Total Posts:25|Showing Posts:1-25
Jump to topic:

To all of the LGBT members(and supporters)..

lotus_flower
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2012 8:48:01 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
It has occurred to me that there's not a thread for gays... So, here we go!
Post your coming out stories, why you do/don't like being gay, your favorite thing about LGBT culture, etc.
"Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it."
- Christopher Hitchens, God Is Not Great: How Religion Poisons Everything
http://www.bbc.co.uk...
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2012 8:50:29 PM
I'm not gay, but my mother was convinced for an entire year that I was; even when I flat out told her I was not. Still have no idea why.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2012 8:56:02 PM
At 1/18/2012 8:50:29 PM, thett3 wrote:
I'm not gay, but my mother was convinced for an entire year that I was; even when I flat out told her I was not. Still have no idea why.

My mom thought I was gay for a while, too ("Not that there's anything wrong with that!"). This was despite me having a girlfriend at the time. I was the sole defender of gay rights in the family and I wasn't involved in any sports or interested in joining the military, which didn't help.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2012 8:57:26 PM
At 1/18/2012 8:56:02 PM, Maikuru wrote:

My mom thought I was gay for a while, too ("Not that there's anything wrong with that!"). This was despite me having a girlfriend at the time. I was the sole defender of gay rights in the family and I wasn't involved in any sports or interested in joining the military, which didn't help.

Haha I was a massive bigot (like a lot of gay people pretend to be to cover up) and girlfriendless, with a lot of female friends. So I guess I can KINDA see what she was getting at...
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

lotus_flower
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2012 10:36:01 PM
Hahahaha... I love that.
"Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it."
- Christopher Hitchens, God Is Not Great: How Religion Poisons Everything
http://www.bbc.co.uk...
rogue
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2012 10:55:52 PM
Ok legitimately here's what happened. I was watching tv at age 14 and I realized I kept thinking these random girls were hot. So then I thought: oh...I guess I'm bisexual. Cool beans. Then I moved on with my life.

The only thing that happened to me was when I was 16 walking the track during gym, this group of 13 yr olds kept kicking rocks at me and asking me if I wanted to screw my mom and sister since I was bi. I was pissed the teacher didn't do anything.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2012 11:00:26 PM
Being an asexual I suppose I can be considered part of the LGBT community. I haven't yet "come out" to everybody so to say, but to a few close friends. I think some people are starting to catch on though since I've been throwing out hints on FB. I have just never been sexually attracted to anybody and I'm sure my family may have noticed this while I was growing up.

At least we're less demonized than homosexuals or transgenders so I suppose coming out for me won't be as dramatic(hopefully). Then again, most people are in denial asexuality even exists. I actually get responses exactly like these ones: http://i120.photobucket.com... No joke, lol.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2012 7:09:07 PM
I'm not gay, but my mother was convinced for an entire year that I was; even when I flat out told her I was not. Still have no idea why.:

Because you didn't need to come out of the closet... you're so flaming gay that the closet simply burned down around you. :)
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
OMGJustinBieber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2012 11:46:48 PM
At 1/18/2012 11:00:26 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
Being an asexual I suppose I can be considered part of the LGBT community. I haven't yet "come out" to everybody so to say, but to a few close friends. I think some people are starting to catch on though since I've been throwing out hints on FB. I have just never been sexually attracted to anybody and I'm sure my family may have noticed this while I was growing up.

At least we're less demonized than homosexuals or transgenders so I suppose coming out for me won't be as dramatic(hopefully). Then again, most people are in denial asexuality even exists. I actually get responses exactly like these ones: http://i120.photobucket.com... No joke, lol.

I know this is a little personal, but have you ever had an orgasm?
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2012 8:14:52 PM
I used to think I was an asexual, but I think it had more to do with repression in my case. I eventually grew out of it, and after having sex for the first time, I realized how orgasmically awesome it is.

I'm more attracted to women, they have softer and more shapely bosies.. the vagoo is the superior orifice. That said, I think it all comes down to personal preference. When it comes right down to it, I don't see the difference.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2012 8:19:11 PM
At 1/19/2012 11:46:48 PM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:

Umm... O.o
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2012 8:22:34 PM
At 1/20/2012 8:19:11 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:

Umm... O.o

Anyway, if you must know I do still get urges(as many asexuals do). I just have no desire to have sex with anybody, considering it would be stupid to have sex with people I'm not attracted to. Obviously in my case I'm not sexually attracted to anybody so the urges aren't really triggered by anything specific. I'm not even really sure how to explain it, just look on the AVEN site.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2012 8:48:40 PM
At 1/20/2012 8:22:34 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 1/20/2012 8:19:11 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:

Umm... O.o

Anyway, if you must know I do still get urges(as many asexuals do). I just have no desire to have sex with anybody, considering it would be stupid to have sex with people I'm not attracted to. Obviously in my case I'm not sexually attracted to anybody so the urges aren't really triggered by anything specific. I'm not even really sure how to explain it, just look on the AVEN site.

I googled what it means to be an asexual and I got this answer:

"Sexual reproduction involves 2 organisms and the offspring carries traits of both parents.

Assexual reproduction involves the splitting of a single organism to give 2 copies of the original.

Eg. taking a cutting of a plant, asexual. Pollenation, sexual"

CAn you give me a better answer? lol I know I sound incredibly stupid
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2012 9:00:26 PM
*sigh* You just repeated #23. I need to make an asexuality bingo card. :P

Seriously though, just read the info on this site under the "about asexuality" section. http://www.asexuality.org...
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2012 9:15:14 PM
At 1/20/2012 9:00:26 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:

Seriously though, just read the info on this site under the "about asexuality" section. http://www.asexuality.org...

So you've never fallen in love? Or had a crush? Sorry if I'm prying too much, im just curious!
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2012 9:42:00 PM
At 1/20/2012 9:15:14 PM, TUF wrote:

So you've never fallen in love? Or had a crush? Sorry if I'm prying too much, im just curious!

Nope. I remember when I was younger people would always ask me about crushes. I have never had a crush or have fallen in love though so it was always awkward to answer.
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2012 9:44:18 PM
At 1/20/2012 9:42:00 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
Nope. I remember when I was younger people would always ask me about crushes. I have never had a crush or have fallen in love though so it was always awkward to answer.
Oh.

Bye everyone, I'm leaving the site!
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2012 9:54:45 PM
At 1/20/2012 9:42:00 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 1/20/2012 9:15:14 PM, TUF wrote:

sorry for the akwardness of the question.... That's so interesting... Love is such an interesting human emotion, it is strange to know that not every human being is capable of feeling it (love in the romantic sense that is). I guess it's probably comparable to how colorblind people will never grasp the concept of color...
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2012 10:03:14 PM
At 1/20/2012 9:54:45 PM, TUF wrote:

sorry for the akwardness of the question.... That's so interesting... Love is such an interesting human emotion, it is strange to know that not every human being is capable of feeling it (love in the romantic sense that is). I guess it's probably comparable to how colorblind people will never grasp the concept of color...

Yea, I guess it's kinda like that. The only kind of relationships I do are friendships.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2012 10:05:41 PM
At 1/20/2012 10:03:14 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:

Yea, I guess it's kinda like that. The only kind of relationships I do are friendships.

It's probably a good thing you can't love like that. While romance can prove well for some people, for a lot, it can have horrible effects on feelings and emotions. So I would consider yourself lucky.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2012 10:07:54 PM
At 1/20/2012 10:05:41 PM, TUF wrote:
At 1/20/2012 10:03:14 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:

It's probably a good thing you can't love like that. While romance can prove well for some people, for a lot, it can have horrible effects on feelings and emotions. So I would consider yourself lucky.

Yea, I do consider this whole thing a blessing more than a curse.
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2012 9:45:25 PM
I identify as bisexual (it's odd that some are in denial that this sexuality exists), but it's a bit different than one would think.

I can, and do, fall for both genders/am attracted to both. It's just that with women it's a much more romantic-based attraction, with little to no sexual or physical attraction.

For men, there's attraction there too, but it's on a more sexual or physical attraction than romantic (but there is still romantic there too.)

There are smart@sses who say "oh? Then your gay, because it's SEXuality," but the thing is is that sexuality is defined in terms of overall attraction, spiritually, emotionally, mentally, physically, romantically, sexually, etc.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2012 9:51:58 PM
At 1/22/2012 9:45:25 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
I identify as bisexual (it's odd that some are in denial that this sexuality exists), but it's a bit different than one would think.

I can, and do, fall for both genders/am attracted to both. It's just that with women it's a much more romantic-based attraction, with little to no sexual or physical attraction.

For men, there's attraction there too, but it's on a more sexual or physical attraction than romantic (but there is still romantic there too.)

Oh? then you're gay because its SEXuality.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2012 9:54:06 PM
At 1/22/2012 9:51:58 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 1/22/2012 9:45:25 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:

Oh? then you're gay because its SEXuality.

Really?

I knew advancing our relationship to the FB level was a bad idea. lol
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus