Total Posts:12|Showing Posts:1-12
Jump to topic:

Does Anyone Else Do This?

Lifeisgood
Posts: 295
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2009 1:49:55 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
Here's the thing. Every time I see certain objects, I find myself speculating how they could be used as a weapon; their effectiveness, the type of wound they would inflict, etc. I then imagine their application in a battle, domestic uprising, or assassination.

I also find myself imagining how certain places/structures would stand up to an assault, as well as places that would be good for defense or ambush.

Does anyone else do this, or am I just obsessed with warfare?
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." - Abraham Lincoln
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2009 1:51:46 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 7/24/2009 1:49:55 PM, Lifeisgood wrote:
Here's the thing. Every time I see certain objects, I find myself speculating how they could be used as a weapon; their effectiveness, the type of wound they would inflict, etc. I then imagine their application in a battle, domestic uprising, or assassination.

I also find myself imagining how certain places/structures would stand up to an assault, as well as places that would be good for defense or ambush.

Does anyone else do this, or am I just obsessed with warfare?

Not the objects, but the places in warfare. I once studied a map of central Dublin on how to most effectively stop an invasion.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Rezzealaux
Posts: 2,251
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2009 1:52:00 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
No.

But whenever I hear teachers or parents spouting out some bullsht like how certain pens and pencils aren't allowed at school because they're weapons, I refute them in their face by saying anything could be a weapon and therefore IS a weapon; we might as well expell everyone that has big hands.
: If you weren't new here, you'd know not to feed me such attention. This is like an orgasm in my brain right now. *hehe, my name is in a title, hehe* (http://www.debate.org...)

Just in case I get into some BS with FREEDO again about how he's NOT a narcissist.

"The law is there to destroy evil under the constitutional government."
So... what's there to destroy evil inside of and above the constitutional government?
wjmelements
Posts: 8,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2009 1:53:02 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
Very interesting.

I've thought like this before, but I don't remember how long ago or for how long.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2009 1:53:21 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 7/24/2009 1:52:00 PM, Rezzealaux wrote:
No.

But whenever I hear teachers or parents spouting out some bullsht like how certain pens and pencils aren't allowed at school because they're weapons, I refute them in their face by saying anything could be a weapon and therefore IS a weapon; we might as well expell everyone that has big hands.

Lol, if that was the case, the lower half of my body would have to be expelled. Weapons of mass seduction down there.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Rezzealaux
Posts: 2,251
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2009 1:55:46 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 7/24/2009 1:53:21 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 7/24/2009 1:52:00 PM, Rezzealaux wrote:
No.

But whenever I hear teachers or parents spouting out some bullsht like how certain pens and pencils aren't allowed at school because they're weapons, I refute them in their face by saying anything could be a weapon and therefore IS a weapon; we might as well expell everyone that has big hands.

Lol, if that was the case, the lower half of my body would have to be expelled. Weapons of mass seduction down there.

Unfortunately, it isn't. Adults are inconsistent. They just say whatever they want and then stick the label of virtue on it. It's like if you go to some shanghai store to buy a DVD player, they'll ask you what brand you want, you say Sony, they'll just pull a random player off the shelf and slap a Sony sticker on it.

Disgusting.
: If you weren't new here, you'd know not to feed me such attention. This is like an orgasm in my brain right now. *hehe, my name is in a title, hehe* (http://www.debate.org...)

Just in case I get into some BS with FREEDO again about how he's NOT a narcissist.

"The law is there to destroy evil under the constitutional government."
So... what's there to destroy evil inside of and above the constitutional government?
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2009 1:58:48 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 7/24/2009 1:55:46 PM, Rezzealaux wrote:
At 7/24/2009 1:53:21 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 7/24/2009 1:52:00 PM, Rezzealaux wrote:
No.

But whenever I hear teachers or parents spouting out some bullsht like how certain pens and pencils aren't allowed at school because they're weapons, I refute them in their face by saying anything could be a weapon and therefore IS a weapon; we might as well expell everyone that has big hands.

Lol, if that was the case, the lower half of my body would have to be expelled. Weapons of mass seduction down there.

Unfortunately, it isn't. Adults are inconsistent. They just say whatever they want and then stick the label of virtue on it. It's like if you go to some shanghai store to buy a DVD player, they'll ask you what brand you want, you say Sony, they'll just pull a random player off the shelf and slap a Sony sticker on it.

Disgusting.

Agreed.

Whenever I argue with my Dad and [clearly win], he becomes irrational and punishes me for being a 'Smart-a***'.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
wjmelements
Posts: 8,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2009 2:52:33 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 7/24/2009 1:51:46 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 7/24/2009 1:49:55 PM, Lifeisgood wrote:
Here's the thing. Every time I see certain objects, I find myself speculating how they could be used as a weapon; their effectiveness, the type of wound they would inflict, etc. I then imagine their application in a battle, domestic uprising, or assassination.

I also find myself imagining how certain places/structures would stand up to an assault, as well as places that would be good for defense or ambush.

Does anyone else do this, or am I just obsessed with warfare?

Not the objects, but the places in warfare. I once studied a map of central Dublin on how to most effectively stop an invasion.

When I was younger, I studied a map of Russia and how to conquer it.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
Cody_Franklin
Posts: 9,483
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2009 3:26:07 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 7/24/2009 1:58:48 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 7/24/2009 1:55:46 PM, Rezzealaux wrote:
At 7/24/2009 1:53:21 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 7/24/2009 1:52:00 PM, Rezzealaux wrote:
No.

But whenever I hear teachers or parents spouting out some bullsht like how certain pens and pencils aren't allowed at school because they're weapons, I refute them in their face by saying anything could be a weapon and therefore IS a weapon; we might as well expell everyone that has big hands.

Lol, if that was the case, the lower half of my body would have to be expelled. Weapons of mass seduction down there.

Unfortunately, it isn't. Adults are inconsistent. They just say whatever they want and then stick the label of virtue on it. It's like if you go to some shanghai store to buy a DVD player, they'll ask you what brand you want, you say Sony, they'll just pull a random player off the shelf and slap a Sony sticker on it.

Disgusting.

Agreed.

Whenever I argue with my Dad and [clearly win], he becomes irrational and punishes me for being a 'Smart-a***'.

Thankfully, that doesn't happen to me; my dad usually just walks out of the room.
Lifeisgood
Posts: 295
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2009 5:44:22 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 7/24/2009 2:52:33 PM, wjmelements wrote:
Not the objects, but the places in warfare. I once studied a map of central Dublin on how to most effectively stop an invasion.

When I was younger, I studied a map of Russia and how to conquer it.

I do that too! I imagine how I would effectively move my forces, where I would re-supply, the softest areas to attack, how the opposing armies might respond, and so forth. It is so much fun.

Part of the reason I don't like playing Risk anymore is because it is so much more simple than real war.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." - Abraham Lincoln
wjmelements
Posts: 8,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2009 6:13:15 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 7/24/2009 5:44:22 PM, Lifeisgood wrote:
At 7/24/2009 2:52:33 PM, wjmelements wrote:
Not the objects, but the places in warfare. I once studied a map of central Dublin on how to most effectively stop an invasion.

When I was younger, I studied a map of Russia and how to conquer it.

I do that too! I imagine how I would effectively move my forces, where I would re-supply, the softest areas to attack, how the opposing armies might respond, and so forth. It is so much fun.

Part of the reason I don't like playing Risk anymore is because it is so much more simple than real war.

Agreed. I used to like risk. I wish Risk had more strategy in it.

I kind of like Stratego, but even it is a little shallow on strategy.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light