Jump to topic:

To the parents of DDO

seraine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2011 10:08:08 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Do you tell your children that there is a Santa Claus? WHY or why not? I personally don't see the point, and I want to see how you feel on it.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2011 11:31:13 AM
At 12/24/2011 10:08:08 PM, seraine wrote:
Do you tell your children that there is a Santa Claus? WHY or why not? I personally don't see the point, and I want to see how you feel on it.:

When they were really young, we just played along because that's just what is done on Christmas. It's a magical time in a child's life. As they aged, however, I did the same thing my parents did for me. I let them come to their own conclusion about it. Neither of them believe in Santa. Neither of them seem traumatized by it either as long as someone is still bringing them gifts. :)
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2011 6:27:32 PM
I told and still tell my children that Santa lives as long as you believe in him. I still believe in Santa, I am Santa. Life would be a even bigger bummer without Santa. Imagine no Santa and no Christmas, what a miserable and antiseptic bummer that would be. But hey some people love that kind of thing, tear down and ruin anything and everything that might bring joy to life, real or not.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2011 6:41:21 PM
I think that sending a constant stream of bullsh1t to your kids is healthy for mental development. Couple that with stressing the fun of learning, and encouraging individualism and honesty... your kid is going to eventually get the picture.

The important thing about raising a child is to get them to love learning on their own. If you can give your child the love of learning, and the desire for truth, they will turn out right.

Bs is good for a child. I didn't used to think this, but I came to learn how it helped me develop into the person I am. Though my parents were seriously hardcore Christian, my father constantly pulled things out of his arse, and his bullshatting kept me on my toes.

I'd raise my kids differently, but I still picked something up from it. Plus, having used to work with kids on a constant basis at the church, I'm pretty confident that bs keeps em sharp.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
vbaculum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2011 8:46:46 AM
My wife wants raise our kid to believe in Santa. It's fine with me though the sooner he figures it out the prouder I will be. Santa is Jesus for children. Hopefully it will be a lesson in skepticism for our son (though my wife doesn't exactly see it that why :)
"If you claim to value nonviolence and you consume animal products, you need to rethink your position on nonviolence." - Gary Francione

THE WORLD IS VEGAN! If you want it
MasterKage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2011 11:23:38 PM
Anyone who doesn't believe in Santa Claus is a fool. I don't be the magical guy running around at night on the 25th of December.
There was an actual human known as Santa Claus though, formerly known as Kris Kringle that gave presents to kids in his area.
This signature is full of timey wimey wibbly wobbly stuff...
vmpire321
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2012 12:19:47 PM
At 12/30/2011 11:23:38 PM, MasterKage wrote:
Anyone who doesn't believe in Santa Claus is a fool. I don't be the magical guy running around at night on the 25th of December.
There was an actual human known as Santa Claus though, formerly known as Kris Kringle that gave presents to kids in his area.

is that a grammar error?
MasterKage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2012 6:16:26 PM
At 1/1/2012 12:19:47 PM, vmpire321 wrote:
At 12/30/2011 11:23:38 PM, MasterKage wrote:
Anyone who doesn't believe in Santa Claus is a fool. I don't mean the magical guy running around at night on the 25th of December.

is that a grammar error?

Fixed.
This signature is full of timey wimey wibbly wobbly stuff...
seraine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2012 9:20:59 AM
At 12/29/2011 8:46:46 AM, vbaculum wrote:
My wife wants raise our kid to believe in Santa. It's fine with me though the sooner he figures it out the prouder I will be. Santa is Jesus for children. Hopefully it will be a lesson in skepticism for our son (though my wife doesn't exactly see it that why :)

That would probably be the main reason I would go along with Santa.
devinni01841
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2012 11:15:45 AM
**Ahem** I'm 17 years old and Santa brought me a 1000 round package of bb's for the airsoft gun my stepdad bought me. I guess he knows all. :)
But then again, i got a pillow pet from the honey badger and a book on Israeli Krav Maga from Ziva David from the show NCIS. I guess my parents hqve a a sense of humor?? :)
There is nothing more bad-@ss than being yourself.

I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

Member of the Texas Army National Guard since 20111212

An Armed society is a polite society.