Total Posts:69|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Trolling PETA

devinni01841
Posts: 1,405
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2011 9:42:39 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
So I tried to leave a trolly comment on a PETA article.

Let me know if my comment is ever posted... I'll keep watching, but I think they have a filter or something.

http://www.peta.org...
There is nothing more bad-@ss than being yourself.

I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

Member of the Texas Army National Guard since 20111212

An Armed society is a polite society.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2011 9:48:42 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
"PETA Sues SeaWorld for Violating Orcas' Constitutional Rights"

What nutcases they are! "Orca's constitutional rights? Seriously?" Anyway, I don't see your comment (assuming your username is the same). What did you say?

A good question to ask is: who are the people that join PETA and why do they do it?
marcuscato
Posts: 738
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2011 10:45:23 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/1/2011 9:48:42 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
A good question to ask is: who are the people that join PETA and why do they do it?

Why did the people campaign against racism?
devinni01841
Posts: 1,405
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2011 11:04:32 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/1/2011 9:48:42 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
"PETA Sues SeaWorld for Violating Orcas' Constitutional Rights"

What nutcases they are! "Orca's constitutional rights? Seriously?" Anyway, I don't see your comment (assuming your username is the same). What did you say?

A good question to ask is: who are the people that join PETA and why do they do it?

My comment was something along the lines of how that was a holding pen, so of course it was going to be small, and how if they could get an animal to pass a naturalization test to become an American citizen, Only then would I honor it's "human rights".

yes, the username should be the same...

and the answer to your other question is "Deluded "
There is nothing more bad-@ss than being yourself.

I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

Member of the Texas Army National Guard since 20111212

An Armed society is a polite society.
nonentity
Posts: 5,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2011 11:06:03 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/1/2011 10:45:23 AM, marcuscato wrote:
At 11/1/2011 9:48:42 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
A good question to ask is: who are the people that join PETA and why do they do it?

Why did the people campaign against racism?

Are you seriously comparing people to animals? This is why I hate vegetarians >.<
devinni01841
Posts: 1,405
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2011 11:10:19 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/1/2011 11:06:03 AM, nonentity wrote:
At 11/1/2011 10:45:23 AM, marcuscato wrote:
At 11/1/2011 9:48:42 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
A good question to ask is: who are the people that join PETA and why do they do it?

Why did the people campaign against racism?

Are you seriously comparing people to animals? This is why I hate vegetarians >.<

and vegans....

I have to include the disclaimer that not all vegans/vegetarians are d0uche canoes, in fact a very good friend of mine is vegan (except that he ate a slice of pepperoni pizza on Friday..... lol) and he's hilarious, but the people that say that Shamu has had his 13th amendment rights violated are.... brain addled.
There is nothing more bad-@ss than being yourself.

I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

Member of the Texas Army National Guard since 20111212

An Armed society is a polite society.
blackhawk1331
Posts: 4,932
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2011 11:18:32 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/1/2011 9:48:42 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
"PETA Sues SeaWorld for Violating Orcas' Constitutional Rights"

What nutcases they are! "Orca's constitutional rights? Seriously?" Anyway, I don't see your comment (assuming your username is the same). What did you say?

A good question to ask is: who are the people that join PETA and why do they do it?

They're dumb@sses that don't realize what they're supporting?
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
blackhawk1331
Posts: 4,932
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2011 11:21:55 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I tried posting a comment too.

You are some of the dumbest people I've ever met. The Bill of Rights does NOT apply to animals. It is applied specifically to people. Do any of you even realize the lack of morality and intelligence behind this entire organization?

I used the same username and I'm yet to see it. I think you may be right that they filter it.
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2011 11:31:43 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/1/2011 11:21:55 AM, blackhawk1331 wrote:
I tried posting a comment too.

You are some of the dumbest people I've ever met. The Bill of Rights does NOT apply to animals. It is applied specifically to people. Do any of you even realize the lack of morality and intelligence behind this entire organization?

I used the same username and I'm yet to see it. I think you may be right that they filter it.

You are right about the filtering. How else can you explain such a controversial organization receiving only positive comments? Editing profanity is fine but editing out negative reviews like yours and the OP's is really crossing the line.
marcuscato
Posts: 738
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2011 11:49:37 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/1/2011 11:06:03 AM, nonentity wrote:
At 11/1/2011 10:45:23 AM, marcuscato wrote:
At 11/1/2011 9:48:42 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
A good question to ask is: who are the people that join PETA and why do they do it?

Why did the people campaign against racism?

Are you seriously comparing people to animals? This is why I hate vegetarians >.<

lawlz..
I am sure this was the same reaction racist people had, Are you seriously comparing brown people to white people?(no i am not racist)
I don't see whats the difference, killing humans,animals,plants or even micro-organisms. Oh, and I eat meat.
blackhawk1331
Posts: 4,932
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2011 12:20:52 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/1/2011 11:49:37 AM, marcuscato wrote:
At 11/1/2011 11:06:03 AM, nonentity wrote:
At 11/1/2011 10:45:23 AM, marcuscato wrote:
At 11/1/2011 9:48:42 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
A good question to ask is: who are the people that join PETA and why do they do it?

Why did the people campaign against racism?

Are you seriously comparing people to animals? This is why I hate vegetarians >.<

lawlz..
I am sure this was the same reaction racist people had, Are you seriously comparing brown people to white people?(no i am not racist)
I don't see whats the difference, killing humans,animals,plants or even micro-organisms. Oh, and I eat meat.

People and animals should be compared in some ways, but not in terms of slavery. That orca is living a better life than any wild one. They could give it a bigger pen to swim around in but other than that, I see nothing wrong.
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
blackhawk1331
Posts: 4,932
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2011 12:21:44 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/1/2011 11:31:43 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 11/1/2011 11:21:55 AM, blackhawk1331 wrote:
I tried posting a comment too.

You are some of the dumbest people I've ever met. The Bill of Rights does NOT apply to animals. It is applied specifically to people. Do any of you even realize the lack of morality and intelligence behind this entire organization?

I used the same username and I'm yet to see it. I think you may be right that they filter it.

You are right about the filtering. How else can you explain such a controversial organization receiving only positive comments? Editing profanity is fine but editing out negative reviews like yours and the OP's is really crossing the line.

It's probably because they know that their followers would leave.
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
nonentity
Posts: 5,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2011 12:35:42 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Marc---if you actually have to think about whether, given the choice, you would save a human baby or a plant or animal from death, then that is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. If you can't tell the difference between a human being and an animal then I don't know what to tell you and frankly, I don't have the patience for it.
marcuscato
Posts: 738
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2011 12:49:04 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I am not commenting on this specific issue(i have not read it, and i do not intend to).
I am just surprised at the general attitude of the people on this site towards people who are vegetarians or peta people.
If you are against discriminating between people, why do you want to discriminate between other organisms?This is exactly the kind of mentality which made it difficult to eradicate racism. Quite possibly you are offended that I am comparing humans to animals, would you be offended if i asked if you were homosexual?If yes, then it implies you think a homosexual is a degraded human being.
People who join peta are usually well meaning, kind people, I like those kinds of people.
marcuscato
Posts: 738
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2011 12:59:32 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Let me be clear, I am not saying you are jerks for eating meat or wanting a zoo.
I eat meat too.
I dislike the way you are behaving about animal lovers. You want to eat meat fair enough, why are you whining about people that dont want to eat meat? Even if they take out a demonstration, whats the big deal?
If they kept calling you on the phone all the time or were camping in your garden without your permission shouting slogans, I could understand your anger.
I just dont understand what you are complaining about.
nonentity
Posts: 5,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2011 1:01:44 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
The negative attitude comes as a reaction to people who claim an animal life ought to be of the same value as a human life. Your comparison to racism is offensive because human beings have been shown to share almost 100% of their DNA, while animals obviously do not share that with us. DNA is only one aspect that makes humans more similar to each other than animals. So yeah, I'm gonna have a negative attitude to anyone who places the life of a dog to equal value as my own.

Secondly, you know nothing about me to make an assumption about my attitude toward homosexuality.
nonentity
Posts: 5,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2011 1:11:46 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
And secondly, what's inherently bad about discrimination? I can discriminate between a young person and an old person and be more likely to hold the door open for an old person. Or should I treat them equally poorly and hold the door for neither? Lol acknowledging differences, if those differences are real and not socially constructed, is not inherently a bad thing.
marcuscato
Posts: 738
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2011 1:20:30 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/1/2011 1:01:44 PM, nonentity wrote:
The negative attitude comes as a reaction to people who claim an animal life ought to be of the same value as a human life. Your comparison to racism is offensive because human beings have been shown to share almost 100% of their DNA, while animals obviously do not share that with us. DNA is only one aspect that makes humans more similar to each other than animals. So yeah, I'm gonna have a negative attitude to anyone who places the life of a dog to equal value as my own.

Secondly, you know nothing about me to make an assumption about my attitude toward homosexuality.

Your misunderstanding me. I am just saying that if I was to call you an animal, your reaction is the same as being somebody else getting offended at being called homosexual.
I was merely commenting on your belief that animals are something inferior.
I am not saying you are against homosexuality, I am not talking about homosexuality.
I was just saying that you should not be offended that i am comparing humans to animals(its not a personal attack, for some other person saying i'm different from a dog is the same as saying women are inferior to men or belief in white superiority,some casteists etc)
I am not sure I am explaining it properly, you are probably getting offended.
I do not mean to be racist or anything(I'm asian..)
Maybe buddhists can explain it better(ask geolaureate). I guess its linked to your worldview as well.
marcuscato
Posts: 738
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2011 1:25:14 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/1/2011 1:11:46 PM, nonentity wrote:
And secondly, what's inherently bad about discrimination? I can discriminate between a young person and an old person and be more likely to hold the door open for an old person. Or should I treat them equally poorly and hold the door for neither? Lol acknowledging differences, if those differences are real and not socially constructed, is not inherently a bad thing.

Fair enough, these differences depend on people. joseph menegle would disagree with me on race based discrimination, similarly you disagree on discriminating between humans and animals(and micro-organisms).
nonentity
Posts: 5,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2011 1:29:33 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Again, a homosexual shares the same amount of DNA with me as a heterosexual. An animal does not share the same amount of DNA with me as a human. Non-mammals even less so and plants even less so.
Thaddeus
Posts: 6,985
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2011 1:29:46 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
The reason I don't like vegetarians is because it is plain to see that they are up to something nefarious. Anyone who claims not to like bacon is the sneakiest sort of liar, who hopes their lies will not be noticed beside the audacity of their claim. They are sneaky, shifty and smell funny. I say we round them up, put them in a box, and through that box into the sea before they enact their diabolical plan to kill us all.
vbaculum
Posts: 1,274
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2011 1:34:47 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/1/2011 12:59:32 PM, marcuscato wrote:
Let me be clear, I am not saying you are jerks for eating meat or wanting a zoo.
I eat meat too.
I dislike the way you are behaving about animal lovers. You want to eat meat fair enough, why are you whining about people that dont want to eat meat? Even if they take out a demonstration, whats the big deal?

It's a defences mechanism. People recognize that meat production involves animal cruelty. They want to continue eating meat regardless of the fact that they would, otherwise, oppose animal cruelty. The uncomfortable feeling of cognative dissonance sets in and defence mechanisms are thus marshalled.

If they kept calling you on the phone all the time or were camping in your garden without your permission shouting slogans, I could understand your anger.
I just dont understand what you are complaining about.
"If you claim to value nonviolence and you consume animal products, you need to rethink your position on nonviolence." - Gary Francione

THE WORLD IS VEGAN! If you want it
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2011 1:37:57 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/1/2011 1:11:46 PM, nonentity wrote:
And secondly, what's inherently bad about discrimination? I can discriminate between a young person and an old person and be more likely to hold the door open for an old person. Or should I treat them equally poorly and hold the door for neither? Lol acknowledging differences, if those differences are real and not socially constructed, is not inherently a bad thing.

Yes, it is inherently wrong to discriminate. There is absolutely something inherently bad about discrimination. Why would you treat someone who was older or younger any different? Based on your logic, if discrimination is okay, then it should be okay to discriminate based on race as well. However, this is clearly not the case.

By the way, lol at Marcuscato who assumes he is not a racist simply because he is Asian. I don't think Marcuscato is a racist but being Asian = not racist is a flawed assumption. Do you have to be white to be a racist?
Thaddeus
Posts: 6,985
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2011 1:40:57 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/1/2011 1:37:57 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 11/1/2011 1:11:46 PM, nonentity wrote:
And secondly, what's inherently bad about discrimination? I can discriminate between a young person and an old person and be more likely to hold the door open for an old person. Or should I treat them equally poorly and hold the door for neither? Lol acknowledging differences, if those differences are real and not socially constructed, is not inherently a bad thing.

Yes, it is inherently wrong to discriminate. There is absolutely something inherently bad about discrimination. Why would you treat someone who was older or younger any different? Based on your logic, if discrimination is okay, then it should be okay to discriminate based on race as well. However, this is clearly not the case.

By the way, lol at Marcuscato who assumes he is not a racist simply because he is Asian. I don't think Marcuscato is a racist but being Asian = not racist is a flawed assumption. Do you have to be white to be a racist?

So you'd be happy to for me to whack 6 billion names into a machine which would randomly select one of them and you'd have to have sex with them? Because otherwise you'd be discriminating (on age, looks, how many hamburgers they possess and whatever else you look for in a partner)
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2011 1:41:21 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/1/2011 1:29:46 PM, Thaddeus wrote:
The reason I don't like vegetarians is because it is plain to see that they are up to something nefarious. Anyone who claims not to like bacon is the sneakiest sort of liar, who hopes their lies will not be noticed beside the audacity of their claim. They are sneaky, shifty and smell funny. I say we round them up, put them in a box, and through that box into the sea before they enact their diabolical plan to kill us all.

Yes, Thaddeus is partly right. The real problems with vegetarianism is that you can catch vegetarianism by touching a person who is vegetarian. Therefore your plan of putting them is a box and throwing them into the sea won't work. The waves will erode the box and the disease of vegetarianism will seep into the sea. It will then infect everyone who goes for a swim and we will have an epidemic. A far better solution is to put them on a spacecraft and send them to the moon. I wouldn't mind debating you Thaddeus on the best way to eradicate vegetarianism.
vbaculum
Posts: 1,274
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2011 1:43:19 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/1/2011 1:29:46 PM, Thaddeus wrote:
The reason I don't like vegetarians is because it is plain to see that they are up to something nefarious. Anyone who claims not to like bacon is the sneakiest sort of liar, who hopes their lies will not be noticed beside the audacity of their claim. They are sneaky, shifty and smell funny. I say we round them up, put them in a box, and through that box into the sea before they enact their diabolical plan to kill us all.

Thaddeus, you know too much. And now, you've said too much.
"If you claim to value nonviolence and you consume animal products, you need to rethink your position on nonviolence." - Gary Francione

THE WORLD IS VEGAN! If you want it