Jump to topic:

Anyone else using Dragon?

PiperPhoenix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2011 7:12:56 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
okay so I am currently using the new Dragon system is anybody else? I absolutely adore it but it can be really annoying sometimes this is my second day having it it's fun trying to figure it out but it is also a pain in the neck when it gets it wrong. I mean it seems to make things easier a lot of the time until it makes things harder. If anyone else is using it what do you think? Anyone thinking about getting it feel free to ask me any questions about it. Either way it literally took me about half an hour to write this.
Demons run when a good man goes to war;
Night will fall and drown the sun
When a good man goes to war.
Friendship dies and true love lies,
Night will fall and the dark will rise,
When a good man goes to war,
Demons run, but count the cost,
The battle's won, but the child is lost,
kyro90
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2011 7:42:53 PM
Whats this "Dragon"? Is it like an application or what?
Allow me to give you my card....
Oh you cant read? Pitty. It says,
You are now holding the card of the Awesome-Steller-Second-to-none-hot-cool-funny-incredible-magical-beautious-cuddly-warm-kitty-kat-like Secretary
PiperPhoenix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2011 7:50:14 PM
At 12/28/2011 7:42:53 PM, kyro90 wrote:

Ya it's a computer program that lets you control your computer with nothing but a headset basically. you talk and it types what your saying for you. if you use it right you shouldn't really have to press a button you can just control everything with your voice.
kyro90
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2011 8:32:13 PM
At 12/28/2011 7:50:14 PM, PiperPhoenix wrote:
At 12/28/2011 7:42:53 PM, kyro90 wrote:

Ya it's a computer program that lets you control your computer with nothing but a headset basically. you talk and it types what your saying for you. if you use it right you shouldn't really have to press a button you can just control everything with your voice.

Thats really cool! :D I am going to get that tommorow morning! Wait... Is it free?
Allow me to give you my card....
Oh you cant read? Pitty. It says,
You are now holding the card of the Awesome-Steller-Second-to-none-hot-cool-funny-incredible-magical-beautious-cuddly-warm-kitty-kat-like Secretary
MasterKage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2011 8:35:53 PM
Hmm...seems interesting.

How do you type though. Do you say what you want to type than like say confirm or enter or something?
This signature is full of timey wimey wibbly wobbly stuff...
MasterKage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2011 8:53:25 PM
At 12/28/2011 8:35:53 PM, MasterKage wrote:
Hmm...seems interesting.

How do you write posts though. Do you say what you want to type than like say confirm or enter or something?
This signature is full of timey wimey wibbly wobbly stuff...
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2011 2:00:55 AM
I have one but am too used to typing and using the mouse. I suppose I should give it another try. As a joke, I said "open new window" and it did it. I freaked. Technology is too much for me these days.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
mongeese
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2011 2:25:05 AM
I saw a commercial for it last week while watching Mythbusters. It looked fairly interesting, although I can see lots of potential problems with it. For example, "bold that" bolded someone's entire sentence, but what if he only wanted to bold the word "that"?

I think I'll stick with typing for now. Saying things like "new paragraph" is slower than typing, and I don't want to say aloud everything I type; it would annoy the people around me.
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2011 2:51:00 AM
I'm typing this using Dragon right now. It definitely takes some getting used to and I did have to do some clicking along the way. It has some trouble selecting things on the actual webpage, like the login and forum buttons. Typing would be faster for now but it is kind of fun to do things this way. Probably the most frustrating thing is that it doesn't recognize Google Chrome. I'll keep experimenting.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
PiperPhoenix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2012 5:31:04 PM
At 12/30/2011 2:51:00 AM, Maikuru wrote:
I'm typing this using Dragon right now. It definitely takes some getting used to and I did have to do some clicking along the way. It has some trouble selecting things on the actual webpage, like the login and forum buttons. Typing would be faster for now but it is kind of fun to do things this way. Probably the most frustrating thing is that it doesn't recognize Google Chrome. I'll keep experimenting.

Totally but it's also supposed to learn and adapt as you use the program so eventually it should theoretically know how you speak and write and adapt itself to be as accurate as possible.