Jump to topic:

Fried Turkey For Thanksgiving ~

inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2011 12:19:13 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I bet you never had this one before. How about some fried turkey meat ?
It is way better than baked or smoked. I doubt that you can do it better my friends.
You can fry a turkey in doors nowadays with no mess. But what is up with this phenomenon ? It seems to be the big thing now for the Thanksgiving Holiday.
What do you think ? Have you tried it before ? Lets roll.
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2011 12:36:52 PM
Ah, man, when I was in high school, at my father's house, we would all pour an assload of peanut oil into this huge vat-like metal cooker-type thing from who-knows-where (perhaps they rented it, which is knowledge I'm glad I didn't have if it's the case) and deep fry this entire turkey.

The result was very richly fried and crispy on the outside, though tender inside. You speak the truth--it's bomb. Doubt it's healthy, though, the slightly better-than-canolaness of peanut oil notwithstanding.

On the other hand, it places limitations that I prefer not to have. My mother is a far better cook--than anyone else I have ever met, professionals included--and she bakes turkeys in all sorts of fresh herbs and spices, whole cloves of garlic, and butter on the outside. It's insanely good. Like... I look forward to it starting from January.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2011 12:41:47 PM
At 11/21/2011 12:36:52 PM, Ren wrote:
Ah, man, when I was in high school, at my father's house, we would all pour an assload of peanut oil into this huge vat-like metal cooker-type thing from who-knows-where (perhaps they rented it, which is knowledge I'm glad I didn't have if it's the case) and deep fry this entire turkey.

The result was very richly fried and crispy on the outside, though tender inside. You speak the truth--it's bomb. Doubt it's healthy, though, the slightly better-than-canolaness of peanut oil notwithstanding.

On the other hand, it places limitations that I prefer not to have. My mother is a far better cook--than anyone else I have ever met, professionals included--and she bakes turkeys in all sorts of fresh herbs and spices, whole cloves of garlic, and butter on the outside. It's insanely good. Like... I look forward to it starting from January.

Peanut oil. You said the magic word my friend. It really makes the meat so much sweeter than that vegetable oil. I cook it all the time.