Total Posts:17|Showing Posts:1-17
Jump to topic:

Apple Now World's Largest Company

1dustpelt
Posts: 1,970
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2012 2:03:15 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/13/2012 3:58:49 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
http://conservativepolitico.blogspot.com...

( Microsoft is better.
Wall of LOL
"Infanticide is justified as long as the infants are below two" ~ RoyalPaladin
"Promoting female superiority is the only way to establish equality." ~ RoyalPaladin
"Jury trials should be banned. They're nothing more than opportunities for racists to destroy lives." ~ RoyalPaladin after the Zimmerman Trial.
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2012 2:09:58 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/14/2012 2:03:15 PM, 1dustpelt wrote:
At 3/13/2012 3:58:49 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
http://conservativepolitico.blogspot.com...

( Microsoft is better.

no
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
1dustpelt
Posts: 1,970
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2012 2:29:30 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/14/2012 2:09:58 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 3/14/2012 2:03:15 PM, 1dustpelt wrote:
At 3/13/2012 3:58:49 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
http://conservativepolitico.blogspot.com...

( Microsoft is better.

no

These are the Apple commercials.

"Apple computers don't get virusses"
Yes they do.

"Apple computers don't crash"
Actually they crash more than Windows 7.

"Macs are more compatible"
No they're not, they aren't even compatible with most software

"Apple computers have iMovies, iTunes"
So? You can edit movies with so many free movie editors on Windows. And iTunes is avalible to Windows.

"Apple computers are better entertainment"
No they're not, you can watch movies on Windows too. Besides, Mac can't even play most games.

Mac sucks.
Wall of LOL
"Infanticide is justified as long as the infants are below two" ~ RoyalPaladin
"Promoting female superiority is the only way to establish equality." ~ RoyalPaladin
"Jury trials should be banned. They're nothing more than opportunities for racists to destroy lives." ~ RoyalPaladin after the Zimmerman Trial.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Posts: 6,958
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2012 2:33:38 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Mac sucks.:

I wouldn't go so far to say it sucks, but I can't stand an Apple Snob's superiority complex.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2012 2:36:57 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/14/2012 2:29:30 PM, 1dustpelt wrote:
At 3/14/2012 2:09:58 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 3/14/2012 2:03:15 PM, 1dustpelt wrote:
At 3/13/2012 3:58:49 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
http://conservativepolitico.blogspot.com...

( Microsoft is better.

no

These are the Apple commercials.

"Apple computers don't get virusses"
Yes they do.

less likely


"Apple computers don't crash"
Actually they crash more than Windows 7.

Mine never crashes


"Macs are more compatible"
No they're not, they aren't even compatible with most software

They have windows plug ins so they work with mac software and windows software.


"Apple computers have iMovies, iTunes"
So? You can edit movies with so many free movie editors on Windows. And iTunes is avalible to Windows.

Agreed.


"Apple computers are better entertainment"
No they're not, you can watch movies on Windows too. Besides, Mac can't even play most games.

Better graphics, windows is converting its games over too,


Mac sucks.

fail
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2012 2:38:14 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Are you sure you don't mean Walmart?
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2012 2:42:37 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/14/2012 2:38:14 PM, 000ike wrote:
Are you sure you don't mean Walmart?

lol
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2012 8:14:03 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/14/2012 2:33:38 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
Mac sucks.:

I wouldn't go so far to say it sucks, but I can't stand an Apple Snob's superiority complex.

THIS!!!!!

It was funny once, my uncle actually went out of his way NOT to get anything Apple, saved several hundred dollars, and had a much better working phone, computer, and laptop.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Utopian
Posts: 48
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2012 3:00:41 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/14/2012 2:29:30 PM, 1dustpelt wrote:
At 3/14/2012 2:09:58 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 3/14/2012 2:03:15 PM, 1dustpelt wrote:
At 3/13/2012 3:58:49 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
http://conservativepolitico.blogspot.com...

( Microsoft is better.

no

These are the Apple commercials.

"Apple computers don't get virusses"
Yes they do.

No, there has not been a single virus on a Mac.
There is a diference between a virus and malware.
Plus, there are FAR fewer Malware attacks on Macs than on Windows.
And, no one claimed it was impossible for Macs to get viruses- just that there are none.

"Apple computers don't crash"
Actually they crash more than Windows 7.

Actually, they do not.
The major cause of crashes in OSX is Flash.


"Macs are more compatible"
No they're not, they aren't even compatible with most software

Again, false. All Windows programs run on Macs thanks to VM Ware and Parallels, yet no Mac software run on Windows.

"Apple computers have iMovies, iTunes"
So? You can edit movies with so many free movie editors on Windows. And iTunes is avalible to Windows.

I have never heard Apple use that as a selling point, since Apple provides those programs for Windows.

"Apple computers are better entertainment"
No they're not, you can watch movies on Windows too. Besides, Mac can't even play most games.

For now, that is true- most game developers did not port to Windows. But the Unreal engine has now been ported to Mac, and Unity is already on Mac, and other game engines will follow soon. When it reaches the point that all a game developer has to do is recompile to expand their market, you can bet they will.

Mac sucks.

Ignorance sucks.
Try avoiding it.
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,215
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2012 3:28:29 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
A silly apology for Macs.

You could say a motor cycle breaks down less often than an automobile, but that means nothing if you want to drive in the rain without getting wet(or use flash apps)

Who cares if it gets less viruses if you can't use it like you want to? That has always been the main problem for Mac, you find out much later that you are limited in what you can do with it relative to a PC.

One contention:
Apple's consumer models of Mac tend to lean towards the stylish and compact, taking up little desk space, and with idiot-proof connectivity. However, this design angle is inevitably to the detriment of internal user upgradability or expansion.
This is in stark contrast to the way things tend to be done in the rest of the PC world...

Another:
There may be tens of thousands of Mac applications, but there are gaps, particularly in specialist areas where Windows is the platform of choice.

On viruses:
when anyone says Macs are immune to malware, they're wrong. What they really should say is that they're immune to Windows malware, of which there are many many many variants, compared to just a tiny few OS X variants.

The result is that there are many Windows based computers around the world infected with malware, whereas infections of Macs are rare, and often sensationally reported due to the novelty of such. The Mac's obscurity is its security. Windows is the much more common platform, so obviously, malware writers will concentrate most of their efforts there. Plus, having a denser population to infect, malware will have a much easier time spreading.

Macs should not claim to be a superior tool for mostcomputer users.
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2012 3:47:37 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/17/2012 3:28:29 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
A silly apology for Macs.

You could say a motor cycle breaks down less often than an automobile, but that means nothing if you want to drive in the rain without getting wet(or use flash apps)

Who cares if it gets less viruses if you can't use it like you want to? That has always been the main problem for Mac, you find out much later that you are limited in what you can do with it relative to a PC.

One contention:
Apple's consumer models of Mac tend to lean towards the stylish and compact, taking up little desk space, and with idiot-proof connectivity. However, this design angle is inevitably to the detriment of internal user upgradability or expansion.
This is in stark contrast to the way things tend to be done in the rest of the PC world...

Another:
There may be tens of thousands of Mac applications, but there are gaps, particularly in specialist areas where Windows is the platform of choice.

On viruses:
when anyone says Macs are immune to malware, they're wrong. What they really should say is that they're immune to Windows malware, of which there are many many many variants, compared to just a tiny few OS X variants.

The result is that there are many Windows based computers around the world infected with malware, whereas infections of Macs are rare, and often sensationally reported due to the novelty of such. The Mac's obscurity is its security. Windows is the much more common platform, so obviously, malware writers will concentrate most of their efforts there. Plus, having a denser population to infect, malware will have a much easier time spreading.

Macs should not claim to be a superior tool for mostcomputer users.
There are no bigger limitations on a Mac PC as compared to a Windows. The fact is, the Mac OS is simpler overall and has far less issues than Windows because you don't have to mess things up to get anything done. The average user doesn't know how to take care of his computer properly, and Windows let's him mess it up easier.

Moreover, Apple let's you install Windows on a Mac computer. It runs better than on any normal PC I've ever seen.
RoyLatham
Posts: 4,488
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2012 12:49:54 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
I think the interesting thing is that Apple has much higher profit margins than oil companies, actually much much much higher, and Apple is taxed at about 25% while oil companies are taxed at around 40%. Apple is larger than Exxo and has way more market control. Yet Apple is immune from criticism for profiteering or for not being taxed enough. How do they keep the exemption?
ConservativePolitico
Posts: 8,210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2012 11:00:33 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/21/2012 12:49:54 AM, RoyLatham wrote:
I think the interesting thing is that Apple has much higher profit margins than oil companies, actually much much much higher, and Apple is taxed at about 25% while oil companies are taxed at around 40%. Apple is larger than Exxo and has way more market control. Yet Apple is immune from criticism for profiteering or for not being taxed enough. How do they keep the exemption?

+1

because oil is evil remember?