Jump to topic:

Best Quotes

Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2012 6:32:08 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
"To die for an idea; it is unquestionably noble. But how much nobler it would be if men died for ideas that were true." -H.L. Mencken

"Non-violence leads to the highest ethics, which is the goal of all evolution. Until we stop harming all other living beings, we are still savages." -Thomas Edison

"We cannot solve the problems we have created with the same thinking that created them." -Albert Einstein
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
kyro90
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2012 7:48:48 PM
"Maybe theres beauty in goodbyes." -The Veronicas
"My heart is in the music...JUDGE THAT!" -Paramore
"I've seen love die way too many times when it deserved to be alive..." -Paramore
"Thats not a place where I'm considered good-looking." -Blink-182's Mark Hoppus
Allow me to give you my card....
Oh you cant read? Pitty. It says,
You are now holding the card of the Awesome-Steller-Second-to-none-hot-cool-funny-incredible-magical-beautious-cuddly-warm-kitty-kat-like Secretary
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2012 9:00:16 PM
At 7/7/2012 6:32:08 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
"To die for an idea; it is unquestionably noble. But how much nobler it would be if men died for ideas that were true." -H.L. Mencken

Okay.

"Non-violence leads to the highest ethics, which is the goal of all evolution. Until we stop harming all other living beings, we are still savages." -Thomas Edison

Meh, but true.

"We cannot solve the problems we have created with the same thinking that created them." -Albert Einstein

^ That's really good.

My signature has a few good quotes. Especially the one from Bill Clinton.
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2012 7:48:56 PM
At 7/7/2012 6:32:08 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:

Hmm....course, thats very subjective....but I like the quote. I'm just not usre where he is going with it.

I disagreed strongly. 1. I think that we should only hold humans in this high regard. 2. I think it depends on WHY your harming them, and how it came to that, and what its accomplishing.

Course, this will always come down to what people think created the problem.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Cermank
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2012 10:55:01 PM
"... Upto this time I had not met with success because the will had been lacking, because I had no faith in myself... my mind had been tossed on the boisterous sea of doubt. I realised that in refusing to take a vow, man was drawn into temptation. 'I believe in effort, I do not want to bind myself with vows' is the mentality of the weakness and betrays the subtle desire for the things to be avoided. 'But supposing my views are changed in the future, how can I bind myself with vow?' Such a doubt often deters us. But that doubt also betrays a lack of clear perception that a particular thing must be renounced...." -Mahatma Gandhi

"Believe in your work, and just do the work, don't worry unnecessorily about the results. The results are not in your hand'" - A approximate translation of a saying from Geeta.

"Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of life, define yourself." - Robert Frost.

"Be the hero of your life, not the victim" - I don't know who.
Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2012 12:51:34 AM
I remember in the OP when I said, "Don't post your own quotes, evaluate mine." lol
Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2012 1:05:01 AM
"The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for it." -Henry David Thoreau
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2012 1:47:42 PM
I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2012 2:01:07 PM
At 7/11/2012 1:47:42 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.

it's funny how one can manipulate english such that pure selfishness and greed look like liberty.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2012 3:33:12 PM
At 7/11/2012 2:01:07 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 7/11/2012 1:47:42 PM, Lordknukle wrote:

it's funny how one can manipulate english such that pure selfishness and greed look like liberty.

Rational greed and slef interest is man's moral virtue. Self-interest has been the motivator of virtually all modern and historical advancements and revolutions in the world. Any political system that restrains this virtue (mixed economy, planned economy, and State intervention whatsoever) violates the liberty of individuals to pursue their own goals.

So yes, anything that resticts anything-including greed- ultimately violates liberty.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2012 3:33:34 PM
*self-interest
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2012 5:08:38 AM

The Fool: I like this one alot, in fact I am jacking for my signiture for a bit.
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL