Jump to topic:

LOL Bandz What value for a wristband for kids

lolbandz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2012 7:31:31 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I was at my local 7 Eleven today and saw these bandz that my son and daughter who are 6 and 8 fell in love with. As normal kids would say daddy I want these, so I looked at the actual bandz in the packages and then I looked at the price $4.99 per band. So I said to my kids as I was reading the packaging these bandz actually have meaning behind them for the value. They were expression face bandz that each band had a different mood! I was like wow you guys like these because you relate to the expression on the band. The psychological thinking that went behind these bandz were genius. My kids said yeah dad we can wear them when we are in a certain mood or have a feeling we can express. So I said its a done deal get one each of your favorite expression. Yes you can collect all the 12 expression they had to offer but I wanted my kids to sink into the meaning of one wristband and one purchase off the start. I have to say these LOL Bandz caught my attention first by the way the packaging and the product looked. Second because they were right at the cash register. Half the box was sold so I guess other kids are taking to this new product. I always go to 7 Elevens with my kids and they always want candy but this is the first time they actually got something I felt I didn't waste my money on. They can wear these bandz and express themselves at the same time. What value for a fun fashionable band that actually holds a psychological meaning behind them.. I also felt after they put them on as we got into the car we probably will communicate better when they are in that mood that they are wearing... I haven't seen my kids this excited in a long time. I know the Silly Bandz were a great hit as in money but these bandz look like they will be around a long time. We all relate to expression faces and what better way to express ourselves than by wearing it. I wish the company the best of luck. My kids are huge fans and little did they know their classmates already have them on too! Great product and affordable pricing! Like any products on the market this was the first time I ever saw something like this. I was even thinking of buying one for myself but I wanted to keep the focus on my kids!
Thanks,
Mr Barbosky
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2012 7:35:28 PM
Sounds like the new version of 'mood rings', first popular in the 70's. The color is effected by body temperature.
Debate.org Moderator
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2012 7:39:04 PM
At 3/10/2012 7:35:28 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
Sounds like the new version of 'mood rings', first popular in the 70's. The color is effected by body temperature.

Apparently I misunderstood... I thought they changed colors when you meant there were dif. styles... I'll never understand why certain products attract kids.. even when I was a kid I hardly understood the popular fads..
Debate.org Moderator
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2012 3:02:27 AM
i heard that lolbands have really high copper content and so can cause skin rashes

8/

Granted, this was said by a friend of mine who was quite annoyed with the Bullsh*t spam in this thread... so I don't know if the claims he made are accurate and am in no way claiming such things as Truth myself... Either way though.. Lolbands clearly suck.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2012 5:25:13 AM
At 3/11/2012 5:21:49 AM, brian_eggleston wrote:
A few years ago I got one of those anti-bullying campaign bands. I didn't buy it, I took it off some weedy kid.

>:D
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...