I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2009 7:20:16 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
RULES:

(Modified KRF rules)

1. All votes must be in bold to be counted. You have three options: vote [name], unvote, or no lynch. Vote [name] is a vote to lynch said player. Unvote removes an active vote [name] or no lynch vote. No lynch is a vote to end the day without lynching.

2. A greater than 50% unanimity must be reached during a day phase in order to carry out a lynch or no lynch. They day phase officially ends when I declare it as such. I will declare the end of a day phase as soon as I am online and able to confirm a majority vote. So, for example, if a majority vote is reached during the day, but someone retracts their vote before I declare the day's end, then the day continues. This very thing occurred in the previous game and I wanted to make this clear with everyone from the start.

3. Players must not discuss the game outside of the day phase threads and private PMs I have started. I will be included in all PMs between privileged parties. If you, as a player, are invited to a PM under the pretence that it is "official," confirm that I am on the list of recipients. If not, report those players immediately. The penalty for violating this rule is immediate mod killing.

4. Dead players are not permitted to participate in the game, including both private PMs and the day phase treads. I will let uninformative comments slide such as, "Avenge me, townies!" However, if you reveal information that gives a demonstrable edge to either side, I will punish the party to which you were affiliated. For instance, if you were mafia, were killed, and said something too revealing from your grave, then the mafia will lose their next night phase. The same goes for townies.

5. No copying and pasting from private PMs between you and me.

6. Be courteous to your fellow players. This game loses fun if you are inconsiderate to others, whether by direct abuse or simply by not showing up. This game is most fun when players… well… play. If you have to be gone for a day or two, let your fellow players know.

7. You may communicate with me directly via the PMs I started with you when you were first invited. Also, please use these for your night phase actions so I don't have to keep track of brand new PM threads all the time.

8. This game will start with the Day Phase, so everyone listed below is alive and well.

9. Some of you have roles in this game. There are no rules against revealing these roles, but be warned, doing so early in the game could have devastating consequences.

10. To avoid this game going on for months, there will be phase limits. Each day phase has a 14 day limit. Each night phase has a 4 day limit. Day phases that reach the limit end in a no lynch (Subject to my judgement). Night phases that reach the limit will cause actions not submitted to be forfeit. These limits are flexible and can be changed pending special circumstances.

11. The townies win when all mafia are eliminated. The mafia wins as soon as they meet or beat the townies in number.

12. I WILL screw with you.

13. You cannot reveal your character, only your role

====================================================

Active Players:
#6. Bigmac
#11. Sportsguru
#14. Pmcbrown
#17. ToastOfDestiny
#18. Logical Master [Replaced Untitled entity]
#21. mrbullfrog

Dead players:
#1. Clockwork (Role Unknown) - Lynched on Day Phase #1
#2. Logical Master Jester [Evil Kenivel], Had to correctly identify the Politician and Godfather before he could win. He won by being lynched.
#3. ccstate4peat - Reporter [Johannes Gutenberg] - Could investigate someone and have the role revealed unanimously
#4. KRF - Mason Recruiter [George Washington], could recruit someone for the masons every second night - Killed by a 3rd party.
#5. Ragnar_Rahl - Jack of all Trades [Leonardo a Vinci] - Had 4 one shot abilities - Killed by Mafia
#6: Wjmelements - Mafia Godfather [Maximilian Robespierre] - Lynched on Day Phase #2 - Innocent when investigated
#7. Mongeese - Back-up mason recruiter [Spartacus] - Could convert 1 person - Died from attempted conversion.
#8. Mongoose - Mafia Janitor [Harold Shipman] - Could cover the role of a dead person - Lynch Day Phase #4
#9. Nags - Mafia Prostitute [Cleopatra] - Could roleblock one person each night- Killed by vigilante on Night #4
#10. Vi-Veri - Mason Vengeful townie [Joan of Arc] - Could kill one person when lynched - Killed by Mafia Night phase #4
#11. Rezzealaux - Cult recruiter [Karl Marx] - Could recruit one person every 3rd night - Died during a conversion attempt on night phase #4.
#12. Animefantony - Cult Vigilante [Che Guevara] - Could kill every second night - Killed by Vigiante Night Phase #5
#13. JBlake - Vigilante [Marcus Brutus] - Could kill every night phase - Killed by Mafia on Night Phase #5
#14. Theitalianstallion - Mafia Suicide Bomber [Osama Bin laden] - Lynched Day Phase #5
#10. theLwerd - Mafia usurper [Napoleon] - Lynched Day Phase #6

Seriously, no story material. GO!
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
AnimeFanTony
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2009 8:28:34 AM
Clockwork was the actual doctor.
Ownership of this account has been transferred from JCMT to I-am-a-panda.
Updates of the next JCMT puppet account pending.
ToastOfDestiny
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2009 9:27:21 AM
Vote count:
Bigmac: (pcmbrown) 1/4 needed to lynch.
SportsGuru: (Toast) 1/4 needed to lynch

This is the second time it's happened. FYI I used IS's vote against Vi_Veri on day two.

Anyone here could be a cultist then?

In this light, we need to get into Rezz's head. He'd want to recruit somebody reasonably smart, right? It'd be stupid to recruit IS. Seeing as he died on his second recruitment, that means he got one successful recruit on day one. I think this means there are two cultists left. On that they started with (1 recruiter, 1 vigilante, 1 plain) and one Rezz recruited on night 1.

Here's our list of players:
1) Bigmac
2) Sportsguru
3) LM (untitled_entity)
4) ToastOfDestiny
5) Pcmbrown
6) bullfrog

Frog is innocent. He was shown to be a plain cop when he died. I don't think that Rezz would recruit somebody inactive like pcm or u_e, which seems to tell us that LM is innocent. However, if we look to the story from day 6, we see that somebody (a cultist) is very happy with his position. This may be LM (I/we trust him a lot at this point). I still feel Bigmac is suspicious, though perhaps Sports merits our attention more. He was just active enough and showed enough ability that he may have seemed like a tantalizing grab for the Cult. I bet Rezz died trying to convert Lwerd.

For this reason, lynch SportsGuru.

I have an idea as to what to do, but it requires us all to roleclaim. I'm the politician. Panda can corroborate my night 2 actions (panda, can you reveal the politican's actions for day 3 - the second one I voted against Vi). Big surprise, huh =).
At 10/11/2009 8:28:18 PM, banker wrote:
Our demise and industrial destruction
At 10/11/2009 10:00:21 PM, regebro wrote:
Only exists in your head, as already shown.

reveal why you answer with a question mark
Because it was a question.

RFDs Pl0x:
http://www.debate.org...
AnimeFanTony
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2009 9:43:14 AM
Rezz died recruiting JBlake. Thats why I said he was mafia.
Rezzealaux
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2009 9:46:38 AM
At 8/22/2009 9:27:21 AM, ToastOfDestiny wrote:
In this light, we need to get into Rezz's head.
NO! GET OUT OF MY HEAD ;-;

I bet Rezz died trying to convert Lwerd.
Nope. The plan was to kill/recruit theLwerd/JBlake on Night4, but the kill was moved to Nags and the recruit was chosen to JBlake. Panda decided that we couldn't have two vigilantes, so he killed me off (which I thought was unfair, but whatever).....

I will not comment on the other contents of your post :O
: If you weren't new here, you'd know not to feed me such attention. This is like an orgasm in my brain right now. *hehe, my name is in a title, hehe* (http://www.debate.org...)

Just in case I get into some BS with FREEDO again about how he's NOT a narcissist.

"The law is there to destroy evil under the constitutional government."
So... what's there to destroy evil inside of and above the constitutional government?
Rezzealaux
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2009 9:49:51 AM
At 8/22/2009 9:49:14 AM, JBlake wrote:
That doesn't make sense that he would die recruiting me, since I was a townie....
WELCOME TO THE INSIDE OF MY HEAD!

FRIGGIN PANDA >(
: If you weren't new here, you'd know not to feed me such attention. This is like an orgasm in my brain right now. *hehe, my name is in a title, hehe* (http://www.debate.org...)

Just in case I get into some BS with FREEDO again about how he's NOT a narcissist.

"The law is there to destroy evil under the constitutional government."
So... what's there to destroy evil inside of and above the constitutional government?
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2009 10:22:34 AM
That doesn't make sense that he would die recruiting me, since I was a townie....

2 vigilantes = Overpowered cult
ToastOfDestiny
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2009 10:36:35 AM
At 8/22/2009 8:28:34 AM, AnimeFanTony wrote:
Clockwork was the actual doctor.

4. Dead players are not permitted to participate in the game, including both private PMs and the day phase treads. I will let uninformative comments slide such as, "Avenge me, townies!" However, if you reveal information that gives a demonstrable edge to either side, I will punish the party to which you were affiliated. For instance, if you were mafia, were killed, and said something too revealing from your grave, then the mafia will lose their next night phase. The same goes for townies.

What happens lol? Revive all mafia and then kill them right away?

RFDs Pl0x:
ToastOfDestiny
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2009 10:37:06 AM
How did everyone figure out JBlake was the vigilante? I still have absolutely no idea.

RFDs Pl0x:
AnimeFanTony
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2009 11:05:45 AM
I'm cult not mafia. Also Clockwork had to have been the mafia since everyone else is dead and they havn't had that role.
ToastOfDestiny
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2009 11:45:55 AM
I'm I the only living person to have posted as of yet?

RFDs Pl0x:
AnimeFanTony
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2009 11:48:30 AM
At 8/22/2009 11:05:45 AM, AnimeFanTony wrote:
I'm cult not mafia. Also Clockwork had to have been the doctor since everyone else is dead and they havn't had that role.

fixed
AnimeFanTony
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2009 11:48:49 AM
At 8/22/2009 11:05:45 AM, AnimeFanTony wrote:
I'm cult not mafia. Also Clockwork had to have been the doctor since everyone else is dead and they havn't had that role.

fixed1!
JBlake
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2009 12:46:58 PM
At 8/22/2009 10:22:34 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:

I think that was unfair of you to get involved in the game like that. It helped my team (town), but was unwarranted. You set up the game so that the cult could recruit townsmen, then you cheated for the town by killing the cult for being successful. You single-handedly lost the game for the cult, who otherwise would have won. The role of the mod is to set up the game then oversee it, not participate and help one side win.

If the cult became overpowered it is because of their skill. I urge you to stay out of the inner workings of the game if you are to host again in the future. You have had this same problem both times you have played. No other mod has had similar issues.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2009 12:49:37 PM
At 8/22/2009 12:46:58 PM, JBlake wrote:

I think that was unfair of you to get involved in the game like that. It helped my team (town), but was unwarranted. You set up the game so that the cult could recruit townsmen, then you cheated for the town by killing the cult for being successful. You single-handedly lost the game for the cult, who otherwise would have won. The role of the mod is to set up the game then oversee it, not participate and help one side win.

If the cult became overpowered it is because of their skill. I urge you to stay out of the inner workings of the game if you are to host again in the future. You have had this same problem both times you have played. No other mod has had similar issues.

I had decided whilst making the game to implement this. It wasn't a last second decision.
JBlake
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2009 12:57:03 PM
At 8/22/2009 12:49:37 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 8/22/2009 12:46:58 PM, JBlake wrote:

I had decided whilst making the game to implement this. It wasn't a last second decision.

That still makes it inconsistent. What you are saying, essentially, is "Cult, you can recruit townsmen as long as you are not too successful at it." Let the players do the strategizing, Panda.

I will stop now, so that I don't interrupt the game any further.
Logical-Master
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2009 1:00:47 PM
-Bullfrog was dead by day 3. Can't be him.
-Untitled entity was the previous FI. It's highly unlikely that Rezz would have gone after the most inactive player in the game

With two people who cannot possibly be cult, the odds of us finding the cult without losing are 100%
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2009 1:07:12 PM
At 8/22/2009 1:02:19 PM, Logical-Master wrote:
Though just to be clear, Panda: If someone were recruited as cult and died, would you reveal that they had been recruited?

Yeah.
Logical-Master
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2009 1:07:27 PM
At 8/22/2009 1:00:47 PM, Logical-Master wrote:
-Untitled entity was the previous FI. It's highly unlikely that Rezz would have gone after the most inactive player in the game

With two people who cannot possibly be cult, the odds of us finding the cult without losing are 100%

Whoops. Actually, you're a threat to this strategy toast. I'm wondering whether or not to lynch you off first just for insurance.
Logical-Master
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2009 1:25:14 PM
ToastofDestiny

If you're a townie, you've got nothing to worry about as you team IS going to win. If you're a cultist . . well nice knowing you, but your power is simply too much a nuisance for us to willingly deal with.
ToastOfDestiny
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2009 1:25:19 PM
How am I any more of a threat than guru/mac/pcm? I'd think that Sports is the most likely cultist because he showed off a strong performance on day 1. I sucked =). I think pcm is fairly off the hook because of his major inactivity.

RFDs Pl0x:
SportsGuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2009 1:26:12 PM

If Rezzealaux recruited every 3 days, his first recruitment would be on night phase one, so he in no way could of predicted untitled_entity's total lack of participation throughout the game. Besides I have a theory about what the cult has done which has the cult WANTING less active players (will post it in a minute).

And if ToastofDestiny is right about the cult numbers, we would need 3 confirmed townies in order to not lose.
Logical-Master
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2009 1:27:28 PM
At 8/22/2009 1:25:19 PM, ToastOfDestiny wrote:
How am I any more of a threat than guru/mac/pcm? I'd think that Sports is the most likely cultist because he showed off a strong performance on day 1. I sucked =). I think pcm is fairly off the hook because of his major inactivity.

You're more of a threat based on your power. If you are cultist and we end up with 3 or 4 people remaining, you can guarantee your win (4, assuming a stalemate means cult win).
Logical-Master
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2009 1:29:38 PM
At 8/22/2009 1:26:12 PM, SportsGuru wrote:

If Rezzealaux recruited every 3 days, his first recruitment would be on night phase one, so he in no way could of predicted untitled_entity's total lack of participation throughout the game. Besides I have a theory about what the cult has done which has the cult WANTING less active players (will post it in a minute).

And if ToastofDestiny is right about the cult numbers, we would need 3 confirmed townies in order to not lose.

The story suggest that there is one person remaining, laughingly at that.
SportsGuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2009 1:33:39 PM
At 8/22/2009 1:25:14 PM, Logical-Master wrote:
ToastofDestiny

If you're a townie, you've got nothing to worry about as you team IS going to win. If you're a cultist . . well nice knowing you, but your power is simply too much a nuisance for us to willingly deal with.

Do you want to just lynch ToastofDestiny today and leave all theorizing for tommorrow? Or continue posting theories?

At 8/22/2009 1:25:19 PM, ToastOfDestiny wrote:

Your role. If you are cult, you can pull townies votes against each other, killing the town. If you are town and make a mistake on whose vote to pull in the endgame (and just based on numbers that is more likely) the same effect happens. Based on probability, we have a greater chance of lynching a townie, but even if you are a townie this lynch helps prevents future townie-killing mistakes.

Lynch ToastofDestiny
ToastOfDestiny
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2009 1:34:12 PM
There is one member "laughing and dancing in his mind" remaining. Who could that be. Unfortunately, that's either me or LM. We're the most vocal townies at this point (and until we realized a power role could also be a cultist, our roles implied our innocence) and seem to be innocent.

I can't provide any guarantee more convincing than my previous argument. Rezz was recruiting on night one. He probably picked Sports over me - as I was repeatedly changing my mind and doing other noobish things. Sports provided some clear analysis. I provided some clear flip-flopping. Any active player was a better choice than me.

Keep me for one more night, please. If our numbers dwindle to five, I can see the necessity for killing me.

RFDs Pl0x: