Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2009 11:36:08 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
Game Changes

1. DeadLeaves93 replaced inactive player mrbullfrog11
2. Logical-Master replaced inactive player Im_always_right
3. theLwerd replaced inactive player Zeratul
4. The above players have been removed from the deceased list; they can no longer be revived in their original roles.

Alive

#1. dvhoose
#2. resolutionsmasher
#3. DeadLeaves93 (replaced mrbullfrog11)
#4. Harlan
#5. The_Booner (persuaded by Politician)
#6. Ragnar_Rahl
#7. ournamestoolong
#8. AnimeFanTony
#9. crackofdawn_Jr
#10. Johnicle
#11. SportsGuru
#12. Logical-Master (replaced Im_always_right)
#13. theitalianstallion
#14. I-am-a-Panda
#15. theLwerd (replaced Zeratul)
#16. DrumBum1234
#17. SaintNick

Deceased

#1. usafkid1121 (townie), Turncoat (Becomes mafia if targeted for a mafia kill at night.) - killed by Vigilante on Night Phase 1.

#2. Clockwork (mafia) - killed by Vigilante on Night Phase 4.

#3. wjmelements (townie), Mason (Can communicate privately with other masons) - killed by Moderator on Day Phase 5 for violating rule 5: no copying and pasting private conversions with moderator.

#4. JBlake (townie), Nightwatch (Can follow a player during each night phase and be told who that person targeted) - killed by mafia on Night Phase 5.

Story

Havenwood Herald
June 25, 2009

VOLUNTEER NIGHTWATCH SUCCUMBS TO OCCUPATIONAL HAZARD

JBlake may be relatively unknown to many, but that was alright with him. "He was an incredible asset," says Patty Suthers, founder and chairmen of the Safer Haven citizen night watch program. "His lack of conspicuousness would have enabled him to gather evidence against the scum of our fine city." JBlake often patrolled the dark streets of Havenwood at night, following suspicious activity wherever it might take him.

"He may have been good at tailing people," says Chief Investigator Gordon Skinner, "but apparently he wasn't very proficient at watching his own back." Police responded to an anonymous phone call that led to his body in dumpster between Pete's Liquor and Bob's Auto Shop. "A single bullet to the center of his heart left him with no chance of survival. His killer knew exactly what he was doing."

"JBlake was a brave soul," laments Mrs. Suthers, "but his death only strengthens our resolve. We are determined to rid our fair city of this ugly blemish." As for us at the Herald, we hope JBlake's demise serves as a reminder of the dangers involved with taking matters into your own hands.

Day Phase #6 Begins

1. The Politician forced The_Booner to vote for himself.
2. The day phase will expire on Tuesday at 10:00pm PDT.

Initial Vote Count

The_Booner (The_Booner) - 1/9 votes
resolutionsmasher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2009 6:06:20 AM
interesting developments.
In the relationship between Obama and the rest of the U.S..... I think the U.S. is getting the short end of the hockey stick.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2009 8:56:28 AM
Looks like could be worse, without many mafia roles that's not a very useful role we just lost.

Checked out dvhoose, I see no gun.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
KRFournier
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2009 11:16:16 AM
I made it five days back when people thought seven days was overkill. Of course, with summer vacations, five days might be a little short. I'll play it by ear. If there is enough support I'll extend it. Let's see how far we get with more active players by next Tuesday.
JBlake
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2009 11:20:22 AM
I'm in favor of seven days. Though my support doesn't matter since I am dead. If someone else turns out to be utterly inactive, though...
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2009 11:23:22 AM
I'm back!

It seems as if we have to re-start the entire game since there's nothing new to report. Every lead we had led to dead players (townies) so...

Any thoughts?
President of DDO
DeadLeaves93
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2009 12:34:21 PM
I'm glad to be back and alive again...but I havn't been paying any attention to the game since I died, so I need to read over the last few phase a little :\
"At last, my arm is complete again!"
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2009 4:39:17 PM
At 6/26/2009 11:20:22 AM, JBlake wrote:
I'm in favor of seven days. Though my support doesn't matter since I am dead. If someone else turns out to be utterly inactive, though...

crackofdawn_Jr is inactive...
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2009 8:16:32 PM
Not been on in a week? To heck with that.

Crackofdawn_jr, as I'm betting KR had a limited stock of replacements.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2009 10:57:00 PM
Actually I know Vi_Veri wants to play, so maybe she'll replace another Inactive. Who knows. Anyway, Deadleaves, you didn't miss much. Any "developments" or leads only led to the deaths of the few active players. We're basically starting from scratch, like I said... so... does anyone have any new thoughts?
President of DDO
Logical-Master
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2009 12:06:21 PM
Yes, I have some thoughts. Unfortunately, I won't get to express them until SaintNick gets online.

There is also something else which I believe I've caught on to, but that will have to wait until the following phase.

In the mean time, I suggest we consider what exactly we're going to do to actually progress in this game. I really don't wanna lynch an inactive just because he/she is inactive, but fear that this is exactly what we're going to end up having to do if the game continues at it has as of recent. By all means, I would like others to offer their thoughts on this idea.

Also, why hasn't crackofdawn been replaced in spite of not having been on for more than a week?
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2009 12:09:29 PM
I'm back as well. I had some suspicions leaving, so I'll wait for any developments.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Logical-Master
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2009 12:10:32 PM
At 6/27/2009 12:09:29 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
I'm back as well. I had some suspicions leaving, so I'll wait for any developments.

Back from where?
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2009 12:14:54 PM
At 6/27/2009 12:10:32 PM, Logical-Master wrote:
At 6/27/2009 12:09:29 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:

Back from where?

From your Moth-.....*sigh* Back from Florida.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
AnimeFanTony
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2009 7:24:39 PM
Guys I have proof that SportsGuru is mafia. We have to go for him! I believe RR might either be mafia or Bumbling Gun Salesman since he said he knew that SportsGuru was mafia. It kinda sucks knowing that we were one vote away from killing a mafia but the past can't be changed i suppose.
VOTE TO LYNCH SPORTSGURU
Ownership of this account has been transferred from JCMT to I-am-a-panda.
Updates of the next JCMT puppet account pending.
Harlan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2009 12:42:34 AM
He said that he got the result that sportsguru has a gun. Gun ownership may or may not indicate sportsguru being guilty. Addiotionally, Ragnar_rahl said that his role showed that I have a gun, when in fact I do not, which leads me to believe that he is either lying or his role is sometimes inaccurate. Either way, his results are pretty useless.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2009 9:43:20 AM
Unvote Crackofdawn

Vote Sportsguru

Whether my results are useful will probably show itself later on as we start to tally up accurate and inaccurate and get some kind of probability count.
DrumBum1234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2009 5:15:28 AM
Wow. Its good to have everybody back. If R_R's claim is correct good. But if it is not off with your head. jk but we'll see. VOTE LYNCH SPORTSGURU

Oh and just throwing this out there just because people were revived to replace inactives doesn't mean that they are all townies. Some can be mafia too. Just throwing that out there.
KRFournier
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2009 10:34:04 AM
Vote Count

The_Booner (The_Booner) – 1/9 votes
SportsGuru (AnimeFanTony, Logical-Master, theLwerd, Ragnar_Rahl, Harlan, DeadLeaves93, I-am-a-panda, DrumBum1234) - 8/9 votes
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2009 2:58:39 PM
Well, unless them folks wanna defend themselves, methinks perhaps we pick a random one of em and go after, once Sportsguru is gone.

Booner praps? Since some townie is apparently suspicious of him :)
Harlan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2009 9:40:21 PM
Let's wait and see the results of sportsguru's death before we jump to any conclusions about the people not voting for him.

@ AFT: When you said you had proof of sportsguru's guiltiness, you were referring to your investigative ability (as the jack of all trades), correct? I just want to clarify, because you were rather vague.