Jump to topic:

Anyone here practise hypnotism?

leet4A1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2009 7:39:08 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
I really want to learn hypnosis, but can't find much help on the net. Has anyone here mastered the art and wouldn't mind sharing a few secrets?
"Let me tell you the truth. The truth is, 'what is'. And 'what should be' is a fantasy, a terrible terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago. The 'what should be' never did exist, but people keep trying to live up to it. There is no 'what should be,' there is only what is." - Lenny Bruce

"Satan goes to church, did you know that?" - Godsands

"And Genisis 1 does match modern science... you just have to try really hard." - GR33K FR33K5
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2009 7:58:10 AM
I don't know much about it, but I'd like to.

The more I learn about the brain, the more I think these seemingly crazy ideas (like hypnosis and telekinesis) are possible. I'll get back to you.
President of DDO
ChristianM
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2009 2:53:57 PM
Im not a hypnotist but I take a theory of knowledge and foreign arts class at the local college here in Palm Beach. Hypnosis is not taking control of someones mind but merely using their extreme fatigue against their will. By simply playing some relaxing music and saying words over and over again, one gets extremely lax.

Normally, before a show, a hypnotist will ask for volunteers. Now these volunteers must sign waivers in case they are hurt, they must also pass a quick physical in some shows. However, shows that dont use physicals, use other methods which ill get into later. The physical is supposed to make the person less stable and more likely to "go under". Now, if no physical, the hypnotist will simply make conditions a little stressful, like rushing the volunteers or making them sit in hard chairs. They use simple sleep techniques and put the person in a state of comotosia. We know it as comatose. The comatose people are not asleep but are still seceptible to outside demands. They also are unaware that the audience is watching so they follow the orders believing no one is around, and yet, they are making everyone laugh.

So its all basically, hypnotist picks sleepy looking people, puts them half to sleep, TADA!
leet4A1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2009 3:25:11 PM
At 7/15/2009 2:53:57 PM, usafkid1121 wrote:
Im not a hypnotist but I take a theory of knowledge and foreign arts class at the local college here in Palm Beach. Hypnosis is not taking control of someones mind but merely using their extreme fatigue against their will. By simply playing some relaxing music and saying words over and over again, one gets extremely lax.

Normally, before a show, a hypnotist will ask for volunteers. Now these volunteers must sign waivers in case they are hurt, they must also pass a quick physical in some shows. However, shows that dont use physicals, use other methods which ill get into later. The physical is supposed to make the person less stable and more likely to "go under". Now, if no physical, the hypnotist will simply make conditions a little stressful, like rushing the volunteers or making them sit in hard chairs. They use simple sleep techniques and put the person in a state of comotosia. We know it as comatose. The comatose people are not asleep but are still seceptible to outside demands. They also are unaware that the audience is watching so they follow the orders believing no one is around, and yet, they are making everyone laugh.

So its all basically, hypnotist picks sleepy looking people, puts them half to sleep, TADA!

Nice one brother, thanks for the info! I would flippin love to learn to do this.

The more I learn about the brain, the more I think these seemingly crazy ideas (like hypnosis and telekinesis) are possible.

Yeah, I thought hypnosis was completely fake until a hypnotist came to town and hypnotised my friend DJ. His sole intent of going on stage was to make a fool of the hypnotist by doing nothing he said, but before long he was dancing around the stage like an idiot and clucking like a chicken! There's no doubt that it's real, and I for one think that's amazing.
"Let me tell you the truth. The truth is, 'what is'. And 'what should be' is a fantasy, a terrible terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago. The 'what should be' never did exist, but people keep trying to live up to it. There is no 'what should be,' there is only what is." - Lenny Bruce

"And Genisis 1 does match modern science... you just have to try really hard." - GR33K FR33K5
Lifeisgood
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2009 3:29:31 PM
At 7/14/2009 7:39:08 PM, leet4A1 wrote:
I really want to learn hypnosis, but can't find much help on the net. Has anyone here mastered the art and wouldn't mind sharing a few secrets?

I would be careful with hypnosis. By allowing yourself to be hypnotized, you basically surrender your mind to another person. They can implant suggestions and do all sorts of weird things. Just be wary.

To me, my mind is my sanctuary and refuge. I would not risk it for something such as hypnotism.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." - Abraham Lincoln
leet4A1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2009 3:42:50 PM
At 7/15/2009 3:29:31 PM, Lifeisgood wrote:
At 7/14/2009 7:39:08 PM, leet4A1 wrote:

I would be careful with hypnosis. By allowing yourself to be hypnotized, you basically surrender your mind to another person. They can implant suggestions and do all sorts of weird things. Just be wary.

To me, my mind is my sanctuary and refuge. I would not risk it for something such as hypnotism.

Yeah dude, I don't want to BE hypnotised, I want to learn to hypnotise others. You're right though, and thanks for the warning. They can even implant memories in your mind which seem as real and vivid as actual memories. Scary stuff. Imagine if someone like the government mastered the art of hypnotising covertly and en mass, like on a TV broadcast or something.

GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2009 5:10:41 PM
At 7/15/2009 3:42:50 PM, leet4A1 wrote:
Imagine if someone like the government mastered the art of hypnotising covertly and en mass, like on a TV broadcast or something.

Too late. It's already happened. Politicians use hypnotic/mind control speech techniques and the mainstream media uses a covert form of hypnotism. Just watch the video (1:01 - 6:29)
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Lifeisgood
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2009 5:33:55 PM
At 7/15/2009 5:10:41 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Too late. It's already happened. Politicians use hypnotic/mind control speech techniques and the mainstream media uses a covert form of hypnotism. Just watch the video (1:01 - 6:29)

I don't watch T.V. precisely because of that. Instead, I favor books.

A lot of people don't realize the dangers of hypnotism. It is a very powerful tool in the right hands, but a very powerful weapon in the wrong ones. There is so much potential for evil in that field.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." - Abraham Lincoln
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2009 5:48:09 PM

Interesting, I should right this stuff down. Never know when you need it for speechwriting.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2009 6:02:22 PM
At 7/15/2009 5:48:09 PM, Volkov wrote:

Interesting, I should right this stuff down. Never know when you need it for speechwriting.

Another very interesting video. It shows these seduction words being used by politicians.

"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2009 6:22:49 PM
At 7/15/2009 6:02:22 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Another very interesting video. It shows these seduction words being used by politicians.

You do know that this is completely reasonable - they're politicians, they need to seduce the public. Or more accurately, their speech writers need to seduce the public for them. Except for Obama. He could seduce anyone.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2009 6:30:23 PM
At 7/15/2009 6:22:49 PM, Volkov wrote:

You do know that this is completely reasonable - they're politicians, they need to seduce the public. Or more accurately, their speech writers need to seduce the public for them. Except for Obama. He could seduce anyone.

It's not reasonable when they aren't campaigning and they are already in office. I mean look at the people in the video. They're not trying to win votes, they were in the Presidential administration.

-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2009 6:32:19 PM
At 7/15/2009 6:30:23 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
It's not reasonable when they aren't campaigning and they are already in office. I mean look at the people in the video. They're not trying to win votes, they were in the Presidential administration.

So? The Prime Minister's Office here will put out happy-fun seductive statements in order to put a good light on any and all actions. If they put out depressing, non-positive statements then they'll lose support, and no one wants that.
Lifeisgood
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2009 6:48:35 PM

So that's how he got elected... :P
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2009 12:10:33 PM

Obama does not seduce anyone. That is the job of the TOTUS (Teleprompter of the United States). Without it, Obama is powerless.
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2009 12:17:29 PM
At 7/16/2009 12:10:33 PM, Nags wrote:
Obama does not seduce anyone. That is the job of the TOTUS (Teleprompter of the United States). Without it, Obama is powerless.

He can talk without TOTUS, but even with TOTUS, Obama injects his power into it. Seductive speeches are more than the words - it is the delivery as well.
ccstate4peat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2009 12:23:04 PM
At 7/15/2009 5:33:55 PM, Lifeisgood wrote:

Books are stupid! Get hooked on the boob tube!
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2009 12:24:33 PM
At 7/16/2009 12:23:04 PM, ccstate4peat wrote:
At 7/15/2009 5:33:55 PM, Lifeisgood wrote:

Books are stupid! Get hooked on the boob tube!

It is probably for comments like this why people are telling you ways to get off the site, not just cut down on time spent.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2009 11:03:02 AM
My Dad is a hypnotherapy. He isn't in practice yet (He only "graduated" like a few months ago). But he has done test subjects. It's mainly an alternative to anaesthesia in surgery and for resetting desires.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2009 11:06:03 AM
At 7/17/2009 11:03:02 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
My Dad is a hypnotherapy. He isn't in practice yet (He only "graduated" like a few months ago). But he has done test subjects. It's mainly an alternative to anaesthesia in surgery and for resetting desires.

Have you found out you liked something more than usual lately?
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2009 11:13:13 AM
At 7/17/2009 11:06:03 AM, Volkov wrote:
At 7/17/2009 11:03:02 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:

Have you found out you liked something more than usual lately?

Well, my room is relatively clean for some reason. And I do have an earning to play golf and wear chinos, but other than that, no.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.