Jump to topic:

Can you remove your own brain?

Myrant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2011 10:23:02 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I saw this question posted in wiki answers. I thought the Debate.org crowd would post some humerous answers. Bring it! Smack your favorite group around a little. True sarcasm is an art form!

Can you remove your own brain?
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2011 11:08:25 AM
Well, according to my preacher uncle...

The human body is like an empty wine bottle. To get the wine of the holy spirit poured into you, you must first pop off the cork that is your brain!

When he gets "slain in the spirit", he lays on the ground and speaks in gibberish. Maybe it is possible?
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2011 11:15:00 AM
Absolutely! Whenever I get tired, I put my brain in a bed and tuck it in for a nap.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2011 2:14:27 PM
Removing your brain from your body?
Decapitate your self

Removing it from the skull?
JACKHAMMER TIME
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2011 12:38:14 PM
Are you talking about removing it AND surviving? Because that takes a little more effort.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Myrant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2011 6:14:09 PM
At 10/10/2011 12:38:14 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
Are you talking about removing it AND surviving? Because that takes a little more effort.

Absolutely, no reason to try anything easy.
Myrant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2011 6:15:11 PM
At 10/9/2011 11:08:25 AM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
Well, according to my preacher uncle...

The human body is like an empty wine bottle. To get the wine of the holy spirit poured into you, you must first pop off the cork that is your brain!

When he gets "slain in the spirit", he lays on the ground and speaks in gibberish. Maybe it is possible?

Get the same effect if you drink enough wine!
Myrant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2011 6:16:06 PM
At 10/9/2011 2:00:35 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
Technically you can, but you just have to be careful not to drop it.

You should always have someone help you to prevent dropping.
Rusho
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2011 12:09:40 AM
I found this video recently, it may be fake but i think it could be real, essentially baby was born with brain stem and no brain, cant see or hear things, enjoy.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2011 12:16:00 AM
At 10/22/2011 12:09:40 AM, Rusho wrote:
I found this video recently, it may be fake but i think it could be real, essentially baby was born with brain stem and no brain, cant see or hear things, enjoy.

They should just let the thing die.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2011 12:19:05 AM
B****, I walk the f*** outta the room, I just removed my brain from the room. I remove my brain and survive many many times a day, wtf kinda incompetent are you?
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Double_R
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2011 5:14:27 PM

How can you suggest this video might be fake?
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2011 5:28:27 PM
At 10/23/2011 5:14:27 PM, Double_R wrote:

How can you suggest this video might be fake?

Technically, it is an actual condition known as "Anencephaly":

According to the Mobsy's dictonary, anencephaly is characterized by the absence of major portions of the brain and is thought to be the result of genetic and environmental factors...though current research shows that apparently a diet rich in frolic may reduce the incidence of such defects...
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
blackhawk1331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2011 8:10:44 PM
At 10/22/2011 12:19:05 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
B****, I walk the f*** outta the room, I just removed my brain from the room. I remove my brain and survive many many times a day, wtf kinda incompetent are you?

Lol. You're right too, and that's the best part.
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2011 8:52:52 PM

Apparently, due to the syndrome, he's also constantly unconscious, and cannot feel pain.

If that is the case, I would euthanize.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus