Santa Claus is Real

Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2009 6:21:42 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
Obviously he is not... but...

Prove it or disprove it. (preferably prove it). You can use the same logic used for religions/Christianity even if you do not believe in religion.
dvhoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2009 7:05:55 PM
At 6/10/2009 6:21:42 PM, Nags wrote:

Prove it or disprove it. (preferably prove it). You can use the same logic used for religions/Christianity even if you do not believe in religion.

http://www.debate.org...

^ Probably my favorite debate I've ever done on this site. Yraelz gave me a run for my money, and he should have won...
ChristianM
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2009 7:39:28 PM
At 6/10/2009 6:21:42 PM, Nags wrote:

And people are wondering why I'm leaving?
GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2009 8:18:56 PM
Santa Claus if to travel to every house in world in one night, would have to spend a millionth of a second at each home. Too fast to seem since your eye can only witness something move at 20th per second. Meaning your eye will only just be able to see this thing travel at 20th per second. A millionth per second is a super natural speed. Notice that Santa Claus was once a figure of green clothing but now red. The branch of all the comical Satan figures and when God banished Satan from heaven for ever, Lucifa turn jealous. Coca Cola is one of the largest brads in the world, it was because of Coca Cola Santa turned red. Notice also that Satan and Santa have the exact same letters. Coincidence?

Santa to too fast to see, evolution is too slow to witness. Both impossible to see or witness. As a young child you believe in Santa only though to draw you into the belief of evolution.

Seriously here, Christmas tree = Tree of life. Decurations = Fossils (Best at the top of the tree, right?) Presents = Missing links (Notice that presents like the missing links always are related to a existing creature to its own kind only, e.g. Fire Engine 3000 has wheels like Super remote police car 8000.)

Santa also brings up the notion of Satan not existing, because Santa and Satan both contain the same qualities, and that when you were a old enough to realise Santa is made up Satan disappears too. Mission acomplished to Satan. Yeah well done.

Just like when I say, "There must have been that 10 minute period where one kind of creature evolves into another completely kind if evolution is true." Same goes for, "If it is true that you did once believe in Santa and now do not, there must have been that 10 minutes period where you changed your mind to believing in Santa and then not." See the patten? Coincidence? Neah I don't think so. I think Satan exists, evolution doesn't along with Santa.
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2009 6:15:42 PM
At 6/10/2009 8:18:56 PM, GodSands wrote:
Santa Claus if to travel to every house in world in one night, would have to spend a millionth of a second at each home. Too fast to seem since your eye can only witness something move at 20th per second. Meaning your eye will only just be able to see this thing travel at 20th per second. A millionth per second is a super natural speed. Notice that Santa Claus was once a figure of green clothing but now red. The branch of all the comical Satan figures and when God banished Satan from heaven for ever, Lucifa turn jealous. Coca Cola is one of the largest brads in the world, it was because of Coca Cola Santa turned red. Notice also that Satan and Santa have the exact same letters. Coincidence?

Santa to too fast to see, evolution is too slow to witness. Both impossible to see or witness. As a young child you believe in Santa only though to draw you into the belief of evolution.

Seriously here, Christmas tree = Tree of life. Decurations = Fossils (Best at the top of the tree, right?) Presents = Missing links (Notice that presents like the missing links always are related to a existing creature to its own kind only, e.g. Fire Engine 3000 has wheels like Super remote police car 8000.)

Santa also brings up the notion of Satan not existing, because Santa and Satan both contain the same qualities, and that when you were a old enough to realise Santa is made up Satan disappears too. Mission acomplished to Satan. Yeah well done.

Just like when I say, "There must have been that 10 minute period where one kind of creature evolves into another completely kind if evolution is true." Same goes for, "If it is true that you did once believe in Santa and now do not, there must have been that 10 minutes period where you changed your mind to believing in Santa and then not." See the patten? Coincidence? Neah I don't think so. I think Satan exists, evolution doesn't along with Santa.

How do you know that Santa does not move at super natural speed? I say he does. Prove me wrong. You can't. And I can't prove it. Just like religion.

About your whole Santa turning green to red... this is from the Coca-Cola Website:
-"The Civil War cartoonist Thomas Nast drew Santa Claus for Harper's Weekly in 1862; Santa was shown as a small elf-like figure who supported the Union. Nast continued to draw Santa for 30 years and along the way changed the color of his coat from tan to the now traditional red. Though some people believe the Coca-Cola Santa wears red because that is the Coke® color, the red suit comes from Nast's interpretation of St. Nick."
http://www.thecoca-colacompany.com...

"Notice also that Satan and Santa have the exact same letters. Coincidence?"
-God and dog have the same letters. Coincedence? I think not. God is most likely a dog.

"Santa to too fast to see, evolution is too slow to witness. Both impossible to see or witness. As a young child you believe in Santa only though to draw you into the belief of evolution."
-I can't see air, but I know its around me. As a child, I believed in God, but now I don't.

"Seriously here, Christmas tree = Tree of life. Decurations = Fossils (Best at the top of the tree, right?) Presents = Missing links (Notice that presents like the missing links always are related to a existing creature to its own kind only, e.g. Fire Engine 3000 has wheels like Super remote police car 8000.)"
-Umm... what?

"Santa also brings up the notion of Satan not existing, because Santa and Satan both contain the same qualities, and that when you were a old enough to realise Santa is made up Satan disappears too. Mission acomplished to Satan. Yeah well done."
-Santa is jolly and good. Satan is evil and bad. Not the same qualities. But Santa is not made up, he is real. God and Satan are not real.

"Just like when I say, "There must have been that 10 minute period where one kind of creature evolves into another completely kind if evolution is true." Same goes for, "If it is true that you did once believe in Santa and now do not, there must have been that 10 minutes period where you changed your mind to believing in Santa and then not." See the patten? Coincidence? Neah I don't think so. I think Satan exists, evolution doesn't along with Santa."
-I actually don't see a pattern or coincedence. Satan does not exist. Evolution does exist. Santa does exist.
GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2009 8:30:43 PM
Yeah I will get to this tomorrow. God and a dog have nothing in common but that God made the dog. Santa and Satan both disapear from existence at an earily stage in life. Santa and Satan are both red. Satan is red as a cartoon and Santa is red in the media, Satan in cartoons is meant to be seen as unreal, Santa is not. Santa is too fast to see, evolution is too slow. A lie from Satan.

I gotta go, get to bed now, reply more later.
Harlan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2009 10:09:14 PM
At 6/12/2009 8:30:43 PM, GodSands wrote:
[Satan! Santa! Red! Fast! Slow! Coca-Cola! Evolution! Christmas trees! Fire engine 3000! Missing links! Children! Decorations! Qod Erat Demonstrandum.]

Ha, you sound like some sort of theological conspiracy theorist. You are taking a bunch of unrelated tidbits and throwing them together randomly. I mean, seriously.... they both are red? You're really stretching it.

And I thought Christmas was a respected Christian religion. Are you of a denomination which does not acknowledge Christmas?
GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2009 5:35:13 AM
: At 6/12/2009 9:52:41 PM, Harlan wrote:
Godsands, "Santa", if I'm not mistaken, means "saint". Are you of the belief that all saints are satanic?

Yes that is right Santa is Saint Nick like Satan is lusifa, if you were in my shoes Satan would be easily seen. Anyway, Lusifa was a angel in heaven, Santa is a saint so the name says, Satan is a evil entity and Santa is a happy man who makes toys in the north pole with his elves. If you look closer you will notice that the figure of God as a person looks similar to Santa Claus. They both have a beared then both have servants, they both seems not to exist. The image of God as a person, like the old man in the sky, that kind of God does not exist at all. What Satan has done is quite clever, Satan has tricked us to believe that Santa exists as a kid as a small child and also believe that God as all children say a man in ths sky. Well yes, where does Santa Claus fly at night? In the sky, yes? So by saying God and Santa both are old men in the sky will when you grow out of the belief in Santa you will remove that belief in Santa as well as God and along with Satan too.

Ofcourse you don't believe in Santa now, but neither do you believe God exists. It is because you imply the same believe in Santa as you did God when you were a child. A man in the sky. God is nothing like a man in the sky, but Santa is. Satan is real but his existence goes when you stop believing in Santa due to their very close similarities. Same goes for God.

I can say in a nice way, you been ownd, not by me but by Satan - I meant that it a truthful way. You need to look into this some more of this. Really search God out and search for the truth. Have a journey with God, I say that because God is with you while you search, in a way it is like you are looking at someones feet and scanning your way up to the face, then saying, "Oh right you were always here with me."
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2009 5:45:18 AM
Hey GodSands, I'm willing to bet you don't know how the tale of Santa Claus started, do you?

http://en.wikipedia.org...

That is who he is based off of. How 'satanic' is this guy? I mean, giving gifts to the poor? That must get you to the seventh circle at least.

By the way - since you're fond of Santa/Satan being so similar in spelling, I'd like to see you misconstrue Pere Noel, the French name for Santa Claus. Seriously, I'm giving you the opportunity.
feverish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2009 1:31:29 PM
Santa Claus aka Father Christmas aka Kris Kringle is an amalgamation of different figures most of them pagan but made palatable for Christians.

What do reindeer, the north pole, elves, chimneys, sleigh bells or the rest of it have to do with Saint Nicholas of Myra?

And for that matter what do Santa, presents, holly, ivy, yule logs, mince pies, crackers, trees, getting drunk or most other Christmas traditions have to do with the birth of Jesus Christ?

Apologies if grammar is poor.
Harlan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2009 2:08:28 PM
At 6/13/2009 5:35:13 AM, GodSands wrote:
: At 6/12/2009 9:52:41 PM, Harlan wrote:
Godsands, "Santa", if I'm not mistaken, means "saint". Are you of the belief that all saints are satanic?

Yes that is right Santa is Saint Nick like Satan is lusifa, if you were in my shoes Satan would be easily seen. Anyway, Lusifa was a angel in heaven, Santa is a saint so the name says, Satan is a evil entity and Santa is a happy man who makes toys in the north pole with his elves. If you look closer you will notice that the figure of God as a person looks similar to Santa Claus. They both have a beared then both have servants, they both seems not to exist. The image of God as a person, like the old man in the sky, that kind of God does not exist at all. What Satan has done is quite clever, Satan has tricked us to believe that Santa exists as a kid as a small child and also believe that God as all children say a man in ths sky. Well yes, where does Santa Claus fly at night? In the sky, yes? So by saying God and Santa both are old men in the sky will when you grow out of the belief in Santa you will remove that belief in Santa as well as God and along with Satan too.

Ofcourse you don't believe in Santa now, but neither do you believe God exists. It is because you imply the same believe in Santa as you did God when you were a child. A man in the sky. God is nothing like a man in the sky, but Santa is. Satan is real but his existence goes when you stop believing in Santa due to their very close similarities. Same goes for God.

I can say in a nice way, you been ownd, not by me but by Satan - I meant that it a truthful way. You need to look into this some more of this. Really search God out and search for the truth. Have a journey with God, I say that because God is with you while you search, in a way it is like you are looking at someones feet and scanning your way up to the face, then saying, "Oh right you were always here with me."

Wait, I thought "Santa" was supposed to be similar to Satan, according to you. Now you're saying that he's similar to god. You're confusing me.

And, if anything, purposefully teaching a kid to believe in "Santa Clause" only gives them the sort of attitude that a religious person has. I doubt that any small child has much concern for a figure like god, who they only learn about in the form of fairy tales. It is a novelty to them, but it does not really affect they're life in any way. "Santa Clause", however, has a much more direct affect on them, in that once a year they receive presents from him.