Total Posts:21|Showing Posts:1-21
Jump to topic:

One of the most awesome site I've seen

Cermank
Posts: 3,773
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2012 7:59:51 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Till date. It claims to be an online resource that stimulates the brain to lead the users to the furthest edges of the conscious mind.

!!!

I tried the 15:00 lucid- short square.

An ethereal experience.

Now I'm off to the one which claims to instruct the brain to direct the user to an out of body experience. Thought I'd share it here first.

Do tell your experiences if you try it out. I'd do the out of body one.
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2012 12:39:57 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I tried the same 15:00 minute square and got a headache in record speed. I'm talking something like 10 seconds. I backed away slowly.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2012 2:21:13 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Binaural beats are not scientific. They work through the power of suggestion. The more suggestible you are, you stronger an experience you tend to have. The flashing lights are a whole other thing. Plenty of YouTube videos that "get you high" but just make everything wavey cause it messes with your eyes.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Platypus666
Posts: 262
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2012 2:27:27 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Oooh shiiit, it's great cause I'm high.
NEVER LOGGING IN UNLESS I AM HIGH

Official "The (Weed) Aquatic (Weed) and (Weed) Egg (Weed) Laying (Weed) Mammalian (Weed) Enforceress (Weed) of (Weed) Liberty (Weed), Cuddliness (Weed), and (Weed) Involuntary (Weed) Administration (Weed) of (POT) Psychoactive (Weed) Substances (Weed) To (Weed) All (Weed) The (Weed) Masses (Weed) Under (Weed?) The (Weed!) Control (Weed) of (Weed) The (Weed) All (Weed) High (Weed) FREEDO (Weed) and (Weed) Yyyyyyyyyyyyeah (WEED)" of the FREEDO Bureaucracy.
kyro90
Posts: 4,400
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2012 4:22:12 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/4/2012 2:27:27 PM, Platypus666 wrote:
Oooh shiiit, it's great cause I'm high.

I tried the entire one hour one and now I feel high. O_O
Allow me to give you my card....
Oh you cant read? Pitty. It says,
You are now holding the card of the Awesome-Steller-Second-to-none-hot-cool-funny-incredible-magical-beautious-cuddly-warm-kitty-kat-like Secretary
Cermank
Posts: 3,773
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2012 10:05:10 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/4/2012 2:21:13 PM, FREEDO wrote:
Binaural beats are not scientific. They work through the power of suggestion. The more suggestible you are, you stronger an experience you tend to have. The flashing lights are a whole other thing. Plenty of YouTube videos that "get you high" but just make everything wavey cause it messes with your eyes.

No they don't. How they work is when the brain is presented with two different frequency sounds, it detects a directional clue. However, when both the sounds come from head phones, depending on the difference between the frequencies, it has a different impact. It can conclude either that there are two different locations, or conjure an auditory event following the changes in frequency (if the difference is small).

I don't know much about flashing lights. All I know is I say that Bruce almighty star in white robes with his arms extended towards me for a blink of a second in those lights. That was weird.
Cermank
Posts: 3,773
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2012 10:10:49 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
The out of body experience would have been a little more awesome, but I couldn't experience it fully. I just got sleepy :/

But I had this weird dream about a lizard that gave birth to a mutant baby lizard who hated me, and attacked me when I went to the washroom where he lived. And then possessed the helpful neighborhood children and instructed them to kill me. I don't know if it was the CD or just plain weirdness going through my head.
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2012 11:37:36 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/4/2012 10:10:49 PM, Cermank wrote:
The out of body experience would have been a little more awesome, but I couldn't experience it fully. I just got sleepy :/

But I had this weird dream about a lizard that gave birth to a mutant baby lizard who hated me, and attacked me when I went to the washroom where he lived. And then possessed the helpful neighborhood children and instructed them to kill me. I don't know if it was the CD or just plain weirdness going through my head.

The FVCK?
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
Wallstreetatheist
Posts: 7,132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2012 11:39:38 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/4/2012 10:10:49 PM, Cermank wrote:
The out of body experience would have been a little more awesome, but I couldn't experience it fully. I just got sleepy :/

But I had this weird dream about a lizard that gave birth to a mutant baby lizard who hated me, and attacked me when I went to the washroom where he lived. And then possessed the helpful neighborhood children and instructed them to kill me. I don't know if it was the CD or just plain weirdness going through my head.

I'm so glad it didn't work for me.
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
Wallstreetatheist
Posts: 7,132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2012 11:39:51 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/4/2012 2:21:13 PM, FREEDO wrote:
Binaural beats are not scientific. They work through the power of suggestion. The more suggestible you are, you stronger an experience you tend to have. The flashing lights are a whole other thing. Plenty of YouTube videos that "get you high" but just make everything wavey cause it messes with your eyes.

+2
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2012 3:01:48 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/4/2012 10:05:10 PM, Cermank wrote:
At 7/4/2012 2:21:13 PM, FREEDO wrote:
Binaural beats are not scientific. They work through the power of suggestion. The more suggestible you are, you stronger an experience you tend to have. The flashing lights are a whole other thing. Plenty of YouTube videos that "get you high" but just make everything wavey cause it messes with your eyes.

No they don't. How they work is when the brain is presented with two different frequency sounds, it detects a directional clue. However, when both the sounds come from head phones, depending on the difference between the frequencies, it has a different impact. It can conclude either that there are two different locations, or conjure an auditory event following the changes in frequency (if the difference is small).

I don't know much about flashing lights. All I know is I say that Bruce almighty star in white robes with his arms extended towards me for a blink of a second in those lights. That was weird.

You're absolutely right. Except that you're wrong.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Cermank
Posts: 3,773
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2012 3:14:47 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/5/2012 3:01:48 AM, FREEDO wrote:
At 7/4/2012 10:05:10 PM, Cermank wrote:
At 7/4/2012 2:21:13 PM, FREEDO wrote:
Binaural beats are not scientific. They work through the power of suggestion. The more suggestible you are, you stronger an experience you tend to have. The flashing lights are a whole other thing. Plenty of YouTube videos that "get you high" but just make everything wavey cause it messes with your eyes.

No they don't. How they work is when the brain is presented with two different frequency sounds, it detects a directional clue. However, when both the sounds come from head phones, depending on the difference between the frequencies, it has a different impact. It can conclude either that there are two different locations, or conjure an auditory event following the changes in frequency (if the difference is small).

I don't know much about flashing lights. All I know is I say that Bruce almighty star in white robes with his arms extended towards me for a blink of a second in those lights. That was weird.

You're absolutely right. Except that you're wrong.

How can there be a scientific explanation for an effect, and still the phenomenon be unscientific?
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2012 3:47:43 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/5/2012 3:14:47 AM, Cermank wrote:
How can there be a scientific explanation for an effect, and still the phenomenon be unscientific?

The actual effects of binaural beats related to inducing the "frequency following response" has nothing to do with the effects claimed by sites like this. It's not a giant drug store made of sounds.
Suggestion is a highly powerful phenomenon that controls us throughout our daily lives. We can and do have actual emotional and physical experiences just because we believe that we will.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Cermank
Posts: 3,773
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2012 6:46:22 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/5/2012 3:47:43 AM, FREEDO wrote:
At 7/5/2012 3:14:47 AM, Cermank wrote:
How can there be a scientific explanation for an effect, and still the phenomenon be unscientific?

The actual effects of binaural beats related to inducing the "frequency following response" has nothing to do with the effects claimed by sites like this. It's not a giant drug store made of sounds.
Suggestion is a highly powerful phenomenon that controls us throughout our daily lives. We can and do have actual emotional and physical experiences just because we believe that we will.

I researched a little to look into the claims, and basically came to the conclusion that the beats work, according to a lot of researches done. http://www.binauralbeatsgeek.com... <--- This one quoted a lot of researches. However, these do not identify the source of the effect, as in- there's a study that says the beats dramatically increased the production of three hormones, but not why this seems to be the case.

The frequency phase difference effect on the brain can explain different relaxations and mind games, but not, for example, migraine cure. So maybe there is some placebo effect taking place, I'd come to this conclusion because there really isn't anything to say to the contrary, even if there's nothing to say in its favour.

But I'd believe in it if it helped me relax. It's a little like reiki, if I think about it.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Posts: 6,958
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2012 3:40:17 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/4/2012 2:21:13 PM, FREEDO wrote:
Binaural beats are not scientific. They work through the power of suggestion.:

Bingo.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)