Those damn Communists...

000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2012 5:42:46 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
have the most ingenious anthems ever
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2012 6:01:54 PM
Oh, ike. Please explain to me your criteria for "best" relating to national anthems and songs...

and how it has been objectively agreed, by the majority of this community, that these national anthems are the "best"...
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2012 6:23:58 PM
At 3/25/2012 6:01:54 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
Oh, ike. Please explain to me your criteria for "best" relating to national anthems and songs...

and how it has been objectively agreed, by the majority of this community, that these national anthems are the "best"...

You don't like East Germany's anthem? Just listen to the whole thing, it's inspiring
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2012 6:26:07 PM
At 3/25/2012 6:23:58 PM, 000ike wrote:

You don't like East Germany's anthem? Just listen to the whole thing, it's inspiring

Of course, I do. But I'd like an explanation of the criteria for "best" here though....
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2012 6:28:06 PM
At 3/25/2012 6:26:07 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 3/25/2012 6:23:58 PM, 000ike wrote:

Of course, I do. But I'd like an explanation of the criteria for "best" here though....

How does one describe the nature of "great music"? I don't know the psychology of music beyond the fact that I agree with the melody.