Jump to topic:

News Anchor Sabotage or Accident?

PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2012 5:25:31 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Please look at these two videos. Note how it's the same reporter in both videos. In both videos he destroys some potential world record attempt, and claims it's by accident. What are the odds of somebody doing this twice? I'm suspicious. I think this guy is doing it on purpose, just to be a d!ck, and when you watch the videos you might see why.

Your thoughts?
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2012 5:42:16 PM
At 1/26/2012 5:25:31 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
Please look at these two videos. Note how it's the same reporter in both videos. In both videos he destroys some potential world record attempt, and claims it's by accident. What are the odds of somebody doing this twice? I'm suspicious. I think this guy is doing it on purpose, just to be a d!ck, and when you watch the videos you might see why.

Your thoughts?

Yes, clearly staged "accidents". Like how do you make these accidents.

"You mine standing back just a little bit"

guy stands right next to it.

And how do you manage to break an ice sculpture like that. You'd have to purposely swing the art sculpture downwards to break it.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2012 5:48:12 PM
And how do you manage to break an ice sculpture like that. You'd have to purposely swing the art sculpture downwards to break it.:

Yeah, and before he backs up, he looks right at, then keeps inching backwards anyway. And the ice sculpture looks like he leaned on it on purpose to try and break it... and then there's his little smirk at the end.

So here's the burgeoning question... Is it staged (as in everyone is in on it, including the sculptor) or is this reporter doing it on purpose just to be an @ss and feigning to be a klutz? Because that's a legit news station in Orange County, California. Why would they endorse a gag that makes them look stupid, versus a news anchor who's doing it on purpose to make people laugh?
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2012 5:55:00 PM
At 1/26/2012 5:48:12 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
And how do you manage to break an ice sculpture like that. You'd have to purposely swing the art sculpture downwards to break it.:

Yeah, and before he backs up, he looks right at, then keeps inching backwards anyway. And the ice sculpture looks like he leaned on it on purpose to try and break it... and then there's his little smirk at the end.

So here's the burgeoning question... Is it staged (as in everyone is in on it, including the sculptor) or is this reporter doing it on purpose just to be an @ss and feigning to be a klutz? Because that's a legit news station in Orange County, California. Why would they endorse a gag that makes them look stupid, versus a news anchor who's doing it on purpose to make people laugh?

Please tell me this man is no longer employed at that news station.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2012 7:15:25 PM
Please tell me this man is no longer employed at that news station.:

Funny you should ask, because part of this thread is about sending spam emails to the news station to get him fired... provided you think he did it on purpose. Really curious to hear what you all think.
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2012 7:39:13 PM
Well, if this video (the one I'm posting is different from the one in the original post) is from the real youtube channel for the news channel (as it claims to be), then it says in the description that it was done on purpose and "only the photographer was in on it." I looked at the website for the channel (I think) and it says he is still employed. o.O

http://www.koce.org...

Yeah, that news channel probably deserves an enormous amount of trolling.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2012 9:03:12 PM
At 1/26/2012 7:39:13 PM, Oryus wrote:

Well, if this video (the one I'm posting is different from the one in the original post) is from the real youtube channel for the news channel (as it claims to be), then it says in the description that it was done on purpose and "only the photographer was in on it." I looked at the website for the channel (I think) and it says he is still employed. o.O

Yeah, that news channel probably deserves an enormous amount of trolling.:

The more I watch it, the more pissed off it makes me... even the news anchors are smarmy about it, basically, "f*ck the ice sculptor, that sh*t was funny." He came dangerously close to getting his @ss beat.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2012 9:04:28 PM
At 1/26/2012 9:03:12 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
At 1/26/2012 7:39:13 PM, Oryus wrote:

Yeah, that news channel probably deserves an enormous amount of trolling.:

The more I watch it, the more pissed off it makes me... even the news anchors are smarmy about it, basically, "f*ck the ice sculptor, that sh*t was funny." He came dangerously close to getting his @ss beat.

I'm thinking the whole thing was staged, and the "freakout" was fake, if that makes you feel better, :P.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2012 9:35:26 AM
I'm thinking the whole thing was staged, and the "freakout" was fake, if that makes you feel better, :P:

I thought of that as a possibility, but what would it gain a news agency to act completely inept and calloused without eventually letting people in on the "joke?"