Jump to topic:

What are the odds?

TheDiabolicDebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2012 8:30:20 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I was going for a run today when a bug hit me right in the eye. Naturally, I recoiled and shut my eye lids tightly. It hurt like hell, so I went home and tried to rinse it out.

It started to feel better until about an hour later when I made a very slight adjustment while rubbing my eye lid. The pain came back so I went into the bathroom to rinse it out again, but this time more thoroughly. In doing so, I dislodged a very small, and very dead bug from underneath my eye lid. Seriously, wtf?

But enough about me, how was your day?
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2012 8:33:49 PM
Well I swallowed two bugs today. Didn't get any stuck in my eye though...
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
Chrysippus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2012 3:34:10 PM
At 5/15/2012 8:30:20 PM, TheDiabolicDebater wrote:
I was going for a run today when a bug hit me right in the eye. Naturally, I recoiled and shut my eye lids tightly. It hurt like hell, so I went home and tried to rinse it out.

It started to feel better until about an hour later when I made a very slight adjustment while rubbing my eye lid. The pain came back so I went into the bathroom to rinse it out again, but this time more thoroughly. In doing so, I dislodged a very small, and very dead bug from underneath my eye lid. Seriously, wtf?

But enough about me, how was your day?

The probability that a bug will get stuck under your eyelid today is now one.

Before that, it was a million-to-one; which is to say, a sure thing. 1:999,999 is far more unlikely.
Cavete mea inexorabilis legiones mimus!
PeacefulChaos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2012 6:45:39 PM
At 5/15/2012 8:32:08 PM, FREEDO wrote:
How odd, I got stuff caught in my eyes three times today.

Synchronicity, my friend.

Actually, it's even, not odd.