#5. Harlan
#6. The_Booner
#7. Ragnar_Rahl
#8. wjmelements
#9. ournamestoolong
#10. AnimeFanTony
#11. crackofdawn_Jr
#12. Johnicle
#13. SportsGuru (persuaded by Politician)
#14. Im_always_right
#15. theitalianstallion
#16. I-am-a-Panda
#17. Zeratul
#18. DrumBum1234
#19. SaintNick

Deceased

#1. usafkid1121 (townie), Turncoat (Becomes mafia if targeted for a mafia kill at night.) - killed by Vigilante on Night Phase #1.

#2. Logical-Master (townie), Mason Recruiter (Can recruit a new mason during each night phase without knowing if recruit is mafia or innocent) - killed by Vigilante on Night Phase #2.

#3. DeadLeaves93 (townie), Mason (Can communicate privately with other masons) - killed by mafia on Night Phase #2.

#4. Clockwork (mafia) - killed by Vigilante on Night Phase #4.

#5. theLwerd (townie), Vigilante (Can kill one player each night) - killed by mafia on Night Phase #4.

Story

Havenwood Herald
June 18, 2009

VIGILANTE SUCCEEDS WHERE POLICE FAIL, BUT AT A PRICE

Police discovered two dead bodies last night near the downtown plaza. The first body was identified as the recently deceased and miraculously revived theLwerd. The other body was that of Clockwork. According to police investigators, the evidence shows that Clockwork was gunned down by the former psychic who was unable to flee before being hit with a single fatal shot to the head. "If I had to guess," said Chief Investigator Gordon Skinner, "she thought Clockwork was alone. While she was quick enough to dispatch her target, someone else got the jump on her."

The silver lining to this story is the discovery that Clockwork was an active member of a local mafia. District Attorney Helen Brown comments, "I want to say for the record that the Havenwood justice system does not condone vigilantism. The tragic fate of theLwerd shows how dangerous taking the law into your own hands can be. That being said, evidence taken at the scene and from Clockwork's apartment confirms my ongoing suspicions. Havenwood does indeed have a mafia."

So there you have it. Havenwood houses its very own crime syndicate. Law enforcement is compelled to remind the citizens of Havenwood the dangers of taking matters into your own hands. We can only hope that in due time these criminals will face justice and free Havenwood from its grip of violence once and for all.

Day Phase #5 Begins

1. The Politician forced SportsGuru to vote for himself.
2. The day phase will expire on Tuesday at 10:00pm PDT.

Initial Vote Count

SportsGuru (SportsGuru) - 1/10 votes
KRFournier
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2009 10:05:08 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
A note about the Vigilante:

There has always been exactly one Vigilante. For reasons I won't disclose, I needed to reassign the Vigilante role and theLwerd's revival was a good opportunity to do so.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2009 10:09:32 PM
I checked out Harlan, he has a gun. I'll let him comment on that, and the other open roles tell us anything else, before tossing any votes to continue our work with Sportsguru.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Harlan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2009 10:18:07 PM
I find it very difficult to see how my role could possibly have a gun, Ragnar. I have no killing abilities whatsoever, and the name of my role is not suggestive of a character who would possess a gun.

This means that:

1. KRF has some strange reason for saying that my role has a gun. If the connection between my role and owning a gun is so indiscernible, than Ragnar's alleged role is essentially useless.

OR

2. Ragnar is lying to us.

OR

3. Ragnar is a "paranoid" role.

OR

4. I have an ability I'm not aware of.

In any case, I can reveal my role if the town wishes me to do so. It would not have any severe consequences. That being said, in this particular game it would seem that roleclaims don't mean as much, given the large quantity of made-up roles.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2009 10:46:55 PM
I'd sure be interested in knowing. But it is the result I got.

Keep in mind the "Bumbling" descriptor that I shared with you earlier. "Bumbling" could unfortunately imply I have random innaccuracies hidden from me. Would make sense. So far mod seems to have quite the liking for random numbers 1-4.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Clockwork
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2009 7:30:28 AM
My fellow mafioso will avenge me soon enough. *evil cackle*

At the very least, we should have a better idea of who the vigilante is, although my suspicions obviously cannot be voiced anymore.

I'll be waiting. (At this time Clockwork's ghost vanishes in a puff of smoke)
Felonial Disenfranchisement: http://www.debate.org...
Poverty v. Environmental Protection: http://www.debate.org...
On God and Free Will: http://www.debate.org...
JBlake
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2009 7:51:04 AM
At 6/19/2009 7:30:28 AM, Clockwork wrote:

At the very least, we should have a better idea of who the vigilante is, although my suspicions obviously cannot be voiced anymore.

...theLwerd?...
dvhoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2009 8:06:18 AM
Hey Everybody, I'm gonna be gone from Sunday until the 4th of July to a debate camp. I should have internet access (they told me to bring an ethernet cable...) but that said I'll be in labs all day. So I might pop in a couple times to see what's up, but don't expect a lot of posting from me.
JBlake
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2009 9:04:48 AM
At 6/19/2009 7:51:09 AM, wjmelements wrote:
Clockwork had voted for SG...

Mafia members have voted for each other in just about every other game thus far. It is not proof that he is not mafia.

So far R&R has targeted Harlan and Sportsguru, who both turned out to have guns. There was speculation that R&R might be paranoid, but I am fairly certain that KRFournier said he would not be including 'paranoid' type roles.

So we need to hear from Sportguru as to why he had a gun. We also need to have Harlan reveal his role.
Harlan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2009 11:06:57 AM
I am the "hero of the people." If I am lynched, then the townies lose a day phase. If I am killed by the mafia, however, a night phase is skipped.

I was debating whether or not to release the second part of my role, but I thought it was best to be fully honest. Anyways, a skipped night phase, contrary to KRF's reasoning, isn't that much of an advantage for the town, because the town also has night phase abilities. My role is basically a more complicated version of the princess.

I have confirmed via PM that my role does not have a gun.
Harlan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2009 11:08:36 AM
So, either Ragnar has a role that produces inaccurate results (which would make it useless) or he is lying about his role.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2009 12:09:05 PM
I'm definitely not fully paranoid, I had one negative result, which I outlined when I first stated my role. If what Harlan is saying is true, it's gotta be the Random Number God striking in some way I wasn't told about.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2009 12:21:13 PM
1) Clockwork, I suspected you from the beginning. When KRF switched my role to that of the Vigilante, I got to act on that. I'm glad I was right. Town, you're welcome.

2) The mafia is a bunch of pansys : )

3) This should be a very short day phase; the town should just continue to do what they had planned to do in the last day phase, and hopefully we won't be a vote short.

4) I wonder what the Cop found out...? Doctor, keep protecting the Cop.

5) I'm dead, so I won't suggest who I think should be investigated next, nor will I comment on RR/Harlan's dilemma. Hmm. Good luck, townies : )
President of DDO
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2009 12:54:38 PM
At 6/19/2009 11:06:57 AM, Harlan wrote:
I am the "hero of the people." If I am lynched, then the townies lose a day phase. If I am killed by the mafia, however, a night phase is skipped.

So, you're a beloved princess?
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
SportsGuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2009 8:40:20 PM
Ok, wow town. I go to Denton for few days and end up 1 vote away from being lynched. I guess down to business:

Yes, my role does have a gun, so Ragner either guessed right for me, or Harlan is lying. I am not really sure which way I side at the moment.

Since most will probably want a role reveal, and I will not be here long, I am

THE SEASONED HUNTER

Basically, I have protection from the vigilante. If the vigilante had attacked me, said vigilante would have died. However, apparently my hunting skills do not protect me from the mafia. My role did not say anything about the Jack of All Trades or whatever name you want to give to the role that AnimeFanToy is claiming.

To SaintNick: Lack of posting is concerning because of the possibility of lurking. Since I had already shown that I would not be online, lurking is not possible, and thus our situations our not equitable. I am sorry you were lynched, but believe me I do not like missing the game.

Reminder to everyone: I will be leaving for New Braunsfels Sunday, so if you have questions ask them quickly.
SaintNick
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2009 9:13:34 PM
NO MORE ROLE REVELATION!!!

Why is everyone blabbing about their roles? Unless you come close to being lynched, nobody should be saying what role they have. That only makes it easier for the mafia to target the people who will be the most beneficial for them to kill.

Last night, I investigated someone who turned out to be a townie. For reasons I will not disclose at this time, I'll refrain from posting who that person is (unless he comes close to being lynched).

I haven't investigated SportsGuru but I have a feeling he is telling the truth about his role. I also think the town needs to get the ball rolling like JBlake mentioned, so I'm going to have to go ahead and vote to lynch wjmelements. He might ask "why" but I think a more important question here is "why not?" Think about it.

We have a list of probably innocents + the one person I have not disclosed yet (that person is not wjmelements). The town has only killed one mafioso and that was thanks to Lwerd, but there must be more active mafia besides just Clockwork. Plus they seemed to be in cahoots while voting sometimes. I admit that this vote is based in large part on a gut hunch, but I think it makes sense to highly suspect this player. His coercive posting is also sketchy. One only has to look back on the day phases where I was lynched and where SG was almost lynched to see who was trying to sway whom, etc.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2009 9:23:45 PM
That seems kind of random for a kill we won't learn anything to connect to other players from the results of.
SportsGuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2009 10:59:17 PM
At 6/19/2009 11:06:57 AM, Harlan wrote:

I was debating whether or not to release the second part of my role, but I thought it was best to be fully honest. Anyways, a skipped night phase, contrary to KRF's reasoning, isn't that much of an advantage for the town, because the town also has night phase abilities. My role is basically a more complicated version of the princess.

I have confirmed via PM that my role does not have a gun.

As of right now Harlan, I find this to be pretty believable, but I do have one question. Back in I believe Day 2, usafkid1121 stated that if he had the chance he had chosen to protect you. Multiple times you rebuked the protection and urged him to protect someone else. Considering the role you claimed, why? The lack of reason for this is the only big question I see at this point with your role-claim.
Harlan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2009 7:34:24 AM
As of right now Harlan, I find this to be pretty believable, but I do have one question. Back in I believe Day 2, usafkid1121 stated that if he had the chance he had chosen to protect you. Multiple times you rebuked the protection and urged him to protect someone else. Considering the role you claimed, why? The lack of reason for this is the only big question I see at this point with your role-claim.

The way my role is set up is such that, supposedly, the mafia is meant to be disadvantaged if they kill me, and the town is disadvantaged if the town kill me. If the mafia kill me then the night phase is cancelled, which allows the town to lynch two people in a row.

It's not a huge advantage but it's enough that I would want AFT to protect someone else besides me.
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2009 8:33:19 AM
At 6/19/2009 9:13:34 PM, SaintNick wrote:
but there must be more active mafia besides just Clockwork. Plus they seemed to be in cahoots while voting sometimes.

Oh, really?
At 6/15/2009 11:53:59 AM, wjmelements wrote:
At 6/15/2009 9:32:52 AM, JBlake wrote:
wjmelements,

At this point:

If you were the vigilante, who are three people that you would kill?

Clockwork, you, and Ragnar. I haven't really suspected anyone else.

Let's not go off killing random people. If anyone wishes me to reveal my role, I will, but only if I have to. It would not be beneficial to Havenwood for the Mafia to know who I am.
SaintNick
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2009 11:48:04 AM
Wjmelements, that was an awful attempt at constructing any type of defense, so now I more than ever support lynching you and implore my fellow townies to do the same. My reasoning isn't "random" and actually makes a lot of sense (see previous post). As the number of active players dwindles down, it's only a matter of time before we have to start making random lynches. Given my points against you, it only makes sense at this juncture to suspect you.

Town, DO NOT REVEAL YOUR ROLES!!! If and only if you come extremely close to being lynched, you should NOT tell us what role you have, even if you are a townie! The ONLY person who should reveal their role at this particular point in the game is the DOCTOR.

My reason for this suggestion is because most of the primary town positions have already been killed off or found out, including myself, the cop. My role could be of great advantage to the town but ONLY if the doctor keeps protecting me.

Once the mafia finds out who the doctor is, it's only a matter of time (two night phases, to be exact) before I die and we lose this ability to investigate people. Like I said, I have discovered an additional innocent, but I will only reveal that person after the doctor has been killed (because then I will presumably be the next one to be killed off). Thus if you are not the doctor, and do not hold a role of SIGNIFICANT advantage to the town (i.e. the politician doesn't count and the bumbling gun salesman certainly wouldn't qualify) then take one for the team and let yourself be lynched.
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2009 1:12:10 PM
You've got to be kidding me.

You admit that this is all based on a hunch. Present your evidence. I'll happily make a trial out of this.

I was initially against the lynching of SG in favor of Ragnar. What is so suspicious about that?

(Day 4)
Clockwork's telling the doctor not to protect SaintNick is highly suspicious. There's a lead.
I was the first and only person to publicly suspect clockwork. I don't see what evidence you have against me.
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2009 2:44:25 PM
At 6/20/2009 2:42:22 PM, Clockwork wrote:
*Pokes in with an evil grin*

You're dead. Go away.