Total Posts:21|Showing Posts:1-21
Jump to topic:

What if race did not exist?

1dustpelt
Posts: 1,970
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2012 9:18:30 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
It would solve half of our problems
Wall of LOL
"Infanticide is justified as long as the infants are below two" ~ RoyalPaladin
"Promoting female superiority is the only way to establish equality." ~ RoyalPaladin
"Jury trials should be banned. They're nothing more than opportunities for racists to destroy lives." ~ RoyalPaladin after the Zimmerman Trial.
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2012 9:32:27 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/3/2012 9:18:30 PM, 1dustpelt wrote:
It would solve half of our problems

I doubt it. People of the same or similar races fight and go to war with one another all the time.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
imabench
Posts: 21,216
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2012 9:33:35 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/3/2012 9:18:30 PM, 1dustpelt wrote:
It would solve half of our problems

half? sh*t it would solve 90% of the problems and Trayvon Martin would still be alive
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
UnStupendousMan
Posts: 3,475
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2012 9:34:44 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/3/2012 9:33:35 PM, imabench wrote:
At 5/3/2012 9:18:30 PM, 1dustpelt wrote:
It would solve half of our problems

half? sh*t it would solve 90% of the problems and Trayvon Martin would still be alive

And the Trayvon controversy wouldn't have erupted. However, I agree with Royal; race is a construct. But people like to discriminate any way they can.
imabench
Posts: 21,216
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2012 9:36:44 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Obama's approval ratings would jump 10% if he was white according to this that I found

http://www.debate.org...
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Ren
Posts: 7,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2012 10:18:16 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/3/2012 9:37:57 PM, tulle wrote:
I think the concept of beauty is more detrimental to society than the concept of race.

O.O

Flabbergasted.
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2012 10:21:20 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/3/2012 9:37:57 PM, tulle wrote:
I think the concept of beauty is more detrimental to society than the concept of race.

+1
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
tulle
Posts: 4,445
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2012 10:53:18 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/3/2012 10:18:16 PM, Ren wrote:
At 5/3/2012 9:37:57 PM, tulle wrote:
I think the concept of beauty is more detrimental to society than the concept of race.

O.O

Flabbergasted.

Why?
yang.
johnnyboy54
Posts: 6,362
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2012 10:59:36 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/3/2012 9:18:30 PM, 1dustpelt wrote:
It would solve half of our problems

No it wouldn't. People would find something something else they can use to kill each other.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
johnnyboy54
Posts: 6,362
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2012 11:00:26 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/3/2012 9:37:57 PM, tulle wrote:
I think the concept of beauty is more detrimental to society than the concept of race.

How so?
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2012 11:04:29 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/3/2012 11:00:26 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 5/3/2012 9:37:57 PM, tulle wrote:
I think the concept of beauty is more detrimental to society than the concept of race.

How so?

I'd say because there's more discrimination between ugly and beautiful people then of people of different races. It's perfectly socially acceptable to insult those who are ugly. It's very unacceptably to insult those based on race in modern society.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
johnnyboy54
Posts: 6,362
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2012 11:08:13 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/3/2012 11:04:29 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 5/3/2012 11:00:26 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 5/3/2012 9:37:57 PM, tulle wrote:
I think the concept of beauty is more detrimental to society than the concept of race.

How so?

I'd say because there's more discrimination between ugly and beautiful people then of people of different races. It's perfectly socially acceptable to insult those who are ugly. It's very unacceptably to insult those based on race in modern society.

I get your point, but I heard of ugly people rising up against the beautiful people. While there is sure to have been persecution and violence against ugly people, it has been far worse for people who have been discriminated or hurt because of their race.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
tulle
Posts: 4,445
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2012 11:08:42 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/3/2012 11:04:29 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 5/3/2012 11:00:26 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 5/3/2012 9:37:57 PM, tulle wrote:
I think the concept of beauty is more detrimental to society than the concept of race.

How so?

I'd say because there's more discrimination between ugly and beautiful people then of people of different races. It's perfectly socially acceptable to insult those who are ugly. It's very unacceptably to insult those based on race in modern society.

This. There are multiple studies on how people perceive ugly people as bad and beautiful people as good. Even children have this bias. A ton of discrimination is based on physical attractiveness and it's still somehow socially acceptable. It's an unfair advantage that nobody really challenges.
yang.
tulle
Posts: 4,445
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2012 11:19:58 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/3/2012 11:08:13 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 5/3/2012 11:04:29 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 5/3/2012 11:00:26 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 5/3/2012 9:37:57 PM, tulle wrote:
I think the concept of beauty is more detrimental to society than the concept of race.

How so?

I'd say because there's more discrimination between ugly and beautiful people then of people of different races. It's perfectly socially acceptable to insult those who are ugly. It's very unacceptably to insult those based on race in modern society.

I get your point, but I heard of ugly people rising up against the beautiful people. While there is sure to have been persecution and violence against ugly people, it has been far worse for people who have been discriminated or hurt because of their race.

Well if you look at conflicts between (and within) some races, they really boil down to beauty.
yang.
Ren
Posts: 7,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2012 11:24:46 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/3/2012 10:53:18 PM, tulle wrote:
At 5/3/2012 10:18:16 PM, Ren wrote:
At 5/3/2012 9:37:57 PM, tulle wrote:
I think the concept of beauty is more detrimental to society than the concept of race.

O.O

Flabbergasted.

Why?

Because, people aren't nearly as judgmental as you're making them out to be.

You keep yourself in shape, maintain hygiene, dress well, and assert a confident attitude, and you will be considered at least generally attractive. Even the buttafaces get love. In fact, even the big girls that keep themselves together get love. It's all in how you work it.

On the other hand, there's race, and I'm just not in the mood to type any more manifestos. I mean, really. It is what it is, as obvious as pollution and prostitution, take it or leave it.
tulle
Posts: 4,445
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2012 11:29:33 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/3/2012 11:24:46 PM, Ren wrote:
At 5/3/2012 10:53:18 PM, tulle wrote:
At 5/3/2012 10:18:16 PM, Ren wrote:
At 5/3/2012 9:37:57 PM, tulle wrote:
I think the concept of beauty is more detrimental to society than the concept of race.

O.O

Flabbergasted.

Why?

Because, people aren't nearly as judgmental as you're making them out to be.


But they are. I'll link you to a few studies when I'm not on my phone.

You keep yourself in shape, maintain hygiene, dress well, and assert a confident attitude, and you will be considered at least generally attractive. Even the buttafaces get love. In fact, even the big girls that keep themselves together get love. It's all in how you work it.

On the other hand, there's race, and I'm just not in the mood to type any more manifestos. I mean, really. It is what it is, as obvious as pollution and prostitution, take it or leave it.

You think beauty and race are mutually exclusive? Are the stereotypical traits of one race not the norm for what is attractive? Eliminating the concept of beauty would eliminate a lot of the hostility between races.
yang.
Wallstreetatheist
Posts: 7,132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2012 11:56:58 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I think race is a pretty cool guy. Eh helps pick slaves and doesnt afraid of anything.
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
lewis20
Posts: 5,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2012 12:05:18 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
There's always something, there was a story I read once when I was younger about a teacher who told her students that kids with blue eyes were smarter and nicer than those with brown. It was a whole big read but an interesting experiment showing that we'll find something to discriminate based on and that perceived differences only exist, for the most part, because of how we are taught/raised.
http://topdocumentaryfilms.com...
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler