before he could be sent overseas.

His kids' show was full of understated humor, ahead of its time.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2011 5:05:33 PM
At 10/7/2011 12:09:31 AM, RoyLatham wrote:
At 10/6/2011 5:08:48 PM, sadolite wrote:

I was wondering how he made captain ... Alas, according to Wikipedia the Lee Marvin war story is an urban legend. Keeshan enlisted in the Marines, but the War ended before he could be sent overseas.

His kids' show was full of understated humor, ahead of its time.

Um did I say Captain Kangaroo? I ment Lee Marvin. LOL

PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2011 2:33:22 PM
At 9/29/2011 7:20:21 AM, sadolite wrote:
How about posting brushes of fame where you actually interacted or had a discussion. Not just seeing them walk by.:

Well, I farted on Gloria Estefan's head because she was being a bitch to me (I was her server) and I apologized to Robert Deniro for my friend's pestering him while he was on a date, and I went to school with Enrique Iglesias.

How's that for interaction?
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
Rockylightning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2011 8:39:28 PM
At 10/8/2011 2:36:24 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
I went to school with Harry Connick Jr.

You never can tell who ends up being famous.

I've actually met him.
lotus_flower
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2011 11:05:58 AM
I have met the rapper Yo Gotti when he was just a local sensation.
"Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it."
- Christopher Hitchens, God Is Not Great: How Religion Poisons Everything
http://www.bbc.co.uk...
lotus_flower
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2011 11:10:51 AM
At 10/1/2011 9:00:49 PM, nonentity wrote:
Umm I don't really have any actual interactions with celebrities (I went to Hollywood one summer and went down the Walk of Fame and didn't even see one).

But a known, and I guess popular, celebrity went to my high school the year before I got there, I think. Won't say who, because a quick Wikipedia search finds me, geographically, and from there, it would probably be really easy to find my name and personal info.

This girl goes to my university http://www.imdb.com... and http://en.wikipedia.org...

My friend and I were sitting at a table in the library and she sat down. I didn't even recognize her until my friend brought it up, then I started teasing her, whispering, "Ask her for her autograph" as a joke. I think she heard. You could tell she was annoyed. I would be too. After about an hour of us whispering and giggling she was packing up her things to leave, and then we realized we had class so we got up, and she sat back down.

This guy also goes to my university http://en.wikipedia.org...

I'd love to talk to him but I only see him around campus once in a while.

Adamo Angelo Ruggiero is so FÜCKING attractive... I can't stand it.
"Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it."
- Christopher Hitchens, God Is Not Great: How Religion Poisons Everything
http://www.bbc.co.uk...