Jump to topic:

AGH SUNBURN!i!!

BigMac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2009 7:24:21 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
Apparently no one posts in the health section, but this is sorta urgent and EVERYONE posts in the misc. threads, so i apologize for the dual threads.

OK. today i went to the beach, put on sum sunscreen and laid down to try and get a tan. i forgot to re-apply, and got probably my worsty sunburn EVA. Skip the "Your an idiot" cracks. i just need to kno sum homemade sunburn remedies any1 might know because i feel like i have malaria: being hot and cold at the SAME TIME. Thanks.
I'm back.
Nik
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2009 8:26:15 PM
put lemon juice in your hair and go sunbathing again, it gets rid of sunburn instantly, I promise you! ;)
"If you could tell the world but one truth, I could convince it of a thousand lies"
EmyG
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2009 11:32:34 AM
Haha, good one. Lemon juice bleaches out your hair. I use it sometimes because my hair bleaches out and lemon juice makes it bleach out more.
Anyway, I reapplied and STILL got sunburned. I never get sunburned.
Be careful using the automatic spray sunscreen. Some evaporate VERY quickly. That's what happened to me. If you use the automatic sunscreen, I DO NOT recommend Neutrogena. It says it's better for your skin, but it doesn't apply very well. Banana Boat is VERY oily. Coppertone Sport is pretty good. The lotion spray is probably better because you still have to rub it in, so you know it's soaking in because you can see it.
Aloe Vera or lotion with Aloe Vera in it should work pretty well. Most people say DO NOT get in hot water because it makes the burn worse. Some people say DO get in hot water because it takes the heat out of it. I say burn it out. That tends to help me.
Personally, I say take a hot shower, burn it out. Then apply Aloe Vera or lotion with Aloe Vera. Then stay under blankets when you get chilly. Sometimes you'll run a fever. Apply Aloe Vera again before bed. Shower again in the morning, hot. Then reapply the Aloe Vera. Stay out of the sun for a few days. If you must get in the sun, wear something that covers the burn, or stay in the shade. Keep taking warm showers and applying Aloe Vera. The burn should feel better in no time :)
Break Dance.Not Hearts
BigMac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2009 5:37:14 PM
Nik: Your sig says enough to make me not want to do anything you say...
EmyG: THX! a LoTtTt and im not going to be an "idiot" anymore i hope......
I'm back.
resolutionsmasher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2009 8:07:35 PM
ice bath for instant relief and sleep with no covers tonight. (be tough in the bath though, it's for strong willed people only) (I live in Oklahoma, land of worst sun burns eva)
In the relationship between Obama and the rest of the U.S..... I think the U.S. is getting the short end of the hockey stick.
leet4A1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2009 9:19:59 PM
Cover yourself in gasoline and light yourself on fire. Clear it right up.
"Let me tell you the truth. The truth is, 'what is'. And 'what should be' is a fantasy, a terrible terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago. The 'what should be' never did exist, but people keep trying to live up to it. There is no 'what should be,' there is only what is." - Lenny Bruce

"Satan goes to church, did you know that?" - Godsands

"And Genisis 1 does match modern science... you just have to try really hard." - GR33K FR33K5
EmyG
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2009 12:20:52 PM
South Florida's pretty bad.
Mississippi's tough sometimes.
I sat in a boat for maybe 2 and a half hours yesterday, with sunscreen, and I got burned horribly.
The only thing worse than a sunburn is when you have a sunburn on top of windburn. That's what I have.
BigMac: Love the sig.
Break Dance.Not Hearts
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2009 12:32:40 PM
I don't really burn that much. However, I got out in the wind in Arizona and got some bad windburns.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
BigMac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2009 6:48:52 PM
hmmm. never had winburn even after living in the "windy City" (((i kno how thats not how it got its name))) but now im peeling :-/ and that sux..........

(thanks for the complement EmyG)
I'm back.
resolutionsmasher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2009 6:52:27 PM
At 6/12/2009 8:48:58 PM, BigMac wrote:
Oklahoma? try SOUTH FLORIDA.

At least you've got trees in south florida
In the relationship between Obama and the rest of the U.S..... I think the U.S. is getting the short end of the hockey stick.
BigMac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2009 7:28:12 PM
hahaha true. but the summers are BRUTAL.if you attempt to stay outside all day,in the sun, you will most likely die of dehydration / heat exaustion. even with moderate water drinking.

even my pool is boiling hot. its often warmer than the air. Even with the daily afternoon rain. almost never fails. at 9 or 10 am, youll look out and not see a single cloud within the entire state. but by 3:30 - 4 pm, its dark and depressing and ALWAYS POURING. lightening too.winds in high altitude are high, but not near the ground. ((prolly due to those trees))
I'm back.
NuncConsurgo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2009 4:28:36 PM
it's much different for me. I can stay out in the sun forever without sunscreen and nothing happens. I mean, I still turn the color of toast that's been set on fire, and I still peel like crazy, but my skin doesn't feel tender or burnt. I know people that cover their skin with mayonnaise as a remedy.
I am nothing more than a figment of my own imagination.