Jump to topic:

Musings of a Physics Teacher

DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2012 9:37:57 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
My physics teacher is probably one of the most hilarious teachers I've had. Imagine a man with a Ben Stein-esque voice with a really childish attitude who looks to be about 50, and you have a pretty close vision of my physics teacher. What's especially great about him are the many off-color quips and quotes one can get from him. Here are a few choice selections:

"I know nothing about biology. All I know is that I have four children and I'm confused."

Student: "Why is [the PowerPoint] so light?
Teacher: It isn't light, you're having a stroke."

"Think about it: when you're downtown, all those buildings could hit you."

"If you can't pick up women, pick up sparrows."

"I'm sick of figuring out people's cheap-@ss calculators."

"What I'm saying is that you should trade your calculator for a puppy and then shoot the puppy."

"Remember that UN is just another word for 'un.' Unmeetings, untreaties, the list goes on."

"That's the first [date] that I wrote wrong? I have to tell my psychiatrist that."

"Revenge is sustenance."

"You yankin' my chain, sir?"

"When I was in the Air Force being trained to kill people..."

"As you know, I am not politically correct. But I'm an exception because I was born a poor black Indian child." (He's none of these).

"And that's why, when people talk about a global warming computer model, they're full of sh1t."
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2012 9:50:13 PM
They make the perfect teachers
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2012 6:44:30 PM
Your physics teacher sounds like a badass.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2012 7:02:45 PM
At 3/14/2012 9:37:57 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
"Remember that UN is just another word for 'un.' Unmeetings, untreaties, the list goes on."
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.