Jump to topic:

The condition of DDO

PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2012 2:25:15 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Is it me or is DDO in the worst shape it's ever been?

I come on DDO less and less, and when I do, I'm disappointed.

Discuss.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2012 2:26:59 PM
It will always be in worse and worse shape. Just like how our nation will never be as good as it was during the "good old days".
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2012 2:29:20 PM
At 6/7/2012 2:26:59 PM, darkkermit wrote:
It will always be in worse and worse shape. Just like how our nation will never be as good as it was during the "good old days".

I agree. I've been here for six months or so and I have seen it be really good and really bad. DDO is only as good as the people who are here and contributing so perhaps you should contribute more, paradigm ;)
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2012 2:30:01 PM
I guess so... It is possible it's me. I don't feel nearly as interested as before. Meh.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2012 2:32:12 PM
At 6/7/2012 2:25:15 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:

Discuss.

I have no basis of comparison. Go back to doing debates. Is there a topic you want to debate about?
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2012 2:34:16 PM
At 6/7/2012 2:30:01 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
I guess so... It is possible it's me. I don't feel nearly as interested as before. Meh.

I get ya. People go over the same topics over and over again and rehash them. It's pretty much the reason I barely ever post in politics or religion anymore. That can get old. So, I can't say I blame you entirely for your lack of interest.

It's always rewarding when a good convo goes on though. That's what I stay for. I wish you were around more too. I noticed you have been in and out less frequently.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2012 2:34:25 PM
At 6/7/2012 2:29:20 PM, Oryus wrote:

I agree. I've been here for six months or so and I have seen it be really good and really bad. DDO is only as good as the people who are here and contributing so perhaps you should contribute more, paradigm ;):

Well, part of the problem is that I've been pursuing other interests more vigorously which is occupying a lot of time. When I do show up I look at the asinine topics of as of late and almost vomit.

But you're worth showing up! Lets go cyber make-out behind a dumpster :)
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2012 2:35:25 PM
At 6/7/2012 2:34:25 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:

I agree. I've been here for six months or so and I have seen it be really good and really bad. DDO is only as good as the people who are here and contributing so perhaps you should contribute more, paradigm ;):

Well, part of the problem is that I've been pursuing other interests more vigorously which is occupying a lot of time. When I do show up I look at the asinine topics of as of late and almost vomit.

YES! That's the spirit! lol
:
tulle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2012 2:36:01 PM
At 6/7/2012 2:34:16 PM, Oryus wrote:
At 6/7/2012 2:30:01 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:

I get ya. People go over the same topics over and over again and rehash them. It's pretty much the reason I barely ever post in politics or religion anymore. That can get old. So, I can't say I blame you entirely for your lack of interest.

It's always rewarding when a good convo goes on though. That's what I stay for. I wish you were around more too. I noticed you have been in and out less frequently.

I agree.

I also find myself spending less and less time in the forums, especially Politics and Religion. I would like to vote on debates but I don't have voting privileges yet. Working on it.
yang.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2012 2:36:49 PM
At 6/7/2012 2:32:12 PM, drafterman wrote:

Discuss.

I have no basis of comparison. Go back to doing debates. Is there a topic you want to debate about?:

Between full-time work, part-time school, family of 4, and a part-time band, I definitely don't have time for debates. And it's very disheartening to spend a long time composing a well thought out debate only to have it votebombed by n00bs.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2012 2:39:28 PM
It's always rewarding when a good convo goes on though.:

Yeah, I feel you on that. I think I cling to the same hope for DDO. I've had some great times here. The greatness lately just seems few and far between.

That's what I stay for. I wish you were around more too. I noticed you have been in and out less frequently.:

Perhaps I will, thank you :)
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2012 2:40:11 PM
At 6/7/2012 2:36:49 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
At 6/7/2012 2:32:12 PM, drafterman wrote:

Discuss.

I have no basis of comparison. Go back to doing debates. Is there a topic you want to debate about?:

Between full-time work, part-time school, family of 4, and a part-time band, I definitely don't have time for debates. And it's very disheartening to spend a long time composing a well thought out debate only to have it votebombed by n00bs.

Ah, yes, "life." I've heard of that haha

Yeah, I do full-time school, part time work, family of 2, but DDO IS my part-time band. :)
:
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2012 2:43:28 PM
At 6/7/2012 2:35:25 PM, Oryus wrote:

YES! That's the spirit! lol

Threesome?
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2012 3:52:06 PM

nah, it really was better a couple years ago...

Though, right now it's better than it was a few months ago.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2012 4:17:16 PM
I think we need to treat nostalgia as a mental disability. This is silly.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2012 4:37:54 PM

Awww....I didn't realize that this comment was directed towards Oryus. My heart is crushed :(.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...