Jump to topic:

Opinions and thoughts...

MasterKage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2012 12:48:51 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Opinions and thoughts... On my Shakespeare authorship paper I just finshed moments ago. If you can that would help quite a bit... ;)

It is debated, in the Shakespearean works, that an actual Shakespeare was not the one to have written "Shakespeare's" plays, and that instead them is more factual evidence that a different person wrote them. There are several alternate candidates to have been suspected to have written the plays. In this paper, however, I will support the fact that Francis Bacon wrote the actual
Works.

To begin, I will introduce and support three arguments for the fact that Bacon *did* write "Shakespeare's" plays. Afterwards, I will introduce the lack of evidence for the writer of the plays to have been Shakespeare.

Firstly, there have been numerous Bacon signatures discovered throughout the printed Shakespeare works. This could mean numerous things. However, it heavily suggests the use of Bacon using Shakespeare as a pseudonym, which would easily explain the hidden signatures as a way to actually credit himself without publicly doing so. The only other possible conclusion to this is that Bacon and an actual Shakespeare together wrote the play, although Bacon was most likely using Shakespeare as a figurehead to produce the plays.

Secondly, Bacon was referred to by friends as a ‘concealed poet' and the ‘precious gem of concealed literature'. This also hints at the fact that Bacon either used William Shakespeare as a pseudonym, or as a figurehead to be published under an actual Shakespeare, rather than publishing it under his own name, especially since there were several reasons for doing this in the time period Bacon lived. The most well-known reason for attempting both of these tasks is that that if a play that would not normally be accepted by the public, it would tarnish the playwright's reputation, and so by using a pseudonym, this would be avoided.

Lastly, the Shakespeare Memorial at Stratford-upon-Avon describes two Shakespeare's. The Latin lines at the top of the inscription describe Shakespeare in words that uniquely describe Francis Bacon – as a great statesman, judge, philosopher, and scholar-poet. The last two lines in Latin note the age and date of death of the actor Shakespeare.

In addition, Bacon's life spans the entire Shakespeare period, from Shakespeare's birth to his death. Bacon was born in the year of 1561, while Shakespeare was recorded to have been born on 1564. Bacon's death was reported to occur on the year of 1626, while Shakespeare's death was recorded to happen on 1616.

Now, I will introduce the lack of evidence attributed to Shakespeare having written the plays.

Firstly, there are no recorded records that Shakespeare even had *any* education at all. Several biographers believe that Shakespeare was educated at King's New School at Stratford. However, considering there are no attendance records – or any records – showing that Shakespeare ever attended the school, the fact that he attended any school is purely speculation.

Secondly, there have been few actual historical records regarding Shakespeare, and of those none hold adequate proof to determine that Shakespeare *actually* wrote the plays that is attributed to him. The majority of documents discovered that pertain to Shakespeare encompass tax documents, property forms, and letters.

So, from the above evidence, two possible explanations can be given: The first, and most likely, being that there *was* an actual person named William Shakespeare. However, he was not the one to have written the plays that are attributed to him; rather Francis Bacon used him to avoid tarnishing his own reputation.

The second possible explanation is that Bacon used the pseudonym "William Shakespeare" to hide his true identity to prevent his reputation from being tarnished from the public.

Thus, with the above evidence, I believe that there is more than enough to conclude that Francis Bacon did indeed write "Shakespeare's" plays.
This signature is full of timey wimey wibbly wobbly stuff...