Total Posts:32|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Don't you hate it when people act gangster?

1dustpelt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2012 5:13:39 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
So their from the suburbs and the try to act "cool" and end up looking stupid. Almost everyone does it these days.
Wall of LOL
"Infanticide is justified as long as the infants are below two" ~ RoyalPaladin
"Promoting female superiority is the only way to establish equality." ~ RoyalPaladin
"Jury trials should be banned. They're nothing more than opportunities for racists to destroy lives." ~ RoyalPaladin after the Zimmerman Trial.
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2012 5:25:13 PM
At 3/29/2012 5:13:39 PM, 1dustpelt wrote:
So their from the suburbs and the try to act "cool" and end up looking stupid. Almost everyone does it these days.

ehh. i'm not a fan of anyone who tries to act a certain way to fit in. just be yourself. people will like you for that, no matter what kind of way they act.
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2012 7:42:19 PM
If it walks like a duck quacks like a duck and looks like a duck. Treat it like a duck. That's what I do. I had a debate about this. The title of the debate is similar to this
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
nonentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2012 7:54:31 PM
I hate it when gangster-looking guys hit on me. It's like, no offense, but do I look like the kind of girl who would talk to you?
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2012 7:54:57 PM
At 3/29/2012 7:54:31 PM, nonentity wrote:
I hate it when gangster-looking guys hit on me. It's like, no offense, but do I look like the kind of girl who would talk to you?

Me as well.
nonentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2012 8:02:53 PM
At 3/29/2012 7:54:57 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 3/29/2012 7:54:31 PM, nonentity wrote:

Me as well.

lol what?
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2012 8:04:30 PM
I may be a bit embarrassed to say this, but what does 'gangster' mean exactly???
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2012 8:06:55 PM
loser
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
nonentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2012 8:14:06 PM
At 3/29/2012 8:04:30 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
I may be a bit embarrassed to say this, but what does 'gangster' mean exactly???

Here are my red flags:

*Wearing baggy pants, hanging off his butt
*Certain "brands" of clothing, eg. Jordan sneakers
*Baggy clothes in general
*Sometimes a hat
*Walks like he's got a broken leg
*Talks with his mouth to the side, mumbling, with a fake @ss American accent
*Rubs his hands together while he talks with his head to the side
*Rapping to music out loud, with or without headphones
*Slang

Yeah, I'm a bit of a snob.
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2012 8:20:52 PM
At 3/29/2012 8:14:06 PM, nonentity wrote:

Here are my red flags:

*Sometimes a hat
*Slang

Hmm...And how did this collective behavioral type gain momentum? (puts on professor glasses.:P)
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
nonentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2012 8:29:46 PM
At 3/29/2012 8:20:52 PM, Man-is-good wrote:

Hmm...And how did this collective behavioral type gain momentum? (puts on professor glasses.:P)

No idea... but in Canada it's basically wannabes. Wannabe Americans, Wannabe Jamaicans. A lot of them are of Jamaican descent and speak patois or with a Jamaican accent, despite having been born in Canada x____x
Paradox_7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2012 8:42:47 PM

Here are my red flags:

*Sometimes a hat
*Slang

That's just ghetto..

I sag, wear big clothes (when i'm not at work), and tend to walk with a slight sway..

Doesn't mean 'gangster' to me.. or any one who actaully knows what their actually describing.

I just feel comfortable in that.. i have to wear a suit all week, so i'm over nut hugging pants..

I don't see why people care so much though..

this guys wears baggy pants and listens to rap - lets say he's a wanna be and mock him b/c we like different stuff..?

Prrreeetty superficial.
: At 10/23/2012 8:06:03 PM, tvellalott wrote:
: Don't be. The Catholic Church is ran by Darth Sidius for fvck sake. As far as I'm concerned, you're a bona fide member of the Sith.
nonentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2012 8:54:09 PM
At 3/29/2012 8:42:47 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:

Here are my red flags:

*Sometimes a hat
*Slang

That's just ghetto..

I don't think ghetto=gangster, nor does it fit what I described. A lot of people who "act/look gangster" live in nice big houses with their parents.

I sag, wear big clothes (when i'm not at work), and tend to walk with a slight sway..

Doesn't mean 'gangster' to me.. or any one who actaully knows what their actually describing.

I just feel comfortable in that.. i have to wear a suit all week, so i'm over nut hugging pants..

this guys wears baggy pants and listens to rap - lets say he's a wanna be and mock him b/c we like different stuff..?

Prrreeetty superficial.

Not really. That's the way life is. The way people portray themselves is how we discern who is like us, who we have things in common with, who we'll get along with. Sure, "don't judge a book by its cover" and all that but for the most part, people dress in the way that they want to be portrayed. Gangsters attract gangsters. If you're dressed like a gangster, don't expect to pick up a girl dressed with class.
Paradox_7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2012 9:01:07 PM
At 3/29/2012 8:54:09 PM, nonentity wrote:
At 3/29/2012 8:42:47 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:

Here are my red flags:

*Sometimes a hat
*Slang

That's just ghetto..

I don't think ghetto=gangster, nor does it fit what I described. A lot of people who "act/look gangster" live in nice big houses with their parents.

Prrreeetty superficial.

Not really. That's the way life is. [1]The way people portray themselves is how we discern who is like us, who we have things in common with, who we'll get along with. Sure, "don't judge a book by its cover" and all that but for the most part, people dress in the way that they want to be portrayed. Gangsters attract gangsters. [2]If you're dressed like a gangster, don't expect to pick up a girl dressed with class.

1) This isn't true. All my friends are different. Some are actual thugs/husterls, some are nerdy gamers, some are preppy rich kids, some are druggies with nothing going for them at all..lol I think its a little lame to judge people in that light.. thats just me though - i accept everyone if we get along; i have no special criteria or prejudice.

2) Now your saying if you dress a certain way you don't have class, and won't attract any class.. seriously?
: At 10/23/2012 8:06:03 PM, tvellalott wrote:
: Don't be. The Catholic Church is ran by Darth Sidius for fvck sake. As far as I'm concerned, you're a bona fide member of the Sith.
nonentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2012 9:17:12 PM
At 3/29/2012 9:01:07 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:
At 3/29/2012 8:54:09 PM, nonentity wrote:
Not really. That's the way life is. [1]The way people portray themselves is how we discern who is like us, who we have things in common with, who we'll get along with. Sure, "don't judge a book by its cover" and all that but for the most part, people dress in the way that they want to be portrayed. Gangsters attract gangsters. [2]If you're dressed like a gangster, don't expect to pick up a girl dressed with class.

1) This isn't true. All my friends are different. Some are actual thugs/husterls, some are nerdy gamers, some are preppy rich kids, some are druggies with nothing going for them at all..lol I think its a little lame to judge people in that light.. thats just me though - i accept everyone if we get along; i have no special criteria or prejudice.

2) Now your saying if you dress a certain way you don't have class, and won't attract any class.. seriously?

1) I never claimed that what we discern is accurate... http://en.wikipedia.org... http://en.wikipedia.org...(psychology)

2) Nice try at a strawman. What I actually said was "dressed with class". You can be dressed classy and not actually be classy yourself. But no, dressing gangster is not classy.
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2012 9:57:55 PM

Here are my red flags:

*Sometimes a hat
*Slang

LOL. i hate when guys try to get my attention by yelling out "hey yo baby" or "hey girl" it's like........ i'm not going to answer to that O.o how about actually walking up to me and saying hi or something.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2012 10:01:24 PM
At 3/29/2012 9:57:55 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:

Here are my red flags:

*Sometimes a hat
*Slang

LOL. i hate when guys try to get my attention by yelling out "hey yo baby" or "hey girl" it's like........ i'm not going to answer to that O.o how about actually walking up to me and saying hi or something.

You would freak if someone walked over and said Hi lickdafoot
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2012 10:03:19 PM
At 3/29/2012 10:01:24 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 3/29/2012 9:57:55 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:

Here are my red flags:

*Sometimes a hat
*Slang

You would freak if someone walked over and said Hi lickdafoot

yeah totally. i'd mace em. O.o
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2012 10:48:19 PM
Hard to say.. I dislike it when anyone is a try-hard. That goes for a lot of subcultures. It's grating and inauthentic- especially as a first impression.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
nonentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2012 11:50:30 PM
At 3/29/2012 9:45:07 PM, nonentity wrote:
Sadolite, the only time a vegetarian would come out and say they're vegetarian is if you try to feed them meat :/

Oops, wrong thread :p
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2012 12:43:43 AM

Here are my red flags:

*Sometimes a hat
*Slang

Lol, this sounds so much like soulja boy. Just saying.
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2012 5:02:39 AM
I don't necessarily "act" gangster, but I happen to be gangster.

It suits me well and I care not what everyone's opinions are of that.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2012 3:49:56 PM
Sadolite, the only time a vegetarian would come out and say they're vegetarian is if you try to feed them meat :/

Um are trying to say I did not hear what I heard. So you are saying that I am lying. You are saying you were there and you heard the conversation and you can categorically say in no uncertain terms that no vegetarian has ever said they we vegetarian without first being asked to eat meat. You were present during every conversation that I experienced and what I heard was not what I heard and what they said was not what they said. Does that about some up what you are saying to me.

sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2012 3:51:43 PM
At 3/30/2012 3:49:56 PM, sadolite wrote:

Um are trying to say I did not hear what I heard. So you are saying that I am lying. You are saying you were there and you heard the conversation and you can categorically say in no uncertain terms that no vegetarian has ever said they we vegetarian without first being asked to eat meat. You were present during every conversation that I experienced and what I heard was not what I heard and what they said was not what they said. Does that about some up what you are saying to me.

Oops. I didn't realy post anything I only imagined what I said and heard.