Jump to topic:

Feedback~

ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2012 2:16:27 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I've changed the color scheme of my website.

It was a white on black and is now a black on white with grey, blue and red accents.

So how's it look? Readable? Clean? Fresh? Approachable? Terrible? Sucky?

http://www.conservativepolitico.org...

Please let me know.
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2012 2:19:46 PM
I like it either way.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
Chrysippus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2012 5:33:55 PM
The tagline "A conservative take..." is almost unreadable due to lack of contrast. Change it to some darker color than the background.

Likewise the logo is difficult to make out. What is it? A greek statue? A minuteman? The statue of Liberty from an odd angle?

Your poll "Who's to blame?" is both overly simplistic and undefined. To blame for what?

Advertising your page views is probably not such a great thing, especially right now when you have so very few.

The rest of the deign is readable; but it comes across as cluttered. Try moving the links to their own page, and combining the "Suggestions" and "Contact" pages.

Also, try to hold yourself and your writers to a higher standard of writing. Your concept is sound, but the spelling and grammar errors detract from your message.

I'd be willing to serve as a pro bono editor, if you wanted to email me the articles before you posted them; at least for a while.
Cavete mea inexorabilis legiones mimus!
Nur-Ab-Sal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2012 5:43:26 PM
At 6/14/2012 5:33:55 PM, Chrysippus wrote:
The tagline "A conservative take..." is almost unreadable due to lack of contrast. Change it to some darker color than the background.

Likewise the logo is difficult to make out. What is it? A greek statue? A minuteman? The statue of Liberty from an odd angle?

Your poll "Who's to blame?" is both overly simplistic and undefined. To blame for what?

Advertising your page views is probably not such a great thing, especially right now when you have so very few.

The rest of the deign is readable; but it comes across as cluttered. Try moving the links to their own page, and combining the "Suggestions" and "Contact" pages.

Also, try to hold yourself and your writers to a higher standard of writing. Your concept is sound, but the spelling and grammar errors detract from your message.

I'd be willing to serve as a pro bono editor, if you wanted to email me the articles before you posted them; at least for a while.

(1) That was the banner I made before the color change. It was white because the previous color scheme had a dark background. I'm working on the new banner now, it'll be up soon.
(2) The logo is supposed to be a minuteman, and likewise it was easier to tell on a black background. I'll probably make it a bit more aesthetic and identifiable for the updated banner.

The rest of it I can't answer.
Genesis I. And God created man to his own image: to the image of God he created him: male and female he created them.
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2012 6:56:07 PM
At 6/14/2012 5:33:55 PM, Chrysippus wrote:

The poll has a limited amount of characters. My polls are not usually this undefined but the message got across since it has nearly 30 votes.

I will add suggestions to Contact Me, good idea.

As for spelling and grammar errors... I spell check and proof read most everything that goes up and I have noticed none of what you notice.
Chrysippus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2012 7:34:59 PM
At 6/14/2012 7:22:53 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

I cleaned it up hopefully reducing clutter.

Added a FULL easy to use Archive page.

Should be better.

This layout looks much nicer.
Cavete mea inexorabilis legiones mimus!
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2012 7:37:39 PM
At 6/14/2012 7:34:59 PM, Chrysippus wrote:
At 6/14/2012 7:22:53 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

I cleaned it up hopefully reducing clutter.

Added a FULL easy to use Archive page.

Should be better.

This layout looks much nicer.

Good. Thanks for the feedback. You've helped the site evolve.
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2012 9:10:52 PM
Still don't like.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus