Who Here Cooks?

CrazyPerson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2012 2:47:28 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
<-----........____________that guy.
But we try to pretend, you see, that the external world exists altogether independently of us.
- - - Watts
The moralist is the person who tells people that they ought to be unselfish, when they still feel like egos, and his efforts are always and invariably futile.
- - - Watts
CrazyPerson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2012 2:48:47 PM
which clearly explains my opposition to vegan-tarianism.
But we try to pretend, you see, that the external world exists altogether independently of us.
- - - Watts
The moralist is the person who tells people that they ought to be unselfish, when they still feel like egos, and his efforts are always and invariably futile.
- - - Watts
tulle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2012 3:21:59 PM
I do!

I prefer to make up my own recipes though and I kind of improvise as I go. My favourite thing to make (and eat) is French toast.
yang.
CrazyPerson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2012 3:29:12 PM
At 4/24/2012 3:26:49 PM, Thaddeus wrote:
I do, but I stick to the recipes pretty closely, unless they advocate putting stupid things like raisins in stuff.

Raisins do not belong in anything except for smooth bowel movement literature and even at that - only in theory.
- - - Watts
- - - Watts
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2012 10:03:13 AM
One of my favorite things to do is have drinks and take my time trying a new recipe ^_^
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
kyro90
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2012 10:05:06 AM
You called? :3 (If you didnt get it, I cook.)
Allow me to give you my card....
Oh you cant read? Pitty. It says,
You are now holding the card of the Awesome-Steller-Second-to-none-hot-cool-funny-incredible-magical-beautious-cuddly-warm-kitty-kat-like Secretary
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2012 10:08:12 AM
At 4/24/2012 3:26:49 PM, Thaddeus wrote:
I do, but I stick to the recipes pretty closely, unless they advocate putting stupid things like raisins in stuff.

This. I'm not very experimental, but I like looking up new reecipes and trying out new things.
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2012 1:46:14 PM
I cook at my dad's restaurant. But I don't cook for myself very often. When I do, it usually some meat and vegetables.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
tulle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2012 2:07:02 PM
At 4/24/2012 9:58:58 PM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:
Does mac and cheese count?

askbob actually gave me an AMAZINGGGG mac and cheese recipe that was easy to prepare, when my parents were away for the week and my sister and I were slowly starving to death (this was before either of us would cook). I'll log on to my other account and see if I can find it.
yang.
tulle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2012 2:11:47 PM
(Courtesy of askbob, and this is why he will always have a soft spot in my heart) Mommom's Sloppy Joes

-->For 1 lb of hamburger

INGREDIENTS

*1 onion (diced)
*1/2 cup ketchup
*2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
*2 Tablespoon Applecider Vinegar
*1 Tablespoons Worchestshier sauce
*1 Tablespoon Mustard

Salt and Pepper to Taste

DIRECTIONS

1. Cook hamburger with onion and drain the fat.
2. Mix in the ketchup, brown sugar, worchestshier sauce, vinegar and
mustard.
3. Simmer for 20 mins.

**On his suggestion, I added it to Kraft Dinner mac and cheese. I used ground beef, not sure what he meant by hamburger.
yang.
Cermank
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2012 9:41:11 PM
I like cooking, but I'm an extremely moody cook. I don't like tasting my own dishes, I just like putting together a atrocious combination of ingredients. It's only for when I'm extremely upset. Sometimes I do accidently make something edible.

My favorite mess up was when I added cauliflower in Maggi noodles. Don't ever try that, word of the experiences.
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2012 10:02:05 PM
At 4/24/2012 2:48:47 PM, CrazyPerson wrote:
which clearly explains my opposition to vegan-tarianism.

Lol, I suppose I can see that in some ways, but that isn't to belie vegetarian culinary arts!

I mean, that would require you large proportions of Indian cuisine, for example, which is a no... that stuff is quite delicious.
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2012 10:04:47 PM
At 4/24/2012 3:21:59 PM, tulle wrote:
I do!

I prefer to make up my own recipes though and I kind of improvise as I go. My favourite thing to make (and eat) is French toast.

Amg, I'm exactly like that. Sometimes, though, I'll run out of ideas, and I'll look over a recipe to get some inspiration. I came up with this one steak dish as a result...

I love French Toast, but I think I'm into pancakes more.

My favorite thing to make is broiled steak with jasmine rice that has a lime squeezed in it, then soy sauce, then cilantro, fresh tomatoes, and an avocado chopped into it.

Mmmmmm, soooo good.
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2012 10:05:36 PM
At 4/25/2012 1:46:14 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
I cook at my dad's restaurant. But I don't cook for myself very often. When I do, it usually some meat and vegetables.

I've always wanted to own a restaurant...
tulle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2012 10:11:58 PM
At 4/25/2012 10:04:47 PM, Ren wrote:
I do!

Amg, I'm exactly like that. Sometimes, though, I'll run out of ideas, and I'll look over a recipe to get some inspiration. I came up with this one steak dish as a result...

Nice! I do that as well. I don't typically follow recipes to a tee.

Blasphemy!

I don't have an exact measurement (like I said, I make most of it up as I go along) but make French toast like this and then thank me later:

Mash up 1 ripe banana with a bit of milk, maybe 1/4 cup or so. (The riper the banana, the better I think.) Add 3 eggs, one at a time, beating. Add vanilla (maybe a tablespoon? I dunno) and cinnamon (ehh maybe a tablespoon of that too or something). Soak the bread in it and cook on a low-med heat and voila! C'est magnifique ^_^

Other than French toast, I'm a huge waffle fan. We have a waffle iron and I enjoy trying out new waffle recipes. Waffles and French Toast > pancake all day err-day :p

My favorite thing to make is broiled steak with jasmine rice that has a lime squeezed in it, then soy sauce, then cilantro, fresh tomatoes, and an avocado chopped into it.

Mmmmmm, soooo good.

Don't make me cry, I'm trying to give up meat!
yang.
tulle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2012 10:13:50 PM
At 4/25/2012 10:11:58 PM, tulle wrote:

Mash up 1 ripe banana with a bit of milk, maybe 1/4 cup or so. (The riper the banana, the better I think.) Add 3 eggs, one at a time, beating. Add vanilla (maybe a tablespoon? I dunno) and cinnamon (ehh maybe a tablespoon of that too or something). Soak the bread in it and cook on a low-med heat and voila! C'est magnifique ^_^

Oh, and when I have the banana and milk together, I blend it with a hand-held to get rid of lumps.
yang.
CrazyPerson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2012 10:14:55 PM
I do!

Blasphemy!

I don't have an exact measurement (like I said, I make most of it up as I go along) but make French toast like this and then thank me later:

Other than French toast, I'm a huge waffle fan. We have a waffle iron and I enjoy trying out new waffle recipes. Waffles and French Toast > pancake all day err-day :p

mais qu'en est-crêpes?

Mmmmmm, soooo good.

Don't make me cry, I'm trying to give up meat!
- - - Watts
- - - Watts
tulle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2012 10:19:42 PM
At 4/25/2012 10:14:55 PM, CrazyPerson wrote:

mais qu'en est-crêpes?

Crepes sont tres delicieux mais, jamais, je n'ai pas les fait. Yikes, this is what my A in French got me :p
yang.
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2012 10:26:58 PM
I do!

Blasphemy!

Mmmmmmm, I am going to try that.

Well, actually, my story is pretty similar for pancakes. I go for that Aunt Jemima. Sooooo fluffy and perfect. Oh man, some days, with some perfectly cooked, crispy-but-not-burned bacon, and some jam... and two over-medium eggs... oh, man. Perfect start to a lumberjackin' day.

Matter of fact, let me see... I know I have some remnants of such conquest somewhere...

Ah-HA!

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net...

Oh, man.

That was... that was glorious...

I'm tearing up...

Me and waffles go wayyy back. First of all, there was when I lived with my mother. I was pudgy because of waffles. And butter. And preserves.

And then, there was one of the universities I attended -- cafeteria had classic, well-made waffle makers that they kept pristine and held to some degree of reverence. The waffles they produced were epic.
tulle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2012 10:33:52 PM
At 4/25/2012 10:26:58 PM, Ren wrote:

Mmmmmmm, I am going to try that.

Well, actually, my story is pretty similar for pancakes. I go for that Aunt Jemima. Sooooo fluffy and perfect. Oh man, some days, with some perfectly cooked, crispy-but-not-burned bacon, and some jam... and two over-medium eggs... oh, man. Perfect start to a lumberjackin' day.

Oh I thought it went without saying that you would have the French Toast with syrup (I'm Canadian, you see, so I put that sh!t on everything).

Matter of fact, let me see... I know I have some remnants of such conquest somewhere...

Ah-HA!

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net...

But Um, I officially hate you. That looks sooooo good. I could make love to bacon. And those pancakes do look good. And eggs over hard are my favourite... okay, let me stop now.

Oh, man.

That was... that was glorious...

I'm tearing up...

Me and waffles go wayyy back. First of all, there was when I lived with my mother. I was pudgy because of waffles. And butter. And preserves.

lmfao!! We got the waffle maker at Christmas and I gained 10 pounds during the holidays because of it... I didn't eat much of anything else so I know the waffles were the culprit.

And then, there was one of the universities I attended -- cafeteria had classic, well-made waffle makers that they kept pristine and held to some degree of reverence. The waffles they produced were epic.

Ughhh and the great thing about waffles is that you can eat them at any time of the day, and with fruits and/or ice cream for dessert. Sigh.
yang.
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2012 10:49:53 PM
I can make pretty good pancakes, with blueberries, chocolate chips, and some added sugar.

Besides my great pancakes, I can make toast and sandwiches. Nothing else yet.
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
Deathbeforedishonour
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2012 11:05:59 PM
I do! :)
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." ~ John 1:1

Matthew 10:22- "And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved."
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2012 12:07:07 AM
All women cook....
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015