#9. wjmelements
#10. ournamestoolong
#11. AnimeFanTony
#12. crackofdawn_Jr
#13. SaintNick
#14. Johnicle
#15. SportsGuru
#16. Im_always_right
#17. theitalianstallion (persuaded by Politician)
#18. I-am-a-Panda
#19. Zeratul
#20. DrumBum1234
#21. theLwerd
#22. SaintNick (revived)

Deceased

#1. usafkid1121 (townie), Turncoat (Becomes mafia if targeted for a mafia kill at night.) - killed by Vigilante on Night Phase #1.

#2. Logical-Master (townie), Mason Recruiter (Can recruit a new mason during each night phase without knowing if recruit is mafia or innocent) - killed by Vigilante on Night Phase #2.

#3. DeadLeaves93 (townie), Mason (Can communicate privately with other masons) - killed by mafia on Night Phase #2.

Story

Havenwood Herald
June 11, 2009

DEAD MAN WALKING

Another miracle has occurred in Havenwood. Declared dead on June 2, 2009, SaintNick has made a full recovery. Despite his neck's prolonged exposure to a noose, he seems to have both his health and his wits about him. Only time will tell whether SaintNick plans to resume his investigative work or withdraw into passivity.

MIDNIGHT GUNFIRE

Several citizens reported gunfire downtown last night. Police found spent shells in an alley but no bodies or other evidence were recovered.

Day Phase #4 Begins

1. SaintNick has been revived.
2. The Politician forced theitalianstallion to vote for himself.
3. The day phase will expire on Tuesday at 10:00pm PST.

Initial Vote Count

theitalianstallion (theitalianstallion) - 1/12 votes
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2009 9:16:18 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
Woot, we seem to be making a bit of a recovery.

What'd they do, try to target AFT or something?
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
JBlake
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2009 9:24:18 AM
So let us recap.

Known townies:
theLwerd
Saintnick

Probably townies:
AnimeFanTony
Drumbum

Am I missing anyone that we have reason to believe they are probable or confirmed townies?
Harlan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2009 9:41:07 AM
At 6/12/2009 9:24:18 AM, JBlake wrote:
So let us recap.

Known townies:
theLwerd
Saintnick

Probably townies:
AnimeFanTony
Drumbum

Am I missing anyone that we have reason to believe they are probable or confirmed townies?

Why drumbum?
DrumBum1234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2009 12:45:21 PM
Alright Since we were able to get SaintNick back. I say whoever the doctor is that there first priority is to protect him. And If thelwerd has the same power then we need to make use of that today.
AnimeFanTony
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2009 1:46:40 PM
So who ever was targeted was protected which is good especially for me.
Ownership of this account has been transferred from JCMT to I-am-a-panda.
Updates of the next JCMT puppet account pending.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2009 1:53:04 PM
At 6/12/2009 12:50:51 PM, The_Booner wrote:
but we dont know if she does have the power. so whos willing to take the risk

Lwerd might know if she has the power.

Lwerd?
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
resolutionsmasher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2009 2:00:53 PM
Um.... hey guys.
Been gone from the computer for a while and it's been killing me.
I'm back and I see some interesting updates to the story.
Congrats nick on your revival.
I agree that the doctor should protect him for now. But our list of need to be protected preople is getting long. We've only got one doctor so let's prioritize that list.
In the relationship between Obama and the rest of the U.S..... I think the U.S. is getting the short end of the hockey stick.
KRFournier
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2009 4:01:49 PM
FYI, I will be gone this weekend on a river rafting weekend. I'll check back in Sunday evening. If it's anything like the previous day phase, I'm not too worried that a lynch will happen by then, but if by chance it does, it's not official until I confirm upon my return.

Happy sleuthing.
Clockwork
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2009 5:08:31 PM
I personally think that we should not progress until we know whether or not the LWerd and Nick have their abilities now that they are revived. Furthermore, considering his confirmed cop status, even if he cannot investigate anymore, he should probably reveal the reports that he had before he was killed.

If powers are kept after death the doctor should most likely protect SaintNick, as we seem to be pushing our luck with AFT rolling continuous revives.

I'm also interested as to whether or not the person who was shot at was notified as such; i.e. if the killers targeted AFT, if AFT himself is aware that someone tried to kill him.
Felonial Disenfranchisement: http://www.debate.org...
Poverty v. Environmental Protection: http://www.debate.org...
On God and Free Will: http://www.debate.org...
resolutionsmasher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2009 7:49:49 PM
At 6/12/2009 6:23:42 PM, The_Booner wrote:
could SaintNick dying make it so he is parenoid or nieve (exuse my spelling not good in that subject)

Please... let's not make this more complicated than it is. (remember usafkid's failed attempt at a PM game)
In the relationship between Obama and the rest of the U.S..... I think the U.S. is getting the short end of the hockey stick.
DrumBum1234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2009 10:48:45 AM
At 6/12/2009 5:08:31 PM, Clockwork wrote:

If powers are kept after death the doctor should most likely protect SaintNick, as we seem to be pushing our luck with AFT rolling continuous revives.

I wouldn't think that he would get the same roll twice in a row. I'm sure there is a reviver that might have taken care of that last revival.
Clockwork
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2009 11:12:36 AM
I seriously doubt that there would be two roles capable of reviving, but let's just ask AFT.

AFT, care to tell us how you rolled last night?
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2009 2:50:15 PM
There are a few explanations for why the mafia didn't kill anybody:

-The target was protected
-Somehow, they forfeited their kill

I believe that the first seems more likely.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
DrumBum1234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2009 3:59:41 PM
At 6/13/2009 11:12:36 AM, Clockwork wrote:
I seriously doubt that there would be two roles capable of reviving, but let's just ask AFT.

AFT, care to tell us how you rolled last night?

AFT claims that he is the Jack of All Trades. So I'm sure there is a role that is just plain reviver. And he could have taken care of SaintNick.
Clockwork
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2009 4:14:42 PM
DrumBum, I honestly can't see how you shooting in the dark could possibly be more useful to the town than a confirmed scenario by AFT. Seriously. There may or may not be a reviver, but I don't see what we can lose by asking AFT.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2009 5:02:12 PM
Ello Ello.

It IS very odd indeed that the mafia did not make a kill during the night. Additionally, SaintNick is revived... but I thought the Doctor revived me? This seems too good to be true, and thus I now suspect that SaintNick may have come back as a potential mafia member. Mayhaps the mafia has some sort of recruiting ability that allowed a townie to be revived; however, his role may have been changed up a bit (as mine was) and now he plays for their team...? Sort of like a crooked cop...? This may seem far-fetched, and I have no evidence to support it; however, I have no other explanation as to how this may have happened (or why the mafia forfeited a night kill -- they probably used another ability to somehow make this happening, hence my guess) and in my experiennce, KRF is known to play with roles in such a way.

For instance, my role of The Psychic is a role that he and I created together (it was more his idea than mine), so I wouldn't be surprised if he shook things up a bit by giving the mafia this opportunity. It's a shame that the Cop can't investigate SaintNick (heh). Additionally, I can no longer use my role as The Psychic to vote to lynch SaintNick last to see if he is still in fact a townie, as per KRF's decision.

Thus, we are in a pickle. The town/Doctor has to take a chance in deciding who to protect. On one hand, SaintNick may no longer be the Cop or even a townie, thus it might be dangerous for the Doctor to protect him. If the Doctor doesn't, he/she should protect another Innocent. I am the only other known Innocent, and it would be quite useful to protect me. However, apparently a Jack of All Trades has come forward (admittedly I haven't kept up enough with the game to determine the validity of this yet...), and in that case it would be quite useful to protect them too. If I remember correctly, though, several of the Jack's powers have already been used. Is that how Nick was revived?

Someone please submit their thoughts...
President of DDO
DrumBum1234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2009 5:59:13 PM
At 6/13/2009 4:14:42 PM, Clockwork wrote:
DrumBum, I honestly can't see how you shooting in the dark could possibly be more useful to the town than a confirmed scenario by AFT. Seriously. There may or may not be a reviver, but I don't see what we can lose by asking AFT.

Why are you getting so defensive? All I am saying is that there is probably a reviver that most likely took care of SaintNick last night. Because that would be very unlikely for AFT to get reviving power two nights in a row. And I doubt KRF would let that happen. Don't get your panties in a wad. I was just saying I doubt AFT got revive twice in a row.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2009 6:00:48 PM
Well, darn, no Lwerd power.

Still waiting on Blake to answer that question about Drumbum.
SportsGuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2009 6:07:20 PM
Considering the creative townies roles we have seen already, it is certainly possible the mafia has this power, but it begs the question as to why there was ever a mafia traitor in the game. While more creative, I think is not that much less likely than the explanation that the doctor and mafia targeted the same person (only 1/441 chance) and AFT/usafkid1121 rolled revive two nights in a row (only 1/8 chance) which according to my calculations (albeit not taking into account people's suspicions, just numbers) has a .0834% probability.

Question to the Lwerd: Is your inability to investigate SaintNick through lynching because your role no longer works on anyone, or is it from an individual decision from KRFournier himself?
JBlake
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2009 6:51:16 PM
Drumbum claimed a role that has yet to be claimed by anyone else. It may be that the real person with that role wishes to remain anonymous. That is why I place him on my probable list and not confirmed.
JBlake
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2009 6:52:24 PM
We really need to get some more discussion going soon. Otherwise we will end up with another auto-no lynch.

Where has Logic-Master been with his questioning?
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2009 7:16:01 PM
At 6/13/2009 6:53:01 PM, JBlake wrote:
At 6/13/2009 6:52:24 PM, JBlake wrote:

Where has Logic-Master been with his questioning?

*facepalm
LM was killed.

By the vigilante, who has proven to not be over-eager (unless he ended up attacking someone that was protected).
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light