Jump to topic:

Ancient Aliens

Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2012 3:17:26 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
K. So I'm an anthropology major- you know ancient societies, archaeology, blah blah blah. So my Christian friend has requested I watch this show- Ancient Aliens (yes. It's on the History Channel)- which basically says, "eh, fvck all this forensic evidence- we disagree. We think aliens did it." Because there is a bunch of evidence for aliens doing it. Of course. Since I have watched this show, in exchange I request that he read a chapter of the satanic bible since it will amount to an equal degree and kind of suffering on both our parts.

Now I'm sorta thinking he should have to read at least two chapters of the satanic bible.

Fair?
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2012 3:39:57 AM
Ancient aliens are historical fact. Ancient records prove this. The Vedas, Sumerian tablets, Egyptian glyphs, and many other ancient documents recorded our ancient alien past.

"Amazing and super technologies were being used, magical and psychic powers being used; we're talking about UFO's and spaceships, and there was extraterrestrial involvement, there have been wars on this planet, and there have been 'gods' frequencing the earth. We have not been told that! Nobody will tell you that. But it is a fact."

-- Michael Tsarion (Alternative Historian)

http://www.crystalinks.com...
http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net...
http://sandiego.indymedia.org...
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2012 5:48:29 PM
I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2012 6:08:05 PM
At 4/3/2012 5:53:09 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
I am genuinely interested: how do you explain OOParts?

I don't. But I don't see any reason to assume aliens are the source.
Just seems like The Alien of the Gaps. We don't understand it--->aliens.
:
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2012 6:10:36 PM
At 4/3/2012 6:08:05 PM, Oryus wrote:

That's exactly how religion works.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2012 6:14:40 PM

Makes sense.
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2012 6:23:57 PM
At 4/3/2012 3:17:26 AM, Oryus wrote:
K. So I'm an anthropology major- you know ancient societies, archaeology, blah blah blah. So my Christian friend has requested I watch this show- Ancient Aliens (yes. It's on the History Channel)- which basically says, "eh, fvck all this forensic evidence- we disagree. We think aliens did it." Because there is a bunch of evidence for aliens doing it. Of course. Since I have watched this show, in exchange I request that he read a chapter of the satanic bible since it will amount to an equal degree and kind of suffering on both our parts.

Now I'm sorta thinking he should have to read at least two chapters of the satanic bible.

Fair?
Present to him convincing cases of aliens on earth and pretend like you believe it. Then show him all the facts that have refuted these theories completely. I suggest starting with the Roswell incident.
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2012 6:27:56 PM
At 4/3/2012 6:10:36 PM, FREEDO wrote:

That's exactly how religion works.

You win.
:
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2012 6:28:36 PM
K. So I'm an anthropology major- you know ancient societies, archaeology, blah blah blah. So my Christian friend has requested I watch this show- Ancient Aliens (yes. It's on the History Channel)- which basically says, "eh, fvck all this forensic evidence- we disagree. We think aliens did it." Because there is a bunch of evidence for aliens doing it. Of course. Since I have watched this show, in exchange I request that he read a chapter of the satanic bible since it will amount to an equal degree and kind of suffering on both our parts.:

That show is such horseshit... Just goes to prove that even the HISTORY Channel is prone to sensationalising for ratings. On top of it, they have this insane "expert" who does mental gymnastics for an hour trying to make round pegs fit into square holes.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2012 6:29:20 PM
At 4/3/2012 3:39:57 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Ancient aliens are historical fact. Ancient records prove this. The Vedas, Sumerian tablets, Egyptian glyphs, and many other ancient documents recorded our ancient alien past.:

LOL!

K.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2012 6:29:50 PM
At 4/3/2012 6:23:57 PM, Mirza wrote:

Fair?
Present to him convincing cases of aliens on earth and pretend like you believe it. Then show him all the facts that have refuted these theories completely. I suggest starting with the Roswell incident.

But that means I have to do things. :(

Did I mention he was a Christian? He also thinks it's likely that Noah put two of every animal on a boat and a great flood killed everybody in the world. Know what I'm gettin' at?
:
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2012 6:30:50 PM
Just seems like The Alien of the Gaps. We don't understand it--->aliens.:

Absolutely. Just as inept as saying "God did it." They just switched God with aliens, whatever that means.
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2012 6:39:59 PM
At 4/3/2012 6:30:50 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
Just seems like The Alien of the Gaps. We don't understand it--->aliens.:

Absolutely. Just as inept as saying "God did it." They just switched God with aliens, whatever that means.

They both give us that warm, we're not alone, smarter beings are watching over us feeling.

meh.
: