Total Posts:18|Showing Posts:1-18
Jump to topic:

Ex-atheist. And the atheist Bible.

Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2009 7:40:01 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
Oh wow, some guy named Kirk Cameron never bothered to look into his own beliefs like most people suggest, atheist or otherwise, and found out he didn't agree with it.

I'm so Christian now.
Kleptin
Posts: 5,095
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2009 7:53:07 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
Find the fallacy:

Kirk Cameron was never an atheist. If he was, then he would have never converted back to Christianity.
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
wjmelements
Posts: 8,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2009 7:55:28 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
It seems made up for commercial reasons... There is no way to know for sure though.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
GodSands
Posts: 2,843
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2009 8:00:50 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
: At 7/1/2009 7:53:07 PM, Kleptin wrote:
Find the fallacy:

Kirk Cameron was never an atheist. If he was, then he would have never converted back to Christianity.


He wasn't a Christian before he was a atheist. And yes he was an atheist, he has just relised the truth. Through is own experience with Christ, he was changes, he has turned his back on atheism for ever.
Kleptin
Posts: 5,095
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2009 8:01:53 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
If he really was an atheist, then why is he now a Christian? It doesn't make sense. If he were an actual atheist, he wouldn't convert to Christianity at all.
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2009 8:04:21 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
If he were an actual atheist, he would have learned about his belief beforehand, just as any Christian should.

There is a difference between committed atheists, and people who just say they are.
Kleptin
Posts: 5,095
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2009 9:43:06 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
Shhh, quiet. Let GodSands answer :P
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
TheSkeptic
Posts: 1,362
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2009 12:09:13 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
A mediocre actor at best. A pathetic debater. And an inept intellectual, if you can even tie that word with his name in the same sentence.

From the things he said, I can't even take him seriously.

And yes, the bottom video is a followup as a refutation, because I just know Godsands will be using this banana argument.
GodSands
Posts: 2,843
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2009 4:20:35 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
: At 7/1/2009 8:01:53 PM, Kleptin wrote:
If he really was an atheist, then why is he now a Christian? It doesn't make sense. If he were an actual atheist, he wouldn't convert to Christianity at all.

Atheism is like a disease, many are born with it, and only when you get to a certain age does the effects of the disease take place. The cure is Jesus Christ, but the cure is painful, since is dismilishes everything about you. It strips you from your sin which you like, you become naked, for this disease was all you knew. Kirk became a Christian by trusting in Jesus. To make it all worth while by trusting in Jesus it would not be a waste but a gain.

This is why atheists struggle to understand what Jesus is all about, since is strips who you are to the skin, through that you feel ashamed. However, Jesus gives you the cloths and the promise of eternal life.
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2009 7:36:37 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
Lol at the banana bit. They forgot the part that Monkeys love bananas. And, if it fits a human hand, it fits a monkeys hand. Proof we may have been descended from ape like creatures.

Besides, I'd like to know what him and Kirk are doing studying the texture of how Bananas fit in certain places.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Rezzealaux
Posts: 2,251
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2009 9:25:49 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 7/2/2009 4:20:35 AM, GodSands wrote:
[...] However, Jesus gives you the cloths and the promise of eternal life.

Now why would I want any of that?
: If you weren't new here, you'd know not to feed me such attention. This is like an orgasm in my brain right now. *hehe, my name is in a title, hehe* (http://www.debate.org...)

Just in case I get into some BS with FREEDO again about how he's NOT a narcissist.

"The law is there to destroy evil under the constitutional government."
So... what's there to destroy evil inside of and above the constitutional government?
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2009 11:17:39 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 7/2/2009 4:20:35 AM, GodSands wrote:
Atheism is like a disease, many are born with it,

That is a stupid notion. No one is "born" with a belief - they only learn beliefs later on based on their experience, their parenting and other factors. To say it is a "disease" and that people are "born with it" is equating atheism with a mental disorder, of which there is no proof of.

As well, this is a silly point for you to make. If God existed, then the default belief would be theism - not atheism, no matter who you are. You shouldn't contradict yourself.

and only when you get to a certain age does the effects of the disease take place.

Again, atheism is not a mental disorder on par with schizophrenia.

Kirk became a Christian by trusting in Jesus. To make it all worth while by trusting in Jesus it would not be a waste but a gain.

That depends on who you talk to. Besides, Kirk didn't even know anything about his former beliefs before he "trusted Jesus." For all you know, he could be hopping from belief to belief, not bothering to look in depth in to any of them. He could be a con artist, because I guarantee he as paid to advertise that book.

This is why atheists struggle to understand what Jesus is all about, since is strips who you are to the skin, through that you feel ashamed. However, Jesus gives you the cloths and the promise of eternal life.

I think a lot of atheists, the ones that are actually intellectual unlike Kirk Cameron, understand who Jesus was and what his purpose is. They don't buy it, and that isn't the same as Kirk, who was ignorant all around.
Kleptin
Posts: 5,095
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2009 7:42:17 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 7/2/2009 4:20:35 AM, GodSands wrote:
: At 7/1/2009 8:01:53 PM, Kleptin wrote:
If he really was an atheist, then why is he now a Christian? It doesn't make sense. If he were an actual atheist, he wouldn't convert to Christianity at all.

Atheism is like a disease, many are born with it, and only when you get to a certain age does the effects of the disease take place. The cure is Jesus Christ, but the cure is painful, since is dismilishes everything about you. It strips you from your sin which you like, you become naked, for this disease was all you knew. Kirk became a Christian by trusting in Jesus. To make it all worth while by trusting in Jesus it would not be a waste but a gain.

This is why atheists struggle to understand what Jesus is all about, since is strips who you are to the skin, through that you feel ashamed. However, Jesus gives you the cloths and the promise of eternal life.

No, that's wrong.

You see, Christianity is like some genetic disease. It's passed down from birth and may take a while to kick in, but when it does, you can see the effects. It isn't until people start getting educated and thinking for themselves, atheism is the cure and the vaccine.

Thus, Kirk Cameron *couldn't* have been an atheist because if he WERE an atheist, then he would both have the cure AND the vaccine. If he had the vaccine, how could he get the disease (christianity) again? Do you understand now why you must be wrong?
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
patsox834
Posts: 406
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2009 7:48:20 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 7/2/2009 7:42:17 PM, Kleptin wrote:
At 7/2/2009 4:20:35 AM, GodSands wrote:
: At 7/1/2009 8:01:53 PM, Kleptin wrote:
If he really was an atheist, then why is he now a Christian? It doesn't make sense. If he were an actual atheist, he wouldn't convert to Christianity at all.

Atheism is like a disease, many are born with it, and only when you get to a certain age does the effects of the disease take place. The cure is Jesus Christ, but the cure is painful, since is dismilishes everything about you. It strips you from your sin which you like, you become naked, for this disease was all you knew. Kirk became a Christian by trusting in Jesus. To make it all worth while by trusting in Jesus it would not be a waste but a gain.

This is why atheists struggle to understand what Jesus is all about, since is strips who you are to the skin, through that you feel ashamed. However, Jesus gives you the cloths and the promise of eternal life.

No, that's wrong.

You see, Christianity is like some genetic disease.

Actually, I've heard that there's a correlation with religious beliefs and mental illnesses. That is, people who don't have their heads on straight are often found to be religious.

I'll try to find whatever I previously read, because I'm sure it would be of interest to many here.
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2009 8:34:10 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 7/2/2009 7:48:20 PM, patsox834 wrote:
Actually, I've heard that there's a correlation with religious beliefs and mental illnesses. That is, people who don't have their heads on straight are often found to be religious.

I wouldn't say that. I think that religions can just have an influence on those that have mental illnesses, but those that believe in it aren't necessary handicapped. They're beliefs, not diseases.
patsox834
Posts: 406
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2009 8:45:04 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 7/2/2009 8:34:10 PM, Volkov wrote:
At 7/2/2009 7:48:20 PM, patsox834 wrote:
Actually, I've heard that there's a correlation with religious beliefs and mental illnesses. That is, people who don't have their heads on straight are often found to be religious.

I wouldn't say that. I think that religions can just have an influence on those that have mental illnesses, but those that believe in it aren't necessary handicapped.

I mean, yeah? There must be a little communication breakdown, because that's what I was getting at. I wasn't at all saying that being religious equates to having a mental illness; I was saying that those who are mentally screwed up are more susceptible to buying into certain religious doctrines.

Maybe I wasn't clear, or maybe you misinterpreted a little...either way, somethin' went a little wrong.