Jump to topic:

Weapons thread

Calvincambridge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2012 9:55:20 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
This is to talk about everything from fistfights to nukes and everything in between do not go off topic until the asker accepts a response. First.

How bad is the recoil on a S&W 500?
Trying to figure out women is like trying to solve a Rubik's cube with missing pieces. While blind. And on fire. And being shot.-Agent_Orange
Dude. Shades
That is all.- Thaddeus Rivers
One thing that isn't a joke though is the fact that woman are computers.Some buttons you can press and it'l work fine, but if you push the wrong one you'll get the blue screen of death.
silly, thett. girls are only good for sex. being friends with a female is of no value.-darkkermit
blackhawk1331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2012 1:37:44 PM
At 6/8/2012 9:55:20 AM, Calvincambridge wrote:
This is to talk about everything from fistfights to nukes and everything in between do not go off topic until the asker accepts a response. First.

How bad is the recoil on a S&W 500?

I've never fired one, but it's a fairly heavy gun and it's got a decent barrel length, so it's probably not terrible.

*Note: I'm guessing based on the recoil of the Colt 1911 .45 which I have fired. It's about half the weight and the barrel's about 2 in. shorter.
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
Aaronroy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2012 4:07:25 PM
It's a pain to fire and it's ammo isn't cheap. Shot one while in Colorado. It seems useless outside of use as a trail gun against bears in like Alaska or something.
turn down for h'what
Calvincambridge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2012 8:22:58 PM
At 6/8/2012 4:07:25 PM, Aaronroy wrote:
It's a pain to fire and it's ammo isn't cheap. Shot one while in Colorado. It seems useless outside of use as a trail gun against bears in like Alaska or something.

accepted
Trying to figure out women is like trying to solve a Rubik's cube with missing pieces. While blind. And on fire. And being shot.-Agent_Orange
Dude. Shades
One thing that isn't a joke though is the fact that woman are computers.Some buttons you can press and it'l work fine, but if you push the wrong one you'll get the blue screen of death.
silly, thett. girls are only good for sex. being friends with a female is of no value.-darkkermit
blackhawk1331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2012 8:58:46 PM

I wouldn't take it as a trail gun. I'd take a .45-70 trail gun. Saw one fired in Montana. Thing's got a hell of a punch. Plus, since it's a rifle, it'll have better range and accuracy. How often do you shoot?

Calvincambridge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2012 10:22:43 AM
How do you load a crossbow?
Dude. Shades
blackhawk1331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2012 11:54:42 AM
At 6/9/2012 10:22:43 AM, Calvincambridge wrote:
How do you load a crossbow?

Put your foot in the loop on the bottom, grab the string, and pull up. Then you put the bolt in. You can get different tools to make loading easier, but they aren't necessary.

Aaronroy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2012 5:04:37 PM
At 6/8/2012 8:58:46 PM, blackhawk1331 wrote:

I wouldn't take it as a trail gun. I'd take a .45-70 trail gun. Saw one fired in Montana. Thing's got a hell of a punch. Plus, since it's a rifle, it'll have better range and accuracy. How often do you shoot?

I've had loads of grad parties to go to and a hectic schedule; I haven't been shooting in months. It's not really an important part in my life. Some friends and I occasionally drive out into the sticks with leftover wood from workshop and shoot it whilst jamming with our guitars and smoking some sweet hemp that I'm sure honest Abe enjoyed just as much as we do. I think our next shooting adventure will be sometime this July.
turn down for h'what
blackhawk1331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2012 6:26:37 PM
At 6/9/2012 5:04:37 PM, Aaronroy wrote:

I've had loads of grad parties to go to and a hectic schedule; I haven't been shooting in months. It's not really an important part in my life. Some friends and I occasionally drive out into the sticks with leftover wood from workshop and shoot it whilst jamming with our guitars and smoking some sweet hemp that I'm sure honest Abe enjoyed just as much as we do. I think our next shooting adventure will be sometime this July.

I was asking because I was going to say that if you hadn't shot before, then you could have disliked the gun if you were holding it wrong.

Aaronroy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2012 7:33:11 PM
At 6/9/2012 6:26:37 PM, blackhawk1331 wrote:

I was asking because I was going to say that if you hadn't shot before, then you could have disliked the gun if you were holding it wrong.

My friend, the S&W 500 will get on your nerves regardless of how you hold it
turn down for h'what
blackhawk1331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2012 8:26:03 PM
At 6/9/2012 7:33:11 PM, Aaronroy wrote:
At 6/9/2012 6:26:37 PM, blackhawk1331 wrote:

My friend, the S&W 500 will get on your nerves regardless of how you hold it

I don't know, I like bigger guns, but the only .50 I ever fired was a Sharp's rifle. He thing was so d@mn heavy that the recoil of the weapon was equivalent to that of a .22 imo.

DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2012 8:28:55 PM
For my contribution, enjoy this video of a girl shooting a deagle. Hilarity ensues.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2012 8:39:59 PM
At 6/8/2012 10:34:44 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
Since an answer was accepted, we can now go "off topic."

http://www.debate.org...

A pic of my favorite weapons.

Make no mistake. Everything pictured is a component of the weapon to which she refers in one way or another.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2012 12:10:21 AM
At 6/9/2012 8:39:59 PM, Ren wrote:

Make no mistake. Everything pictured is a component of the weapon to which she refers in one way or another.

Although the one with the signature and skull was given to a friend (I actually made it for them but wanted to take a picture before giving it away, but the black handle one is all mine).
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
blackhawk1331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2012 5:17:32 PM
At 6/10/2012 12:10:21 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:

Although the one with the signature and skull was given to a friend (I actually made it for them but wanted to take a picture before giving it away, but the black handle one is all mine).

You made these?

Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2012 6:35:35 PM
At 6/10/2012 5:17:32 PM, blackhawk1331 wrote:
At 6/10/2012 12:10:21 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:

You made these?

Well, I really just customized them. I am working towards being able to make my own from raw material.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"