HAVENWOOD MAFIA GAME: Day Phase #3

KRFournier
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2009 5:39:53 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
Game Change

1. I-am-a-Panda is replacing rangersfootballclub.
2. AnimeFanTony is now reassuming his role. Usafkid1121 is no longer permitted to play on his behalf.

Alive

#1. dvhoose
#2. resolutionsmasher
#3. mrbullfrog11
#4. JBlake
#5. Harlan
#6. The_Booner
#7. Ragnar_Rahl
#8. Clockwork
#9. wjmelements
#10. ournamestoolong
#11. AnimeFanTony
#12. crackofdawn_Jr
#13. SaintNick
#14. Johnicle
#15. SportsGuru
#16. Im_always_right
#17. theitalianstallion
#18. I-am-a-Panda
#19. Zeratul
#20. DrumBum1234 (persuaded by Politician)
#21. theLwerd (revived)

Deceased

#1. usafkid1121 (townie), Turncoat (Becomes mafia if targeted for a mafia kill at night.) - killed by Vigilante on Night Phase #1.

#2. SaintNick (townie), Cop (Can investigate a player at night to determine if that person is mafia or innocent) - lynched on Day Phase #2.

#3. Logical-Master (townie), Mason Recruiter (Can recruit a new mason during each night phase without knowing if recruit is mafia or innocent) - killed by Vigilante on Night Phase #2.

#4. DeadLeaves93 (townie), Mason (Can communicate privately with other masons) - killed by mafia on Night Phase #2.

Story

Havenwood Herald
June 4, 2009

SHE LIVES!!!

Like a scene straight out of science fiction, local mystic theLwerd seems to be up and about. It all began when Havenwood Police received a phone call from night shift personnel at Havenwood Hallow Cemetery's onsite morgue facility. Mortician Buddy Morten was scheduled to prepare her body for cremation when, to his surprised, she was nowhere to be found.

Police went to her former residence to begin questioning neighbors when they found her, alive and well, arguing with her former landlord, who had already leased her apartment to a new tenant. When asked to explain how she returned, she claimed to have no memory of ever having been dead.

She is temporarily living with Vi_Veri, who was somewhat pleased to have her old friend back. "Don't get me wrong, I'm glad she's alive. It's just that she's not quite the same person she was before." Well, death is likely change a person.

ANOTHER VIGILANTE VICTIM: ALLEGED RING LEADER OF SECRET ORGANIZATION

Havenwood's vigilante seems to have struck again. Early this morning, local theoretician Logical-Master was found brutally murdered in his Victorian home. Chief Investigator Gordon Skinner gave us the details. "This was an uncoordinated and violent scene consistent with the killing of usafkid1121 last week. The victim was stabbed 14 times in the ensuing struggle and died from massive bloodletting. There was no note, but a letter V was scraped into the wall with what we assume to be the murder weapon."

Not a lot was known about Logical-Master, as he kept to himself. Those that knew him well describe him as a cunning tactician. Evidence found in his home suggests he was forming his own underground organization whose purpose was to expose the criminals of Havenwood's alleged mafia. It is unknown to Police whether this group actually exists and, if so, what details they may have obtained that could help Havenwood see an end to its recent streak of violence.

FRIENDLY CITIZEN STRATEGICALLY MURDERED

Friendly neighbor DeadLeaves93 was murdered in his driveway after arriving home late last night. Investigators have already concluded his murder to be professionally executed, adding yet more credibility to the theory of a Havenwood mafia. According to police, he was fatally shot with a single bullet at close range.

DeadLeaves93 was known by many in his community as friendly and outgoing. He recently befriended the enigmatic Logical-Master, leading many to believe they were working together to help stem the tide of violence in our city. With both of them dead, one can only hope their efforts were not in vain.

Day Phase #3 Begins

1. theLwerd has been revived.
2. The Politician forced DrumBum1234 to vote for theitalianstallion.
3. The day phase will expire on Tuesday at 5:30pm PST.

Initial Vote Count

DrumBum1234 (theitalianstallion) - 1/11 votes
Logical-Master
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2009 5:55:13 PM
Dude, I didn't hastily lynch SaintNick (who turned out to be a townie) for a reason. ;)

Anyways, this game was pretty bad on my part. I'll have to switch to a different playstyle in the next game.
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2009 6:11:43 PM
We lost two masons... and the recruiter, which means that now I can never be a mason... (dang). Maybe next game.

To the point, whoever the vigilante is needs to stop guessing unless they are absolutely sure... they've been wrong twice.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
ChristianM
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2009 6:15:11 PM
Agreed. I must add my last and final input. To the vigilante: Please stop randomly killing people. You are probably causing the townies to lose dramatically. Please cease and desist. Unless you are 100% absolutely sure, please do not do anything. You are really pissing the F*ck out of me. I now concede my role over to Animfantony. Good luck to the town. Long Live HAVENWOOD!
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2009 6:23:15 PM
Welcome back Lwerd.

Wonder what's up with the stallion vote?
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
SportsGuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2009 6:27:27 PM
Well, this certainly a terrible reversal from last game.

To the vigilante: BE MORE CAREFUL, but do not be afraid to use your power. Unless KRFournier has some other made up roles, you are our only night-time offense. In my opinion, an inactive vigilante is worse than an inaccurate one, especially in a game with players who can revive.

At 6/4/2009 5:39:53 PM, KRFournier wrote:
2. The Politician forced DrumBum1234 to vote for theitalianstallion.

Initial Vote Count

DrumBum1234 (theitalianstallion) - 1/11 votes

KRFournier, would it not be:

theitalianstallion (DrumBum1234) 1/11 votes
DrumBum1234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2009 6:50:43 PM
I was about to say. That caught my eye too. So does this basically take away my vote again or can I unvote. Cause this is the second day in a row my vote has been taken.
SportsGuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2009 6:54:35 PM
At 6/4/2009 6:50:43 PM, DrumBum1234 wrote:
I was about to say. That caught my eye too. So does this basically take away my vote again or can I unvote. Cause this is the second day in a row my vote has been taken.

You are forced to that vote for today. I guess the politician does not like you, or theitalianstallion for that matter.
SportsGuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2009 7:04:10 PM
At 6/4/2009 6:56:57 PM, wjmelements wrote:
Do the masons do anything besides PM?

The benefit of the masons is that they have their own private PM. Otherwise they are normal townies. Unfortunately, they are essentially useless know since most likely

A. there are no masons

B. there is one mason who cannot talk to anyone else

considering L-M only had 2 days to recruit.
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2009 7:10:16 PM
At 6/4/2009 7:05:27 PM, dvhoose wrote:
stallion already has a vote? Wonder why the politician thought him suspicious?

Yeah. Why Stallion?
dvhoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2009 7:10:27 PM
At 6/4/2009 7:04:10 PM, SportsGuru wrote:

The benefit of the masons is that they have their own private PM. Otherwise they are normal townies. Unfortunately, they are essentially useless know since most likely

A. there are no masons

I agree... Losing two in one night... I'd say there's one left... L-M seems like a pretty cautious guy. Headstrong definitely haha but he wouldn't want to recruit a mafia... To anyone who knows L-M better than me, how much info could he have collected in these two days?
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2009 7:11:03 PM
At 6/4/2009 7:09:23 PM, SportsGuru wrote:
Either that, or the politician does not like DrumBum1234.

They may not, but they still picked Stallion. The question still remains.
dvhoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2009 7:11:48 PM

And randomly chose stallion as the victim?
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2009 7:13:03 PM
At 6/4/2009 7:10:27 PM, dvhoose wrote:
At 6/4/2009 7:04:10 PM, SportsGuru wrote:

A. there are no masons

I agree... Losing two in one night... I'd say there's one left... L-M seems like a pretty cautious guy. Headstrong definitely haha but he wouldn't want to recruit a mafia... To anyone who knows L-M better than me, how much info could he have collected in these two days?

I think the masons are now extinct. I believe option B.

L-M indeed was very useful in that he was a very influental figure who seemed to have a good idea who everyone was. (But why did the vigilante kill him?)
SportsGuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2009 7:14:57 PM
At 6/4/2009 7:11:48 PM, dvhoose wrote:

Well, I guess they did not want their power to go to waste and decided to choose a player who is at least semi-active.
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2009 7:18:28 PM
At 6/4/2009 7:14:57 PM, SportsGuru wrote:

Well, I guess they did not want their power to go to waste and decided to choose a player who is at least semi-active.

Semi-active... Well, I don't think the politician can be mafia, so we can assume that the politician wants to kill Stallion. What evidence do we have for this? (if there be any, I will vote).
SportsGuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2009 7:19:59 PM
At 6/4/2009 7:13:03 PM, wjmelements wrote:

L-M indeed was very useful in that he was a very influental figure who seemed to have a good idea who everyone was. (But why did the vigilante kill him?)

My guess is that the vigilante did not trust Logical-Master. His push to not no-lynch on the 1st day raised some suspicion, and as was said one of the earlier days, someone like Logical-Master who was mafia would be an Anti-Christ.
SportsGuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2009 7:22:33 PM
At 6/4/2009 7:18:28 PM, wjmelements wrote:

Semi-active... Well, I don't think the politician can be mafia, so we can assume that the politician wants to kill Stallion. What evidence do we have for this? (if there be any, I will vote).

Maybe that SaintNick's overreaction to theitalianstallion's opinion on AnimeFanToy got the cop lynched? I really do not see where the politician is coming from at this point.
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2009 7:36:03 PM
At 6/4/2009 7:22:33 PM, SportsGuru wrote:

Maybe that SaintNick's overreaction to theitalianstallion's opinion on AnimeFanToy got the cop lynched? I really do not see where the politician is coming from at this point.

Me neither. Anyone else have an idea why the politician had the vote against theitalianstallion?
SportsGuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2009 7:57:22 PM
At 6/4/2009 7:36:03 PM, wjmelements wrote:
At 6/4/2009 7:22:33 PM, SportsGuru wrote:

Me neither. Anyone else have an idea why the politician had the vote against theitalianstallion?

Problem is, you are probably not going to get an answer. Anyone who did would put themselves out there as most likely being the politician and have a target placed on them by the mafia. A target that probably won't be protected considering the situation with AnimeFanToy.

Speaking of AnimeFanToy, do we think he should role the dice again? If he does, who should he protect, investigate, or revive?
Clockwork
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2009 8:42:47 PM
Anime's role is a waste of a protection if he chooses not to play this obscure Russian Roulette; if no use is being made of his volatile-but-useful role it makes it easy for the Mafia to hunt for new, unprotected power-roles.

On the bright side, LW's revival clears AFT unless ridiculously extraordinary circumstances apply (namely the Mafia having a Reviver).

As for who he should apply if he doesn't auto cumbust tonight:

Investigation is pretty much up to him. All we have so far is our FoS'es, and the investigation should probably go towards whoever AFT or the town thinks the scummiest.

Protection goes to the LWerd as she's our only clear, and a potentially useful clear at that with her Mafia-hammering ability. LW should be protected unless another PR reveals today.

As for revival, I personally believe it should be SaintNick. I honestly can't understand why Nick wasn't revived in the first place. No offense to LW and her useful reasoning people say she brought to the last game (though I wasn't around to see it myself), but having a 100% cleared cop would have been endlessly useful for the town, more so than the Psychic role will be. Although the loss of the mason-recruiter is particularly unhelpful, the revival of LM will make him an easy rekill and mafia target while the doctor is covering AFT's hindquarters.
Felonial Disenfranchisement: http://www.debate.org...
Poverty v. Environmental Protection: http://www.debate.org...
On God and Free Will: http://www.debate.org...
dvhoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2009 8:51:09 PM
At 6/4/2009 8:42:47 PM, Clockwork wrote:
As for revival, I personally believe it should be SaintNick. I honestly can't understand why Nick wasn't revived in the first place. No offense to LW and her useful reasoning people say she brought to the last game (though I wasn't around to see it myself), but having a 100% cleared cop would have been endlessly useful for the town, more so than the Psychic role will be. Although the loss of the mason-recruiter is particularly unhelpful, the revival of LM will make him an easy rekill and mafia target while the doctor is covering AFT's hindquarters.

Not to sound skeptical or condescending, but wouldn't the revival of SaintNick be an easy re-kill and mafia target while the doctor is covering AFT's hindquarters?
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2009 3:00:06 AM
Hai guyz!

Simple explanations for the Vigilante. It works on the premise he isn't a normal vigilante.

He could be an Overeager Vigilante. This means he has to kill someone each night. He could have thought LM suspicious and decided to kill him. Being stabbed 14 times could suggest he is overeager.

Anyway, has anyone noticed:

1) JBlake has been inactive even though he was online 2 hours ago.

2) Sportsguru is posting more than usual.

Thoughts?
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
theitalianstallion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2009 5:30:55 AM
At 6/5/2009 3:00:06 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:

1) JBlake has been inactive even though he was online 2 hours ago.

That is a bit strange. He's one of the more active at the beginning of phases.

2) Sportsguru is posting more than usual.

Usually only 3 or 4 posts a day phase and now that many within the first 30 posts. A bit odd.

Neither one tells us much though.
When Reach fell, I came.
AnimeFanTony
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2009 5:44:07 AM
Ok guys unlike Usafkid i wouldn't have lynched nick but whats done is done. I'll try to revive him tonight. If i get protect ill protect LW and if its investigate then DrumBum. The politician definitely does not like him.
Ownership of this account has been transferred from JCMT to I-am-a-panda.
Updates of the next JCMT puppet account pending.