Jump to topic:

[ NEXT MAFiA GAME ]

Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2009 8:10:30 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
THEME -- I wanted to give the players a choice of three themes, so I figure I'll take it to a vote. When you list what number spot you want to play, simply make mention of the theme that you want. The choices are as follows: HS Stereotypes (the story will be told by means of school newspaper, IM conversations, text messages, etc.) ; Washed Up Celebrities (with the story told as if there were washed up celebrities on a reality TV show with Big Brother cameras watching) and of course, the typical Town/Mafia straight forward game (similar to KRFs, because a simple style is much appreciated and sometimes preferred).

GAME OPTION -- I also wanted people to note whether or not they wanted me to list the various roles and their capabilities somewhere before the game, similar to Panda's list of roles and such (though they would have different names depending on the theme). For instance, prior to the game I could list the roles that each game would have or wouldn't have in order to make the game more strategic. The other option is to present all of this information via the stories. Some might prefer that because I'm still telling you what the roles can do (and probably what happened during the night along with other clues) but in a fun way where interpretation plays heavily into game strategy on both sides.

VOTE -- Themes: (1) HS Stereotypes (2) Celebrity Death Match (3) Regular / Game Play (1) List roles (2) Tell roles through story (3) Doesn't matter

Players List:
9. Vi_Veri
10. I-am-a-Panda

(They specified that they wanted those numbers ahead of time and I like them :P )
President of DDO
Rezzealaux
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2009 8:11:51 PM
18 FIRST POST

I'm mafia gaiz :D
: If you weren't new here, you'd know not to feed me such attention. This is like an orgasm in my brain right now. *hehe, my name is in a title, hehe* (http://www.debate.org...)

Just in case I get into some BS with FREEDO again about how he's NOT a narcissist.

"The law is there to destroy evil under the constitutional government."
So... what's there to destroy evil inside of and above the constitutional government?
Rezzealaux
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2009 8:13:33 PM
Also, HS Stereotypes.

And no role reveal by mods.
: If you weren't new here, you'd know not to feed me such attention. This is like an orgasm in my brain right now. *hehe, my name is in a title, hehe* (http://www.debate.org...)

Just in case I get into some BS with FREEDO again about how he's NOT a narcissist.

So... what's there to destroy evil inside of and above the constitutional government?
Logical-Master
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2009 8:14:52 PM
At 8/25/2009 8:10:30 PM, theLwerd wrote:
THEME -- I wanted to give the players a choice of three themes, so I figure I'll take it to a vote. When you list what number spot you want to play, simply make mention of the theme that you want. The choices are as follows: HS Stereotypes (the story will be told by means of school newspaper, IM conversations, text messages, etc.) ; Washed Up Celebrities (with the story told as if there were washed up celebrities on a reality TV show with Big Brother cameras watching) and of course, the typical Town/Mafia straight forward game (similar to KRFs, because a simple style is much appreciated and sometimes preferred).

GAME OPTION -- I also wanted people to note whether or not they wanted me to list the various roles and their capabilities somewhere before the game, similar to Panda's list of roles and such (though they would have different names depending on the theme). For instance, prior to the game I could list the roles that each game would have or wouldn't have in order to make the game more strategic. The other option is to present all of this information via the stories. Some might prefer that because I'm still telling you what the roles can do (and probably what happened during the night along with other clues) but in a fun way where interpretation plays heavily into game strategy on both sides.

VOTE -- Themes: (1) HS Stereotypes (2) Celebrity Death Match (3) Regular / Game Play (1) List roles (2) Tell roles through story (3) Doesn't matter

Players List:
9. Vi_Veri
10. I-am-a-Panda

(They specified that they wanted those numbers ahead of time and I like them :P )

-I want #1.

-HS Steretypes in terms of the theme

- List roles through story.
ToastOfDestiny
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2009 8:20:54 PM
Players List:
1. Logical-Master
9. Vi_Veri
10. I-am-a-Panda
18. Rezzealaux
21. ToastOfDestiny
22. untitled_entity

HS Stereotypes (I want something nerdy/mathematical!). I was totally going to do HS when I hosted. Ah well.

Role reveals through the story, and perhaps a list of 7 roles that are NOT in the story (i.e. no schizo, arsonist, politician etc.).
At 10/11/2009 8:28:18 PM, banker wrote:
Our demise and industrial destruction
At 10/11/2009 10:00:21 PM, regebro wrote:
Only exists in your head, as already shown.

At 10/11/2009 8:28:18 PM, banker wrote:
reveal why you answer with a question mark
At 10/11/2009 10:00:21 PM, regebro wrote:
Because it was a question.

RFDs Pl0x:
http://www.debate.org...
Rezzealaux
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2009 8:21:02 PM
At 8/25/2009 8:16:38 PM, Logical-Master wrote:
And I want Rezz as at teammate, regardless of townie, mafia or 3rd party. :D
Why is that?

SportsGuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2009 8:24:16 PM
Number 13, HS Theme, and roles through stories. And as long as we are making requests about teamates, I would like to have the expierience of bieng a SK (if you believe this site is ready for one.)
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2009 8:26:15 PM
#3, stereotypes, roles through story.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
ccstateisback
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2009 8:48:02 PM
Oo oo oo! Can I join?

It was the mafia game that got me pissed off at you guys in the first place. If you let me in I promise I'll play nice.

How do you type an upward inflection at the end of a sentence that isn't a question?
studentathletechristian8 - Congrats- you may have your first online girlfriend!

Me - I had a MySpace girlfriend, but it was really a 45 year old guy friend.
JBlake
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2009 8:49:19 PM
Why did you get angry at everyone in the first game? For being lynched? It's just a game, don't take it so seriously if you play again.
ccstateisback
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2009 8:57:34 PM
No, because nobody listened to me and thought I was lying. I need attention and if no one pays attention to me or thinks that whatever I have to say is inimportant, then I get angry. I'll take spot #24 thank you very little.

SportsGuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2009 9:15:34 PM
At 8/25/2009 8:57:34 PM, ccstateisback wrote:
No, because nobody listened to me and thought I was lying. I need attention and if no one pays attention to me or thinks that whatever I have to say is inimportant, then I get angry. I'll take spot #24 thank you very little.

Nothing personal; thats just the nature of the game, Sure, one player might be able to gain more trust than another, but no one has any reason to believe anything said by a player in a mafia game.
Rezzealaux
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2009 9:19:13 PM
At 8/25/2009 8:57:34 PM, ccstateisback wrote:
No, because nobody listened to me and thought I was lying. I need attention and if no one pays attention to me or thinks that whatever I have to say is inimportant, then I get angry.

Which, if you paid attention, gets you even less attention until it's negative attention. Do the smart thing. Stop doing things that will clearly go against what you want.

ccstateisback
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2009 9:19:39 PM
In real life, people believe me more often when I'm lying than when I'm telling the truth. It bugs me, so I get sort of frustrated when people don't believe me.

Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2009 9:20:59 PM
At 8/25/2009 9:19:39 PM, ccstateisback wrote:
In real life, people believe me more often when I'm lying than when I'm telling the truth. It bugs me, so I get sort of frustrated when people don't believe me.

Pathological liar?
ccstateisback
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2009 9:26:27 PM
Of my many problems, that is not one of them. But then again, I could have just lied there.

untitled_entity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2009 9:27:44 PM
At 8/25/2009 9:26:27 PM, ccstateisback wrote:
Of my many problems, that is not one of them. But then again, I could have just lied there.

I hate liars.
ccstateisback
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2009 9:33:55 PM
In all seriousness, I don't lie very often, but for some strange reason, people think I do all the time. It may have something to do with my extraordinary ability to come up with excuses.

These last few posts prove my second one in this thread. I need attention, so I unintentionally turned the topic of this thread to me. I should really catch myself earlier.

Rezzealaux
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2009 9:37:59 PM
At 8/25/2009 9:33:55 PM, ccstateisback wrote:
These last few posts prove my second one in this thread. I need attention
Go see a therapist, if you aren't doing so already.

ccstateisback
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2009 9:40:25 PM
Didn't work, they told me to release my anger by calling them whatever I want. I screamed "FUCKHEAD" and I was kindly asked to never come back.

Logical-Master
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2009 9:42:59 PM
At 8/25/2009 8:21:02 PM, Rezzealaux wrote:
Why is that?

If you end up on my team, I'll tell you. ;)
ccstateisback
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2009 9:45:16 PM
At 8/25/2009 9:42:59 PM, Logical-Master wrote:
At 8/25/2009 8:21:02 PM, Rezzealaux wrote:
Why is that?

If you end up on my team, I'll tell you. ;)

Anime pics UNITE! If only you had som31j0hn.