Jump to topic:

Kids

pilch
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2012 11:39:11 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
kids should be in school for most of the day starting 730am finish at 7.30pm monday to saturday reduce school holidays too one per year and if kds are not well behaved they should have no holidays. kids should be in doors by 8pm. i am so brassed off with the noise they make when me a hard worke wants to relax and all i can hear ae kids in the street. Kids are annoying. they really shouldbe taken out of society till thy are 18
HOWEVER
Kids should b able to get paid for going to school if they were given a good bit of money surely truancy would be none existant. kids should be given options of what they wish to learn. theres nothing nicer to hear kids out playing in the street laughing and messing about playig there fantasy games so schoo hours should be decreased 9am - 13.00pm
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2012 11:48:01 AM
At 6/2/2012 11:39:11 AM, pilch wrote:
kids should be in school for most of the day starting 730am finish at 7.30pm monday to saturday reduce school holidays too one per year and if kds are not well behaved they should have no holidays. kids should be in doors by 8pm. i am so brassed off with the noise they make when me a hard worke wants to relax and all i can hear ae kids in the street. Kids are annoying. they really shouldbe taken out of society till thy are 18
HOWEVER
Kids should b able to get paid for going to school if they were given a good bit of money surely truancy would be none existant. kids should be given options of what they wish to learn. theres nothing nicer to hear kids out playing in the street laughing and messing about playig there fantasy games so schoo hours should be decreased 9am - 13.00pm

Is this supposed to be two conflicting opinions? If not, I'd really like to see how you propose the school day should start 7:30 AM and 9 AM. Also, what's 13:00 PM?
'When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.' - John 16:13
pilch
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2012 11:58:12 AM
At 6/2/2012 11:48:01 AM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
At 6/2/2012 11:39:11 AM, pilch wrote:
HOWEVER

Is this supposed to be two conflicting opinions? If not, I'd really like to see how you propose the school day should start 7:30 AM and 9 AM. Also, what's 13:00 PM?

2 conflicting opinions mate 13.00 is 1pm
i was taking over with a pal he likes the top opinion whilst im lieing the latter
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2012 12:10:49 PM
At 6/2/2012 11:58:12 AM, pilch wrote:
2 conflicting opinions mate 13.00 is 1pm
i was taking over with a pal he likes the top opinion whilst im lieing the latter

Sorry, it confused me because it said 13:00 PM and I was like what?

Anyway, I think both opinions are a bit extreme. Like, I don't think kids should be paid to go to school (especially since schools provide a service other people pay to receive) but I don't think the school day should be increased significantly, holidays should be reduced, or that there should be a curfew. In fact, my first debate on this site was against a curfew for kids under 18.
'When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.' - John 16:13
pilch
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2012 12:23:56 PM
opinion one pilches mate = hi again dont you think kids have it easy these days they dont have much to be responsible for they go to school ome home and mess about whats the point in that if kids spent more time at school and have a curfew time the petty crime rates will go down
pilch = kids should have a bt of fun i think less schooling and more social scholing would be more benneficial to society in later lufe
p.s thanks for your reply
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2012 12:29:32 PM
At 6/2/2012 12:23:56 PM, pilch wrote:
opinion one pilches mate = hi again dont you think kids have it easy these days they dont have much to be responsible for they go to school ome home and mess about whats the point in that if kids spent more time at school and have a curfew time the petty crime rates will go down
pilch = kids should have a bt of fun i think less schooling and more social scholing would be more benneficial to society in later lufe
p.s thanks for your reply

I do agree some kids do have it easy. However, I have spent a lot of my childhood in very high-pressure school districts (all American schools, both in the States and the UK) and some kids work HARD and are mature as any adult. Those kids are fine.

Sure some kids are problems, and they do need some sort of remedy. However, you can't blanket all children as issues. And you are only young once.

This isn't terrific, but you may want to read this: http://www.debate.org... (Shameless self-advertising).