I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2009 9:14:47 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
RULES:

(Modified KRF rules)

1. All votes must be in bold to be counted. You have three options: vote [name], unvote, or no lynch. Vote [name] is a vote to lynch said player. Unvote removes an active vote [name] or no lynch vote. No lynch is a vote to end the day without lynching.

2. A greater than 50% unanimity must be reached during a day phase in order to carry out a lynch or no lynch. They day phase officially ends when I declare it as such. I will declare the end of a day phase as soon as I am online and able to confirm a majority vote. So, for example, if a majority vote is reached during the day, but someone retracts their vote before I declare the day's end, then the day continues. This very thing occurred in the previous game and I wanted to make this clear with everyone from the start.

3. Players must not discuss the game outside of the day phase threads and private PMs I have started. I will be included in all PMs between privileged parties. If you, as a player, are invited to a PM under the pretence that it is "official," confirm that I am on the list of recipients. If not, report those players immediately. The penalty for violating this rule is immediate mod killing.

4. Dead players are not permitted to participate in the game, including both private PMs and the day phase treads. I will let uninformative comments slide such as, "Avenge me, townies!" However, if you reveal information that gives a demonstrable edge to either side, I will punish the party to which you were affiliated. For instance, if you were mafia, were killed, and said something too revealing from your grave, then the mafia will lose their next night phase. The same goes for townies.

5. No copying and pasting from private PMs between you and me.

6. Be courteous to your fellow players. This game loses fun if you are inconsiderate to others, whether by direct abuse or simply by not showing up. This game is most fun when players… well… play. If you have to be gone for a day or two, let your fellow players know.

7. You may communicate with me directly via the PMs I started with you when you were first invited. Also, please use these for your night phase actions so I don't have to keep track of brand new PM threads all the time.

8. This game will start with the Day Phase, so everyone listed below is alive and well.

9. Some of you have roles in this game. There are no rules against revealing these roles, but be warned, doing so early in the game could have devastating consequences.

10. To avoid this game going on for months, there will be phase limits. Each day phase has a 14 day limit. Each night phase has a 4 day limit. Day phases that reach the limit end in a no lynch (Subject to my judgement). Night phases that reach the limit will cause actions not submitted to be forfeit. These limits are flexible and can be changed pending special circumstances.

11. The townies win when all mafia are eliminated. The mafia wins as soon as they meet or beat the townies in number.

12. I WILL screw with you.

13. You cannot reveal your character, only your role

====================================================

Active Players:
#3. WJMElements
#4. Mongoose
#5. Nags!
#6. Deadleaves
#7. JBlake
#8. Rezzealaux
#9. Vi_Veri
#10. theLwerd
#11. Sportsguru
#12. mongeese
#13. AnimeFanTony
#14. Pmcbrown
#15. KRFournier
#16. Ragnar_Rahl
#17. ToastOfDestiny
#18. untitled_entity
#19. ccstate4peat
#20.theitalianstallion
#21. dvhoose

Dead players:
#1. Clockwork (Role Unknown)
#2. Logical Master (Jester [Evil Kenivel], Had to correctly identify the Politician and Godfather before eh could win. He won by being lynched)

MAP: http://www.debate.org...

====== 2) =======

Vesro swirled and moved about Thornshire. He didn't bother taking in the sites, he had seen them too many times, at least for his liking. He reformed in a back alley behind the Pub known as the Broken Shield. He had business.

It wasn't exactly Day, nor was it Night. It was the purple haze between the times. Vesro, though he liked being decisive and planned, enjoyed a time where nothing was quite decisive. At least something that was out of his control.

He stepped silently up the alley until he saw who he wanted. A man, with a black cloak covering him completely, topped of by a black mask. Even the Count had no idea of where he came from, but didn't care about him. He didn't run a smuggling empire, and often got things no-one else could. He was an asset, albeit one that disobeyed the law. Then, another figure appeared. The one who he had targeted. She approached the cloak man cautiously.

"What are ye buyin'?" He asked

The figure went to pick out a number of things. ironic that they would never be used. He didn't want to annoy the seller, so he allowed the transaction to take place.

"What are ye sellin'?" He then asked

Or, what he would have asked if Vesro hadn't moved with an incomparable swiftness halfway through his sentence. With an agile leap, he took the figure and in seconds the landed in a bunch of desolate buildings.To onlookers, it wasn't even a blur. The figure, non descript in terms of gender due to it's clothing, had a sheer look of terror. The eyes soon faltered and fell away to nothingness. Vesro had slit its throat silently. A man then appeared, in dirty garments.

"Due your business" He said, with a hint of regret

"He he he, indeed" Responded the man with dirty grey hair matted onto his forehead. he scooped up the body and brought it into a building. Vesro felt, for the first time something close to emotion. Sure, he had killed the formless creatures that came through the portals by accident, and unlawful townspeople, but nothing purely for humour. He then drifted off back to the castle.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Broken was full to the brim. Normally, it would be modestly full, but the arrival of nearly two dozen new people overwhelmed Thornville. In the corner, a man covered in a white cloth sat silently. He was watching excessively. the Bartender had no time to kick him out, but he was wasting serious space. And he kept looking at a bag he had. He was overtly strange, but probably a key asset in this blood game the Count was playing.

Then, a drunk man approached him.

" Hey bud, can oi have that there seat"

The man became alert in an instant and left immediately. Many people laughed at the act, many were confused, but it passed and joyous times continued. The man stepped outside and slung his bag over his shoulder. Focus and relax
, he thought. Then, his target appeared and he moved swiftly. He whacked his target over the head with his bag. The man fell and was finished of by a taut string. The man then ran to the woods. And ran.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Count ate alone in the banquet hall utnil Vesro appeared through the heavy doors. He sat silently beside the count.

"Is it done?" asked Alcywiz

"Yes, and they have killed the man you made suicidal"

"Hah, well, I didn't see that coming, but indeed it's a score for both sides, the majority especially. "

"Yes, especially" Responded Vesro, who left promptly, shaken by the events. No amount of training could prepare him for this. It was happening and he was about to get sick

===============================================

Vote Count:

Vi-Veri: 1 (Italianstallion) 9 more votes needed
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2009 9:27:04 AM
Whaddya know, Lwerd survived the first night phase. That's a first.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Logical-Master
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2009 9:31:00 AM
lol, my apathy must've made it obvious. Still, it's hard to care when even my success wouldn't really impact the game. :(

And I take it you're not going to be revealing who or what killed me?
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2009 9:44:18 AM
At 7/27/2009 9:31:00 AM, Logical-Master wrote:
lol, my apathy must've made it obvious. Still, it's hard to care when even my success wouldn't really impact the game. :(

Oh sorry, You were killed by Mafia.
Logical-Master
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2009 9:47:47 AM
At 7/27/2009 9:44:18 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 7/27/2009 9:31:00 AM, Logical-Master wrote:

Oh sorry, You were killed by Mafia.

Then it's pretty clear as to who is in the mafia. ;)

Later.
Rezzealaux
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2009 10:25:03 AM
Why do we not get to see Clock's role?
: If you weren't new here, you'd know not to feed me such attention. This is like an orgasm in my brain right now. *hehe, my name is in a title, hehe* (http://www.debate.org...)

Just in case I get into some BS with FREEDO again about how he's NOT a narcissist.

"The law is there to destroy evil under the constitutional government."
So... what's there to destroy evil inside of and above the constitutional government?
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2009 10:55:27 AM
At 7/27/2009 10:28:25 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
I have to keep my mouth shut. Consider it amongst yerselves.

Hmm...

Upon examining Panda's mafia website (http://ddomafia.blogspot.com...), I have concluded that the only reason we wouldn't know a player's role is if there is a Janitor. According to the site, the role of Janitor is:

Mafia Janitor: Prevents the towns from knowing the dead persons role.

Which is cheap, because we have no means to know whether Clockwork was the doctor or mafia.

If he was mafia, then we still have a doctor, but have no means of which to know that we have one to protect the cop (the only way we could find out would result in the death of our real doctor), so the cop cannot reveal.
If he was the doctor, then the cop obviously cannot reveal.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
Clockwork
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2009 11:24:55 AM
Consider this my exiting soliloquy.

Firstly, seeing as I was lynched, the janitor role wouldn't work. Panda is just messing with us.

Secondly, the town should be wary as you'll have to trust me that protection can no longer be offered.

Finally, I urge the town to look back at yesterday's happenings to move forward in terms of lynchings. Good night.
Felonial Disenfranchisement: http://www.debate.org...
Poverty v. Environmental Protection: http://www.debate.org...
On God and Free Will: http://www.debate.org...
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2009 11:27:43 AM
At 7/27/2009 11:24:55 AM, Clockwork wrote:

Firstly, seeing as I was lynched, the janitor role wouldn't work. Panda is just messing with us.

Secondly, the town should be wary as you'll have to trust me that protection can no longer be offered.

Finally, I urge the town to look back at yesterday's happenings to move forward in terms of lynchings. Good night.

Oh-ho-ho-wo-ho-ho-wo. Don't underestimate me.
mongoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2009 11:41:53 AM
Why did Vi_Veri start with a vote for theitalianstallion?
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2009 11:52:35 AM
At 7/27/2009 11:41:53 AM, mongoose wrote:
Why did Vi_Veri start with a vote for theitalianstallion?

Politician:

http://www.mafiascum.net...
Vi_Veri
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2009 12:00:08 PM
I'll leave it to being too early in the game for the politician to have a good idea.
I could give a f about no haters as long as my ishes love me.
Vi_Veri
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2009 12:01:04 PM
lol thank you for your insight -- I agree with you ; ) For that, I may re-evaluate you : )
I could give a f about no haters as long as my ishes love me.
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2009 12:02:32 PM
At 7/27/2009 11:24:55 AM, Clockwork wrote:

That's interesting. I don't see another reasn why Panda wouldn't specify the role though.
Does anyone out there that has more experience than me have any idea why we can't see Clockwork's role?
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2009 12:09:42 PM
At 7/27/2009 12:08:32 PM, ccstate4peat wrote:
There is no reason for Clockwork's role to not be revealed

Well then it should have been revealed. Are you sure that the Janitor role doesn't work on lynchings? Or that there is possibly a townie equivalent of the Janitor?
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2009 12:10:53 PM
Well, if someone gets penalized for Clockwork's speech, we'll know his role more or less >_>
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2009 12:15:22 PM
At 7/27/2009 12:13:50 PM, ccstate4peat wrote:
There should be some role that can reveal the roles of any dead person.

Unnecessary. The roles of dead people are always revealed. http://www.debate.org...
dvhoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2009 12:20:31 PM
I'm gonna write not knowing Clockworks role as Panda messing with us. A janitor would only take effect during the night, and seeing as there was no night phase to jan someone, that doesn't make sense. Panda told us he would mess with us, and i think this is an example of this.
ccstate4peat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2009 12:24:52 PM
At 7/27/2009 12:15:22 PM, wjmelements wrote:

Unnecessary. The roles of dead people are always revealed. http://www.debate.org...

If there is a janitor, from my experience, 90% of the time, there is a mortician.
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2009 12:25:36 PM
At 7/27/2009 12:24:52 PM, ccstate4peat wrote:

If there is a janitor, from my experience, 90% of the time, there is a mortician.

I'll take your word for it.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2009 12:27:14 PM
At 7/27/2009 12:24:52 PM, ccstate4peat wrote:

Lol, if there was a janitor, the mortician would just undo his effects.
ccstate4peat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2009 12:36:24 PM
The janitor can only jan someone once, and there are generally no reveals, this is example of the a setup with it http://www.epicmafia.com.... If mortician reveals themselves, they will be killed during the night because doc will protect cop instead of mortician.
ccstate4peat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2009 12:41:19 PM
mortician could be under a different name for this game. mortician is just what it is called on the site that I usually play mafia games on.