Total Posts:10|Showing Posts:1-10
Jump to topic:

Story to Life

Ren
Posts: 7,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2012 6:19:26 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
There's a lot of creativity on these forums, and a lot of cats that seem to fancy themselves writers. Well, I'm presenting this to anyone at the forum at large:

Is there any story that you'd like to see converted into graphic format? And interesting comic idea? A favorite childhood fable? Anything at all?

If so, hit me up or drop in this thread and we can work on something together. I haven't dont a project and I find that appealing to you guys to practice things is fairly appealing.

Thanks in advance.
Oryus
Posts: 8,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2012 2:07:02 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
What do you mean? Like you wanna make some drawings to go along with a story?
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
Ren
Posts: 7,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2012 4:58:49 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/16/2012 2:07:02 AM, Oryus wrote:
What do you mean? Like you wanna make some drawings to go along with a story?

Lol, no, not necessarily.

I guess I was leaving it open to interpretation, because I'm open for anything... really, what I was referring to, was perhaps a comic of sorts, but I'm also open to other works of art, say, such as a character design or whatever... something to really get me back into working on something.
TUF
Posts: 21,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2012 5:39:24 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/16/2012 4:58:49 AM, Ren wrote:
At 4/16/2012 2:07:02 AM, Oryus wrote:
What do you mean? Like you wanna make some drawings to go along with a story?

Lol, no, not necessarily.

I guess I was leaving it open to interpretation, because I'm open for anything... really, what I was referring to, was perhaps a comic of sorts, but I'm also open to other works of art, say, such as a character design or whatever... something to really get me back into working on something.

Hmm... I could do a story and try to video edit it to make something fun out of it. Let me know an Idea.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2012 7:00:24 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/15/2012 6:19:26 PM, Ren wrote:
There's a lot of creativity on these forums, and a lot of cats that seem to fancy themselves writers. Well, I'm presenting this to anyone at the forum at large:

Is there any story that you'd like to see converted into graphic format? And interesting comic idea? A favorite childhood fable? Anything at all?

If so, hit me up or drop in this thread and we can work on something together. I haven't dont a project and I find that appealing to you guys to practice things is fairly appealing.

Thanks in advance.

Yes. I have an idea but cannot decide what the most appropriate format would be. I have considered graphic novel, as there are a lot of elements that would work better visually.
Ren
Posts: 7,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2012 8:21:15 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/16/2012 7:00:24 AM, drafterman wrote:
At 4/15/2012 6:19:26 PM, Ren wrote:
There's a lot of creativity on these forums, and a lot of cats that seem to fancy themselves writers. Well, I'm presenting this to anyone at the forum at large:

Is there any story that you'd like to see converted into graphic format? And interesting comic idea? A favorite childhood fable? Anything at all?

If so, hit me up or drop in this thread and we can work on something together. I haven't dont a project and I find that appealing to you guys to practice things is fairly appealing.

Thanks in advance.

Yes. I have an idea but cannot decide what the most appropriate format would be. I have considered graphic novel, as there are a lot of elements that would work better visually.

Please, do tell. I am very interested.
Ren
Posts: 7,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2012 8:21:45 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/16/2012 5:39:24 AM, TUF wrote:
At 4/16/2012 4:58:49 AM, Ren wrote:
At 4/16/2012 2:07:02 AM, Oryus wrote:
What do you mean? Like you wanna make some drawings to go along with a story?

Lol, no, not necessarily.

I guess I was leaving it open to interpretation, because I'm open for anything... really, what I was referring to, was perhaps a comic of sorts, but I'm also open to other works of art, say, such as a character design or whatever... something to really get me back into working on something.

Hmm... I could do a story and try to video edit it to make something fun out of it. Let me know an Idea.

Lol, I'm looking for ideas. :P
Ren
Posts: 7,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2012 8:26:23 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
To be a little more specific, I'm mostly a traditional artist, although I'll 'shop something particularly nice.

The best, on the other hand, are colored by hand.

I am a writer, clearly, but for this particularly engagement, I intend to copilot, if I do any steering at all. My main pursuit would be building the airplane -- i.e., the more visual aspect in this regard, although I'd be more than happy to contribute.

So, if you have a great plot idea or a character design you're just burning to see in a unique style, I'm talking to you.
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2012 8:44:19 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/16/2012 8:21:15 AM, Ren wrote:
At 4/16/2012 7:00:24 AM, drafterman wrote:
At 4/15/2012 6:19:26 PM, Ren wrote:
There's a lot of creativity on these forums, and a lot of cats that seem to fancy themselves writers. Well, I'm presenting this to anyone at the forum at large:

Is there any story that you'd like to see converted into graphic format? And interesting comic idea? A favorite childhood fable? Anything at all?

If so, hit me up or drop in this thread and we can work on something together. I haven't dont a project and I find that appealing to you guys to practice things is fairly appealing.

Thanks in advance.

Yes. I have an idea but cannot decide what the most appropriate format would be. I have considered graphic novel, as there are a lot of elements that would work better visually.

Please, do tell. I am very interested.

I'll shoot you a PM.