Jump to topic:

Government Banning Halloween Costumes ?

inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2011 11:59:16 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
In schools. How many of you people here heard about this yet ? This has been going on for the last few months now here in the US. Some school districts have banned children from wearing Halloween costumes during normal hours. They say it is because it can be a distraction to the learning process. Others say it is sacreligious. Then there are those who say it is offensive to ones personal beliefs, and also to children who cannot afford to buy one in the first place.
Excuses, excuses ! America is losing her edge and it is because of the
Totalitarianism atmosphere that is enslaving the minds of todays youth.
This is ridiculous. Our children should be able to express themselves in a casual manner, without Big Brothers consent. Do you agree ?
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2011 12:15:59 PM
At 10/25/2011 12:13:51 PM, brian_eggleston wrote:
I'd say wearing a Halloween costume to school would be inappropriate - kids go to school to learn, not fool about.

And what planet did you grow up on ?
When I was coming up back in the 80's and 90's, we wore costumes to school.
This was always a well accepted tradition. It was not a distraction.
I think America has gotten soft. And you.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2011 12:34:41 PM
I'd say wearing a Halloween costume to school would be inappropriate - kids go to school to learn, not fool about.

Kids are suppose to go to learn. They go to fool about in any way they can though.

But agreed. There is no reason to allow halloween custumes in the classroom. If the school wants to have a halloween dance or something, sure, cool, whatever.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2011 12:35:25 PM
At 10/25/2011 12:15:59 PM, inferno wrote:

I think I know why we have a difference of opinion here: I went to school in England where all the kids wear school uniforms and, in my school, such transgressions as wearing your cap at a jaunty angle, or loosening your tie, or rolling up your shirt sleeves or turning the collar up on your blazer were severely punished.

The idea of wearing a costume to school in England would be almost unthinkable.
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2011 12:42:05 PM
At 10/25/2011 12:35:25 PM, brian_eggleston wrote:

I think I know why we have a difference of opinion here: I went to school in England where all the kids wear school uniforms and, in my school, such transgressions as wearing your cap at a jaunty angle, or loosening your tie, or rolling up your shirt sleeves or turning the collar up on your blazer were severely punished.

Apparel has a lot to do with attitude. To wear uniforms in school is another passive and highly irritating form of Totalitarianism. This of course is very popular in many European schools especially in Communist countries where it is all about conforming.
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2011 1:03:29 PM
At 10/25/2011 12:42:05 PM, inferno wrote:

Apparel has a lot to do with attitude. To wear uniforms in school is another passive and highly irritating form of Totalitarianism. This of course is very popular in many European schools especially in Communist countries where it is all about conforming.

When I was at school I hated wearing a uniform and thought exactly like you: that it was all about conformity and suppression of personal expression.

Now, I'm older, though, I have changed my mind: I think they look smart and it stops kids who don't have access to the expensive designer clothes being made to feel inferior.
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2011 1:06:37 PM
At 10/25/2011 1:03:29 PM, brian_eggleston wrote:
At 10/25/2011 12:42:05 PM, inferno wrote:

When I was at school I hated wearing a uniform and thought exactly like you: that it was all about conformity and suppression of personal expression.

Now, I'm older, though, I have changed my mind: I think they look smart and it stops kids who don't have access to the expensive designer clothes being made to feel inferior.

That is a very selective opinion sir. If children took responsibility for their actions, then they would not try to belittle others for not being up to par. However, we should not legislate or dictate what people should wear simply because this is
a personal difference, or difference of opinions.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2011 1:06:54 PM
America is losing her edge and it is because of the Totalitarianism atmosphere that is enslaving the minds of todays youth. This is ridiculous. Our children should be able to express themselves in a casual manner, without Big Brothers consent. Do you agree ?:

The people with the biggest problem over Halloween come from your own sector -- Christians -- not the government.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2011 1:09:32 PM
At 10/25/2011 1:06:54 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
America is losing her edge and it is because of the Totalitarianism atmosphere that is enslaving the minds of todays youth. This is ridiculous. Our children should be able to express themselves in a casual manner, without Big Brothers consent. Do you agree ?:

The people with the biggest problem over Halloween come from your own sector -- Christians -- not the government.

This has nothing to do with the influence of Christians you scoundrel. This comes from the secularist and Left Wing Propagandists. I am a Liberal, but I do think that this branch of government is too socially involved. They want bureacrats to dictate everything under the sun. This is only the beginning. Youve been warned.
marcuscato
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2011 4:57:54 AM
At 10/26/2011 10:03:03 AM, inferno wrote:
I think a part of this is also Communistic.
There we go!

How is "america losing her edge"?

What brian said...
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2011 9:35:46 AM
At 10/27/2011 4:57:54 AM, marcuscato wrote:
At 10/26/2011 10:03:03 AM, inferno wrote:
I think a part of this is also Communistic.
There we go!

How is "america losing her edge"?

What brian said...

Easy. She is selling our bigtime.