Total Posts:151|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

HAVENWOOD MAFIA GAME: Day Phase #7

KRFournier
Posts: 690
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2009 2:49:47 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
Game Changes

1. usafkid1121 replaced inactive player ournamestoolong
2. usafkid1121 has been removed from the deceased list and can no longer be revived in his original role.

Alive

#1. dvhoose
#2. resolutionsmasher
#3. DeadLeaves93
#4. Harlan
#5. Ragnar_Rahl (persuaded by Politician)
#6. usafkid1121 (replaced ournamestoolong)
#7. crackofdawn_Jr
#8. Johnicle
#9. Logical-Master
#10. theitalianstallion
#11. I-am-a-Panda
#12. theLwerd
#13. DrumBum1234
#14. SaintNick

Deceased

#1. Clockwork (mafia) - killed by Vigilante on Night Phase 4.

#2. wjmelements (townie), Mason (Can communicate privately with other masons) - killed by Moderator on Day Phase 5 for violating rule 5no copying and pasting private conversions with moderator.

#3. JBlake (townie), Nightwatch (Can follow a player during each night phase and be told who that person targeted) - killed by mafia on Night Phase 5.

#4. SportsGuru (mafia), Mafia Assassin (Carries out mafia kills and kills the vigilante if targeted; the mafia always has exactly one assassin) - lynched on Day Phase 6.

#5. AnimeFanTony (townie), Inventor (Can roll the dice to random effect: 1-Cop, 2-Doctor, 3-Revive, 4-Death) - killed by rolling a 4 on Night Phase 6.

#6. The_Booner (townie), Politician (Can force any player to vote for another player each day phase) - killed by mafia on Night Phase 6.

Story

Havenwood Herald
July 2, 2009

INVENTION GOES AWRY

Local inventor, AnimeFanTony, was found dead in his town house last night. Authorities were called to the scene after neighbors heard a loud explosion in the house. Paramedics rushed to the scene but were unable to resuscitate the victim.

AnimeFanTony was outspoken about his intentions to use his inventive talents to resist the growing violence in Havenwood. His inventions included surveillance and protective equipment, and he may even have had a hand in theLwerd's miraculous recovery. Apparently, his latest endeavors proved far too dangerous for even his skill. The is believed the explosion was caused by a mishap during one of his many usual experiments.

POLITICIAN FOUND DEAD

City politician and activist, The_Booner, was found dead outside the county court house this morning. He was killed with a single shot to the heart. The_Booner was widely recognized in the political circuit as the most persuasive politician to grace Havenwood in decades. The M.O. is similar to previous Havenwood mafia hits, leading police to conclude that the mafia are just as deadly as every.

Day Phase #7 Begins

1. The Politician forced Ragnar_Rahl to vote for himself.
2. The day phase will expire on Tuesday at 10:00pm PDT.

Initial Vote Count

Ragnar_Rahl (Ragnar_Rahl) - 1/8 votes
ChristianM
Posts: 1,764
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2009 2:58:58 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
*pops out of grave and stretches arms*
AHHH!!! It's good to be back. =D
On to business, clearly our previous suspicions of AFT and usafkid1121 were wrong. He indeed was the inventor. (TOLD YOU ALL!!!) Now, seeing that I have replaced ournamestoolong, I am going to help as much as I can. Previously, Ive seen that Saintnick investigated someone who came up innocent. This perturbs me. If we recall when the Lwerd was revived, she had gained a new role and her past "psychic" role was lost. Could this have been the same case in Saintnick? Also, Saintnick said someone was innocent. This does not mean they are FULLY innocent. He may very well have investigated the Mafia godfather. Please comment or ask me questions.
Harlan
Posts: 1,880
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2009 5:22:51 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 7/2/2009 2:58:58 PM, usafkid1121 wrote:
*pops out of grave and stretches arms*
AHHH!!! It's good to be back. =D
On to business, clearly our previous suspicions of AFT and usafkid1121 were wrong. He indeed was the inventor. (TOLD YOU ALL!!!) Now, seeing that I have replaced ournamestoolong, I am going to help as much as I can. Previously, Ive seen that Saintnick investigated someone who came up innocent. This perturbs me. If we recall when the Lwerd was revived, she had gained a new role and her past "psychic" role was lost. Could this have been the same case in Saintnick? Also, Saintnick said someone was innocent. This does not mean they are FULLY innocent. He may very well have investigated the Mafia godfather. Please comment or ask me questions.

KRF told us that he changed Lwerd's role because (for reasons he would not disclose), he needed there to be a vigilante in the game at that time. This would suggest that not everyone's role changes.

On the other hand, the original Usafkid (who was saulus) said, after dying, that if he was revived his role would change. This may have just been a trick to get the town to revive him (which he asked for) despite his role as saulus, or it could mean that certain roles do change when he is revived. Usafkid, care to clarify?

In any case, it doesn't make sense to me for someone's allignment to change when revived. This would make reviving people beneficial to both the town and the mafia, and would therefore be pointless for a townie ability. I can fairly assume that saintnick is a townie, and therefore he is being honest that he is still the cop.
ChristianM
Posts: 1,764
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2009 5:51:38 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
In that perspective Harlan, i agree. And i was told my role would change. but, i believe we need to be asking questions about my CURRENT role. i believe SN's innocence. Any more questions?
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2009 6:16:07 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
Hoping the cop has a good lead, if not I'll toss out my apparently less reliable lead.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2009 6:17:01 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
And yeah, this game is weird enough without changes of heart upon resurrection.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2009 7:06:17 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
Nvm the if not. More information is better, reliable or no.

I see a gun in LM's hand.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Logical-Master
Posts: 2,538
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2009 8:19:08 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
As I said on the previous day, I would wait until the following day before I spoke of what I believed to be my lead.

First, I'm going to reveal my role; my role is labled as the crafty mime. As the mime, I am allowed to duplicate the ability of almost any player of my choosing three times in the game. However, it can only be for first person chosen by my character. I-Am-always right had apparently chosen SaintNick earlier on in the game.

On the previous night, I ended up choosing to investigate ournamestoolong and he (who is now usakid) is in fact a member of the mafia. For you see, I found it strange that SaintNick was having no trouble at all investigating people. Usually, a mafia prostitute negates someones powers and I was pretty certain that this would be what would happen upon seeing SaintNick revived. However, he has been successful on every night of his choosing, thus I had arrived at the conclusion that the prostitute HAD to be an inactive mafia member. Ournamestoolong had come to mind (though if I am wrong, you should consider mrbullfrog/deadleaves as a possible suspect). Regardless, a confirmed mafioso nevertheless.

Also, I find it highly likely that the mafia are going to kill me off tonight since I am a confirmed threat at this point and that I'm guaranteed not to be protected. Thus, I'm going to go ahead and reveal a previous finding on I-Am-always right's part while she was still playing. Zeratul/theLwerd is innocent.

With that said, I vote to lynch usafkid1121
Logical-Master
Posts: 2,538
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2009 8:21:04 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 7/2/2009 7:06:17 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
Nvm the if not. More information is better, reliable or no.

I see a gun in LM's hand.

As I side note, I have no idea as to how I could have a gun, nor SaintNick, nor Harlan. If anything, I strongly advise that Ragnar be investigated tonight (if he hasn't already) as something smells funny.
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2009 9:17:18 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
I should note Saintnick's gun ownership is obvious. He is a cop, cops have guns. This remains, so far, with the Harlan situation being the only thing that makes me doubt role reliability.

If, as you claim (And we might just find out), you copy his abilities, presumably you might copy his liabilities too.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
ChristianM
Posts: 1,764
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2009 9:43:38 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
As i am writing this message on my psp, i cannot bold. therefore my vote will be in caps. I VOTE TO LYNCH LOGICALMASTER. on the grounds that my role couldnt get more townie. id like not to reveal. but because he went through with his suspicion without asking questions, shows mafia action. also, in day phase 1, he said he would never reveal his role until necessary. was it necessary lm?
Logical-Master
Posts: 2,538
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2009 9:58:10 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 7/2/2009 9:43:38 PM, usafkid1121 wrote:
As i am writing this message on my psp, i cannot bold. therefore my vote will be in caps. I VOTE TO LYNCH LOGICALMASTER. on the grounds that my role couldnt get more townie. id like not to reveal. but because he went through with his suspicion without asking questions, shows mafia action. also, in day phase 1, he said he would never reveal his role until necessary. was it necessary lm?

1) I don't need any questions. You/ournamestoolong were reported as a mafia member last night and that's good enough for me. Asking questions would be a complete waste of everyone's time.

2) How is finding a mafia member not count as a necessary situation?

3) The mere fact that you started this day out trying to make us suspect an officially confirmed townie (the cop nonetheless) was all I needed to remove any doubt in my mind that my findings could have possible been wrong.

Face it, there's no escape.. Even if by some miracle I get lynched off today out of other players doubting me, they'd just lynch you off tomorrow. The mafia losing a single mafia member is far worse than the town losing a single townie.
ChristianM
Posts: 1,764
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2009 10:06:12 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
LM, you are 100% correct. But, remember the last game you hosted. I was highly suspected and still innocent. One more devastating mistake could ruin the town. Lynch and the town is done. But im sure KRF would love a twist. In that case, I UNVOTE LM. I VOTE TO LYNCH USAFKID1121
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2009 10:12:06 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
Voting for yourself?In a game where there is no jester?

Unless it's a townie role that helps us to die (in which case he should still be lynched), that move couldn't get any more scum. And desperate scum at that.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
DeadLeaves93
Posts: 591
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2009 11:54:30 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
*grabs popcorn*
Yes, USA, I'd like to hear what your logic is for voting for yourself?

Also, LM, why do you suspect me(/mr.bullfrog)?
"At last, my arm is complete again!"
Logical-Master
Posts: 2,538
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2009 12:01:29 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
Initially because of SaintNick not getting roleblocked. If it turns out he has gotten roleblocked last night, then I think that's enough to make you a primary suspect assuming usakid isn't the role blocker. If he hasn't (and usakid isn't a role blocker), then I think it's safe to say that there is no role blocker.
dvhoose
Posts: 223
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2009 7:36:16 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
TO L-M AND USAF:

Why should we believe you over the other?... just because you were both previously townie doesn't mean you're townie now.
ChristianM
Posts: 1,764
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2009 9:06:52 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
Three things:

1) I UNVOTE MYSELF.
2) @LM: If my psp stays on, my account is still "online". Try utilizing you username once in a while.
3) If revealed, my role could spell disaster for the townies.

Also, I must side with Ragnar on this. Ragnar said he sees a gun in LM's hand. Because my role IS townie, I am saying that this time Ragnar is right. Therefore, I VOTE TO LYNCH LM. If I reach 4 votes I will reveal but I HIGHLY DISUADE people from voting against me.
Logical-Master
Posts: 2,538
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2009 9:13:14 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 7/3/2009 7:36:16 AM, dvhoose wrote:
TO L-M AND USAF:

Why should we believe you over the other?... just because you were both previously townie doesn't mean you're townie now.

In a normal situation, there wouldn't be much other than reliance of the process of elimination (as in, lynch one and then lynch the other). However, I'd say usakid's actions only support my finding.

Take for instance him voting for himself earlier. As of now, he has retracted that vote and has claimed that him getting voted off would be really harmful to the townies. If that doesn't spell scum behavior, I don't what does. :(
Logical-Master
Posts: 2,538
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2009 9:16:56 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 7/3/2009 9:06:52 AM, usafkid1121 wrote:
Three things:

1) I UNVOTE MYSELF.
2) @LM: If my psp stays on, my account is still "online". Try utilizing you username once in a while.
3) If revealed, my role could spell disaster for the townies.

Also, I must side with Ragnar on this. Ragnar said he sees a gun in LM's hand. Because my role IS townie, I am saying that this time Ragnar is right. Therefore, I VOTE TO LYNCH LM. If I reach 4 votes I will reveal but I HIGHLY DISUADE people from voting against me.

Please get your story straight. You were supposedly willing to reveal your role last night when you posed the question as to whether or not you should just reveal your role. Now, for some reason, your role is really dangerous to be revealed.

Here's what's really the problem: Your scum mates haven't gotten online yet, thus you can't talk it out with them . . . OR, you were planning on making up a role, only for them to have told you that what you're currently doing would be for the best. Either way, really sloppy since your behavior clearly dictates desperation.
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2009 9:25:13 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
Just about anyone can crack that. And it is inconsistent with VOTING FOR YOURSELF. Only wanting confusion-- which scum want-- is consistent with voting for yourself.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.