Total Posts:5|Showing Posts:1-5
Jump to topic:

Obam: Higher capital gains taxes

HandsOff
Posts: 504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2008 7:17:53 AM
Posted: 8 years ago
Why does McCain attack Obama on offenses he denies, when he can attack him on the unthinkable offenses he admits to? In the worst of times, and to those worst hit by the economic crisis, Obama wants to do even more damage; he wants to raise the capital gains tax. That means across-the-board higher taxes on investments like stocks, bonds, mutual funds, and real estate for every-day citizens, regardless of income bracket. Obama wants to tax every dollar you make in the stock market or from real estate investments at 25% versus the current 15%. Add the average 9% state tax on top of that and everyone gets to enjoy a 34% tax bracket on their investmets. Merry Christmas! On top of losing half your life savings in the stock market and most the equity in any investment property you own, you'll now have to pay 66% higher taxes on any profit you've manage to salvage.
yay842
Posts: 5,680
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2013 2:10:33 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
finding the first ever made in miscellaneous five years ago. What it feels like to unearth ancient artifacts.
30 Important Life Lessons
http://www.debate.org...
20 Terrifying Two-Sentence Horrors
http://www.debate.org...
20 Jokes That Only Geniuses Will Understand
http://www.debate.org...
Name One Song That Can't Match This GIF
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net...
airmax1227
Posts: 13,233
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2013 2:19:01 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 11/10/2013 2:10:33 PM, yay842 wrote:
finding the first ever made in miscellaneous five years ago. What it feels like to unearth ancient artifacts.

These aren't necessarily the oldest or first threads created. Older ones have just been bumped since they were created by other necroposters. So newer ones appear older as they haven't been bumped as recently.
Debate.org Moderator
yay842
Posts: 5,680
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2013 2:47:49 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 11/10/2013 2:19:01 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 11/10/2013 2:10:33 PM, yay842 wrote:
finding the first ever made in miscellaneous five years ago. What it feels like to unearth ancient artifacts.

These aren't necessarily the oldest or first threads created. Older ones have just been bumped since they were created by other necroposters. So newer ones appear older as they haven't been bumped as recently.

ok
30 Important Life Lessons
http://www.debate.org...
20 Terrifying Two-Sentence Horrors
http://www.debate.org...
20 Jokes That Only Geniuses Will Understand
http://www.debate.org...
Name One Song That Can't Match This GIF
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net...
MassiveDump
Posts: 3,423
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2013 9:04:56 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 11/10/2013 2:47:49 PM, yay842 wrote:
At 11/10/2013 2:19:01 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 11/10/2013 2:10:33 PM, yay842 wrote:
finding the first ever made in miscellaneous five years ago. What it feels like to unearth ancient artifacts.

These aren't necessarily the oldest or first threads created. Older ones have just been bumped since they were created by other necroposters. So newer ones appear older as they haven't been bumped as recently.

ok

Yup. I've dug up some graves in my day.