Jump to topic:

How to stop wasting time

000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2012 6:11:53 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
How do you stop yourself from wasting hours on DDO staring at the forums when you know you're supposed to be getting work done? ...just how? Is it possible?
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Deathbeforedishonour
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2012 6:18:48 PM
At 2/18/2012 6:11:53 PM, 000ike wrote:
How do you stop yourself from wasting hours on DDO staring at the forums when you know you're supposed to be getting work done? ...just how? Is it possible?

relaxation and clearing of ones thoughts can give you a chance to control yourself lol. May I suggest weed or sex it actually clears the mind faster then anything else.
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." ~ John 1:1

Matthew 10:22- "And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved."
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2012 6:23:35 PM
At 2/18/2012 6:18:48 PM, Deathbeforedishonour wrote:

relaxation and clearing of ones thoughts can give you a chance to control yourself lol. May I suggest weed or sex it actually clears the mind faster then anything else.

Not really sure your advice is sound. Both of these activities increase my usage of DDO often during and after engaging in them.
Debate.org Moderator
Deathbeforedishonour
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2012 6:29:53 PM
At 2/18/2012 6:23:35 PM, airmax1227 wrote:

Not really sure your advice is sound. Both of these activities increase my usage of DDO often during and after engaging in them.

I helps me lol my girlfriend will not have sex with me until i get all my homework done lol
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." ~ John 1:1

Matthew 10:22- "And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved."
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2012 6:47:07 PM

O_o
kfc
Deathbeforedishonour
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2012 6:58:02 PM
At 2/18/2012 6:47:07 PM, Koopin wrote:

O_o

lol

phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2012 6:59:04 PM
Before doing my homework I like to put on some music, take off all my clothes, do 20 onehanded pushup, beat my chest with my fists and scream as loud as I possibly can, then rave around like a mad man until I feel faint, promptly afterwards I jump in a bath full of ice until my whole body is numb, I then move on to viciously plucking out my pubic hairs until I bleed, then I get a baseball bat and widely smash everything and everyone near me.

It helps. Trust me.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
Deathbeforedishonour
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2012 7:02:19 PM
At 2/18/2012 6:59:04 PM, phantom wrote:
Before doing my homework I like to put on some music, take off all my clothes, do 20 onehanded pushup, beat my chest with my fists and scream as loud as I possibly can, then rave around like a mad man until I feel faint, promptly afterwards I jump in a bath full of ice until my whole body is numb, I then move on to viciously plucking out my pubic hairs until I bleed, then I get a baseball bat and widely smash everything and everyone near me.

It helps. Trust me.

hahaha umm... getting laid is way better.. ;P

Deathbeforedishonour
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2012 7:04:43 PM

It helps. Trust me.
sigged :)

phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2012 7:13:28 PM
At 2/18/2012 7:02:19 PM, Deathbeforedishonour wrote:

It helps. Trust me.

hahaha umm... getting laid is way better.. ;P

Wait, I forgot to add the part about shagging the sheep
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2012 7:21:08 PM
At 2/18/2012 6:29:53 PM, Deathbeforedishonour wrote:

I helps me lol my girlfriend will not have sex with me until i get all my homework done lol

Lolz
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2012 8:29:40 PM
Tough one... I would probably turn of the PC if you don't need it and do your homework somewhere besides your computer desk.

Just cause I thought it was funny:

http://www.quickmeme.com...
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
gerrandesquire
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2012 10:41:06 AM

That little cross at the right corner, cringe your eyes and hit it. Then stare at your desktop and think of the work you ought to do. Your teacher, your exams. And try to move away. Helps me.

Sometimes.