Jump to topic:

Which is more scary?

CrazyPerson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2012 3:32:56 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Say you enter the bathroom and draw the shower curtain to find a naked human hunched up in the corner of your shower. As the figure turns to look at you, is it more scary to find that they have all-black eyes or all-white?
But we try to pretend, you see, that the external world exists altogether independently of us.
- - - Watts
The moralist is the person who tells people that they ought to be unselfish, when they still feel like egos, and his efforts are always and invariably futile.
- - - Watts
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2012 3:50:33 PM
All white would make me think they were blind. All black would make me think they were supernatural. The latter is much more frightening.

Are you writing a horror story?
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Sans_the_Ander
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2012 3:52:38 PM
At 4/24/2012 3:32:56 PM, CrazyPerson wrote:
Say you enter the bathroom and draw the shower curtain to find a naked human hunched up in the corner of your shower. As the figure turns to look at you, is it more scary to find that they have all-black eyes or all-white?

None of the above. All red would creep me out the most
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2012 3:54:57 PM
I think both although personally I think you can use the color of white, which is generally associated with innocence and good and so forth, in sinister ways--a form in white walking in the middle of the night (see 1:23 and then on to the disappearance of the figure) to create some atmosphere.

(--->)
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
CrazyPerson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2012 3:59:03 PM
This is actually relevant to a costume design i am helping prepare. It is important you do not know the details, because it will alter your standpoint.
But we try to pretend, you see, that the external world exists altogether independently of us.
- - - Watts
The moralist is the person who tells people that they ought to be unselfish, when they still feel like egos, and his efforts are always and invariably futile.
- - - Watts
smc_gamer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2012 8:41:02 PM
I'd read the Genre Savvy-ness guide to Horror Movies and proceed to put as much distance between myself and the general area as I possibly could.
"If good things lasted forever, would we appreciate how precious they are?"
-Hobbes
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2012 9:33:13 PM
See, I carry a shotgun with me whenever I take a shower, so before it could even look at me, it would feel several rounds of buckshot course through its body.

Also, would the naked person be female? :D
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2012 10:03:11 PM
White, especially if you're doing a costume.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
CrazyPerson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2012 11:14:11 PM
At 4/24/2012 9:33:13 PM, OberHerr wrote:
See, I carry a shotgun with me whenever I take a shower, so before it could even look at me, it would feel several rounds of buckshot course through its body.

Maybe, but she'd be like 11 if she were.
- - - Watts
- - - Watts
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2012 11:35:38 PM
http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net...

At 4/24/2012 11:14:11 PM, CrazyPerson wrote:
At 4/24/2012 9:33:13 PM, OberHerr wrote:

Maybe, but she'd be like 11 if she were.
kfc
1dustpelt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2012 6:23:59 PM
Neither. I'd be like "Get the fvck out of my property before I call the police!"
Wall of LOL
"Infanticide is justified as long as the infants are below two" ~ RoyalPaladin
"Promoting female superiority is the only way to establish equality." ~ RoyalPaladin
"Jury trials should be banned. They're nothing more than opportunities for racists to destroy lives." ~ RoyalPaladin after the Zimmerman Trial.