Total Posts:34|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Top 10 myths about introverts

Cermank
Posts: 3,773
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2012 7:48:46 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
I got this off stumble. Pretty interesting.

Myth #1 – Introverts don't like to talk.
This is not true. Introverts just don't talk unless they have something to say. They hate small talk. Get an introvert talking about something they are interested in, and they won't shut up for days.

Myth #2 – Introverts are shy.
Shyness has nothing to do with being an Introvert. Introverts are not necessarily afraid of people. What they need is a reason to interact. They don't interact for the sake of interacting. If you want to talk to an Introvert, just start talking. Don't worry about being polite.

Myth #3 – Introverts are rude.
Introverts often don't see a reason for beating around the bush with social pleasantries. They want everyone to just be real and honest. Unfortunately, this is not acceptable in most settings, so Introverts can feel a lot of pressure to fit in, which they find exhausting.

Myth #4 – Introverts don't like people.
On the contrary, Introverts intensely value the few friends they have. They can count their close friends on one hand. If you are lucky enough for an introvert to consider you a friend, you probably have a loyal ally for life. Once you have earned their respect as being a person of substance, you're in.

Myth #5 – Introverts don't like to go out in public.
Nonsense. Introverts just don't like to go out in public FOR AS LONG. They also like to avoid the complications that are involved in public activities. They take in data and experiences very quickly, and as a result, don't need to be there for long to "get it." They're ready to go home, recharge, and process it all. In fact, recharging is absolutely crucial for Introverts.

Myth #6 – Introverts always want to be alone.
Introverts are perfectly comfortable with their own thoughts. They think a lot. They daydream. They like to have problems to work on, puzzles to solve. But they can also get incredibly lonely if they don't have anyone to share their discoveries with. They crave an authentic and sincere connection with ONE PERSON at a time.

Myth #7 – Introverts are weird.
Introverts are often individualists. They don't follow the crowd. They'd prefer to be valued for their novel ways of living. They think for themselves and because of that, they often challenge the norm. They don't make most decisions based on what is popular or trendy.

Myth #8 – Introverts are aloof nerds.
Introverts are people who primarily look inward, paying close attention to their thoughts and emotions. It's not that they are incapable of paying attention to what is going on around them, it's just that their inner world is much more stimulating and rewarding to them.

Myth #9 – Introverts don't know how to relax and have fun.
Introverts typically relax at home or in nature, not in busy public places. Introverts are not thrill seekers and adrenaline junkies. If there is too much talking and noise going on, they shut down. Their brains are too sensitive to the neurotransmitter called Dopamine. Introverts and Extroverts have different dominant neuro-pathways. Just look it up.

Myth #10 – Introverts can fix themselves and become Extroverts.
Introverts cannot "fix themselves" and deserve respect for their natural temperament and contributions to the human race. In fact, one study (Silverman, 1986) showed that the percentage of Introverts increases with IQ.
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2012 8:48:17 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/12/2012 7:48:46 AM, Cermank wrote:
I got this off stumble. Pretty interesting.

Myth #1 – Introverts don't like to talk.
This is not true. Introverts just don't talk unless they have something to say. They hate small talk. Get an introvert talking about something they are interested in, and they won't shut up for days.

I'd say another barrier to "talking" is a worry about whether or not the other person is even interested in the topic at hand. Even if there is a common interest, I worred that I may geek out on them.


Myth #2 – Introverts are shy.
Shyness has nothing to do with being an Introvert. Introverts are not necessarily afraid of people. What they need is a reason to interact. They don't interact for the sake of interacting. If you want to talk to an Introvert, just start talking. Don't worry about being polite.

Myth #3 – Introverts are rude.
Introverts often don't see a reason for beating around the bush with social pleasantries. They want everyone to just be real and honest. Unfortunately, this is not acceptable in most settings, so Introverts can feel a lot of pressure to fit in, which they find exhausting.

One of the things I really hate is the forced expectation of small talk or politeness. Now, I'm not saying that I'm rude, but if I don't like you, I'm probably going to avoid you. Yet, if you happen to be a member of whatever social circles I am, there is an implicit pressure to ignore that and why I dislike you, for the overall harmony of the group.


Myth #4 – Introverts don't like people.
On the contrary, Introverts intensely value the few friends they have. They can count their close friends on one hand. If you are lucky enough for an introvert to consider you a friend, you probably have a loyal ally for life. Once you have earned their respect as being a person of substance, you're in.

This is true. I'm highly specific in who I consider a friend. There was a guy I used to play Warhammer with on a pretty regular basis, and we got a long, but that was about the only thing we had in common. I eventually lost interest in the game, and we started hanging out. This was perceived as weird and rude (by my wife, primarily), as she considered us "friends." It doesn't help that she is close friends with his wife, leading to implicit pressure for us to be friends.

I'd say we are friends, but probably not as close as my wife expects or likes, but we really don't have much in common.


Myth #5 – Introverts don't like to go out in public.
Nonsense. Introverts just don't like to go out in public FOR AS LONG. They also like to avoid the complications that are involved in public activities. They take in data and experiences very quickly, and as a result, don't need to be there for long to "get it." They're ready to go home, recharge, and process it all. In fact, recharging is absolutely crucial for Introverts.

No sh1t. I love going on trips and doing things, but by the end, I long to get back home.


Myth #6 – Introverts always want to be alone.
Introverts are perfectly comfortable with their own thoughts. They think a lot. They daydream. They like to have problems to work on, puzzles to solve. But they can also get incredibly lonely if they don't have anyone to share their discoveries with. They crave an authentic and sincere connection with ONE PERSON at a time.

This is something most extroverts don't get. To the point that, not only do they feel the need to include us in their activities, but they believe they are doing us a favor, and will take offense if we decline! Get over yourselves!


Myth #7 – Introverts are weird.
Introverts are often individualists. They don't follow the crowd. They'd prefer to be valued for their novel ways of living. They think for themselves and because of that, they often challenge the norm. They don't make most decisions based on what is popular or trendy.

So, yes, we're weird.


Myth #8 – Introverts are aloof nerds.
Introverts are people who primarily look inward, paying close attention to their thoughts and emotions. It's not that they are incapable of paying attention to what is going on around them, it's just that their inner world is much more stimulating and rewarding to them.

Myth #9 – Introverts don't know how to relax and have fun.
Introverts typically relax at home or in nature, not in busy public places. Introverts are not thrill seekers and adrenaline junkies. If there is too much talking and noise going on, they shut down. Their brains are too sensitive to the neurotransmitter called Dopamine. Introverts and Extroverts have different dominant neuro-pathways. Just look it up.

Fun is certainly subjective. I imagine that I am pretty god damned boring to most people. Don't care.


Myth #10 – Introverts can fix themselves and become Extroverts.
Introverts cannot "fix themselves" and deserve respect for their natural temperament and contributions to the human race. In fact, one study (Silverman, 1986) showed that the percentage of Introverts increases with IQ.
Cermank
Posts: 3,773
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2012 10:23:59 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/12/2012 9:53:40 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
Cool story brah?

I chose to serve this forum so fvck off. Yes, what I did was service to this forum, a forum that hundreds of people love. In fact, you should leave it. Go move to Politics or Society you fvcker.
johnnyboy54
Posts: 6,362
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2012 11:11:04 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/12/2012 10:23:59 PM, Cermank wrote:
At 7/12/2012 9:53:40 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
Cool story brah?

I chose to serve this forum so fvck off. Yes, what I did was service to this forum, a forum that hundreds of people love. In fact, you should leave it. Go move to Politics or Society you fvcker.

Thats not very introverted of you.

Real introverts go home and put them on a hit list.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
ConservativePolitico
Posts: 8,210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2012 11:40:37 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/12/2012 10:23:59 PM, Cermank wrote:
At 7/12/2012 9:53:40 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
Cool story brah?

I chose to serve this forum so fvck off. Yes, what I did was service to this forum, a forum that hundreds of people love. In fact, you should leave it. Go move to Politics or Society you fvcker.

Serve it? lol Chill Out broski.

It sounds more like you're an anger management patient than an introvert.

Try this instead: http://voices.yahoo.com...

It's myths about anger.
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2012 11:56:12 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/12/2012 7:59:47 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
LOL, this is all true, at least if we examine me.

+1
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2012 11:58:43 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/12/2012 11:11:04 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 7/12/2012 10:23:59 PM, Cermank wrote:
At 7/12/2012 9:53:40 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
Cool story brah?

I chose to serve this forum so fvck off. Yes, what I did was service to this forum, a forum that hundreds of people love. In fact, you should leave it. Go move to Politics or Society you fvcker.

Thats not very introverted of you.

Real introverts go home and put them on a hit list.

Sigg'd
He chose to serve his country so fvck off. Yes, what he did was service to the United States of America, a country that millions of people love. In fact, you should leave it. Go move to Iran or Cuba you fvcker.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2012 11:59:28 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/12/2012 11:40:37 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 7/12/2012 10:23:59 PM, Cermank wrote:
At 7/12/2012 9:53:40 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
Cool story brah?

I chose to serve this forum so fvck off. Yes, what I did was service to this forum, a forum that hundreds of people love. In fact, you should leave it. Go move to Politics or Society you fvcker.

Serve it? lol Chill Out broski.

It sounds more like you're an anger management patient than an introvert.

Try this instead: http://voices.yahoo.com...

It's myths about anger.

"He chose to serve his country so fvck off. Yes, what he did was service to the United States of America, a country that millions of people love. In fact, you should leave it. Go move to Iran or Cuba you fvcker."
What was that again?
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2012 12:01:58 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/12/2012 9:53:40 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
Cool story brah?

Fvck off. If you don't like the topic then go post in the Games or the Entertainment Forum you fvcker. No one's forcing you to be here hurr durr.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2012 12:27:36 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Fvck fcck fcck fcck just read and the OP beat me to it. CP you're too easy a target.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
johnnyboy54
Posts: 6,362
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2012 12:43:24 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/13/2012 12:33:37 AM, BlackVoid wrote:
Goddang, what did CP do that made everyone so ticked?

Normally I think he is alright, but his post was kinda dickish.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
BlackVoid
Posts: 9,170
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2012 12:46:57 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/13/2012 12:43:24 AM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 7/13/2012 12:33:37 AM, BlackVoid wrote:
Goddang, what did CP do that made everyone so ticked?

Normally I think he is alright, but his post was kinda dickish.

He just said "cool story". Based off the responses he got, I assumed it was something more.
johnnyboy54
Posts: 6,362
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2012 1:14:09 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/13/2012 12:46:57 AM, BlackVoid wrote:
At 7/13/2012 12:43:24 AM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 7/13/2012 12:33:37 AM, BlackVoid wrote:
Goddang, what did CP do that made everyone so ticked?

Normally I think he is alright, but his post was kinda dickish.

He just said "cool story". Based off the responses he got, I assumed it was something more.

Yeah but that annoys me, so that is what I thought the cause was.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
Cermank
Posts: 3,773
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2012 5:32:04 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/13/2012 1:14:09 AM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 7/13/2012 12:46:57 AM, BlackVoid wrote:
At 7/13/2012 12:43:24 AM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 7/13/2012 12:33:37 AM, BlackVoid wrote:
Goddang, what did CP do that made everyone so ticked?

Normally I think he is alright, but his post was kinda dickish.

He just said "cool story". Based off the responses he got, I assumed it was something more.

Yeah but that annoys me, so that is what I thought the cause was.

Come on, no. I was parodying CP's response to socialpinko when he cool-story-bro'ed MrBrooks.

Here: http://www.debate.org...
Cermank
Posts: 3,773
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2012 5:57:58 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/12/2012 11:40:37 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 7/12/2012 10:23:59 PM, Cermank wrote:
At 7/12/2012 9:53:40 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
Cool story brah?

I chose to serve this forum so fvck off. Yes, what I did was service to this forum, a forum that hundreds of people love. In fact, you should leave it. Go move to Politics or Society you fvcker.

Serve it? lol Chill Out broski.

It sounds more like you're an anger management patient than an introvert.

Try this instead: http://voices.yahoo.com...

It's myths about anger.

Also, seriously? How could you not get that? I thought I laid it pretty thick.
ConservativePolitico
Posts: 8,210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2012 10:42:28 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/13/2012 12:46:57 AM, BlackVoid wrote:
At 7/13/2012 12:43:24 AM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 7/13/2012 12:33:37 AM, BlackVoid wrote:
Goddang, what did CP do that made everyone so ticked?

Normally I think he is alright, but his post was kinda dickish.

He just said "cool story". Based off the responses he got, I assumed it was something more.

I got mad on another thread when people were bashing a soldier (which infuriates me). So they're mocking me. Which is fine. Some of these people on here would have been the ones who spit on Vietnam vets back in the 70s and that disgusts me.
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2012 10:49:21 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/13/2012 10:42:28 AM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 7/13/2012 12:46:57 AM, BlackVoid wrote:
At 7/13/2012 12:43:24 AM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 7/13/2012 12:33:37 AM, BlackVoid wrote:
Goddang, what did CP do that made everyone so ticked?

Normally I think he is alright, but his post was kinda dickish.

He just said "cool story". Based off the responses he got, I assumed it was something more.

I got mad on another thread when people were bashing a soldier (which infuriates me). So they're mocking me. Which is fine. Some of these people on here would have been the ones who spit on Vietnam vets back in the 70s and that disgusts me.

They shouldn't fight unjust wars of aggression then.
ConservativePolitico
Posts: 8,210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2012 11:27:10 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/13/2012 10:49:21 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 7/13/2012 10:42:28 AM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 7/13/2012 12:46:57 AM, BlackVoid wrote:
At 7/13/2012 12:43:24 AM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 7/13/2012 12:33:37 AM, BlackVoid wrote:
Goddang, what did CP do that made everyone so ticked?

Normally I think he is alright, but his post was kinda dickish.

He just said "cool story". Based off the responses he got, I assumed it was something more.

I got mad on another thread when people were bashing a soldier (which infuriates me). So they're mocking me. Which is fine. Some of these people on here would have been the ones who spit on Vietnam vets back in the 70s and that disgusts me.

They shouldn't fight unjust wars of aggression then.

Never take it out on the soldier. Take it out on the leadership.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2012 2:59:10 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/13/2012 11:27:10 AM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 7/13/2012 10:49:21 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 7/13/2012 10:42:28 AM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 7/13/2012 12:46:57 AM, BlackVoid wrote:
At 7/13/2012 12:43:24 AM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 7/13/2012 12:33:37 AM, BlackVoid wrote:
Goddang, what did CP do that made everyone so ticked?

Normally I think he is alright, but his post was kinda dickish.

He just said "cool story". Based off the responses he got, I assumed it was something more.

I got mad on another thread when people were bashing a soldier (which infuriates me). So they're mocking me. Which is fine. Some of these people on here would have been the ones who spit on Vietnam vets back in the 70s and that disgusts me.

They shouldn't fight unjust wars of aggression then.

Never take it out on the soldier. Take it out on the leadership.

Why not both? It's not as if we have a draft and people are forced to kill innocent people. Soldiers who do so deserve to be laughed at , mocked, spit on, whatever and your blind allegiance to them is puzzling, infuriating, and entertaining.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2012 3:00:21 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/13/2012 1:14:09 AM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 7/13/2012 12:46:57 AM, BlackVoid wrote:
At 7/13/2012 12:43:24 AM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 7/13/2012 12:33:37 AM, BlackVoid wrote:
Goddang, what did CP do that made everyone so ticked?

Normally I think he is alright, but his post was kinda dickish.

He just said "cool story". Based off the responses he got, I assumed it was something more.

Yeah but that annoys me, so that is what I thought the cause was.

I didn't blindly respect some soldier so Cp showed the true colors of troop worship.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Kinesis
Posts: 3,667
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2012 3:08:14 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Dudes, completely off topic. I sympathise with all of the OP, but I'm currently in the process of breaking out of my shell. I figure becoming comfortable in social situations while still being an introvert at heart is the best of both worlds.
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2012 3:10:06 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/13/2012 11:27:10 AM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 7/13/2012 10:49:21 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 7/13/2012 10:42:28 AM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 7/13/2012 12:46:57 AM, BlackVoid wrote:
At 7/13/2012 12:43:24 AM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 7/13/2012 12:33:37 AM, BlackVoid wrote:
Goddang, what did CP do that made everyone so ticked?

Normally I think he is alright, but his post was kinda dickish.

He just said "cool story". Based off the responses he got, I assumed it was something more.

I got mad on another thread when people were bashing a soldier (which infuriates me). So they're mocking me. Which is fine. Some of these people on here would have been the ones who spit on Vietnam vets back in the 70s and that disgusts me.

They shouldn't fight unjust wars of aggression then.

Never take it out on the soldier. Take it out on the leadership.

Both are morally culpable. I'm sure that you would prosecute the grunt terrorist just as much as you would prosecute his leader.
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2012 3:47:20 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/13/2012 3:08:14 PM, Kinesis wrote:
Dudes, completely off topic. I sympathise with all of the OP, but I'm currently in the process of breaking out of my shell. I figure becoming comfortable in social situations while still being an introvert at heart is the best of both worlds.

I agree and that's what I've striven for.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2012 3:59:34 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/13/2012 2:59:10 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 7/13/2012 11:27:10 AM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 7/13/2012 10:49:21 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 7/13/2012 10:42:28 AM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 7/13/2012 12:46:57 AM, BlackVoid wrote:
At 7/13/2012 12:43:24 AM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 7/13/2012 12:33:37 AM, BlackVoid wrote:
Goddang, what did CP do that made everyone so ticked?

Normally I think he is alright, but his post was kinda dickish.

He just said "cool story". Based off the responses he got, I assumed it was something more.

I got mad on another thread when people were bashing a soldier (which infuriates me). So they're mocking me. Which is fine. Some of these people on here would have been the ones who spit on Vietnam vets back in the 70s and that disgusts me.

They shouldn't fight unjust wars of aggression then.

Never take it out on the soldier. Take it out on the leadership.

Why not both? It's not as if we have a draft and people are forced to kill innocent people. Soldiers who do so deserve to be laughed at , mocked, spit on, whatever and your blind allegiance to them is puzzling, infuriating, and entertaining.

"Unjust war =/= Unjust military. Keep fapping the good fap Social."

- Greyparrot
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2012 4:02:58 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/13/2012 3:59:34 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 7/13/2012 2:59:10 PM, socialpinko wrote:

Why not both? It's not as if we have a draft and people are forced to kill innocent people. Soldiers who do so deserve to be laughed at , mocked, spit on, whatever and your blind allegiance to them is puzzling, infuriating, and entertaining.

"Unjust war =/= Unjust military. Keep fapping the good fap Social."

- Greyparrot

Unjust rulers =/= morally innocent soldiers.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2012 4:11:18 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
top 5 myths about myths:

#1) Myth: They are just assertions
Fact: They are in no ways assertions.

#2) Myth: Myth lists use the word "myth" to make it sound as if they are discrediting the opposing side.
Fact: No they aren't

#3) Myth: Myth lists are overused.
Fact: No they aren't.

#4) Myth: myth lists are usually used by people that have a partisan interest.
Fact: No they aren't.

#5) Myth: people will call you out for using a myth list
Fact: No. If they do show them the Top 5 myths about myths.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
ConservativePolitico
Posts: 8,210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2012 12:30:57 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/13/2012 3:00:21 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 7/13/2012 1:14:09 AM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 7/13/2012 12:46:57 AM, BlackVoid wrote:
At 7/13/2012 12:43:24 AM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 7/13/2012 12:33:37 AM, BlackVoid wrote:
Goddang, what did CP do that made everyone so ticked?

Normally I think he is alright, but his post was kinda dickish.

He just said "cool story". Based off the responses he got, I assumed it was something more.

Yeah but that annoys me, so that is what I thought the cause was.

I didn't blindly respect some soldier so Cp showed the true colors of troop worship.

Yes, but that's because I actually like the United States and I have a lot of relatives in the military.