Jump to topic:

Clowns

1dustpelt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2012 3:51:29 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Why are some people so afraid of them? They are AWESOME!!
Wall of LOL
"Infanticide is justified as long as the infants are below two" ~ RoyalPaladin
"Promoting female superiority is the only way to establish equality." ~ RoyalPaladin
"Jury trials should be banned. They're nothing more than opportunities for racists to destroy lives." ~ RoyalPaladin after the Zimmerman Trial.
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2012 3:53:08 PM
http://www.cracked.com...
'When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.' - John 16:13
1dustpelt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2012 4:01:20 PM
At 7/18/2012 3:53:08 PM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:

Can you copy & paste the article? Cracked.com never loads on my PC.
Wall of LOL
"Promoting female superiority is the only way to establish equality." ~ RoyalPaladin
"Jury trials should be banned. They're nothing more than opportunities for racists to destroy lives." ~ RoyalPaladin after the Zimmerman Trial.
Ron-Paul
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2012 8:22:23 PM
At 7/18/2012 4:01:20 PM, 1dustpelt wrote:
At 7/18/2012 3:53:08 PM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:

Can you copy & paste the article? Cracked.com never loads on my PC.

Here's the part you need, 1dustpelt,

"Fear of clowns.
Some of you will say there should be a name for when people aren't afraid of clowns, since this proud lineage of entertainers has long been the object of scorn and outright fear. But why? Sure, they associate with scary carny folk, and yes, they cloak their emotions with makeup that gives them the pallor of the undead. And sure, their distorted features inspire images of demonic possession and evil incarnate.

But it's not like a clown has ever hurt anyone. Unless you count John Wayne Gacy and his 31 brutal rapes and murders.

OK, so maybe this phobia is onto something.
Famous Coulrophobes:

While P. Diddy has shown a willingness to collaborate with any semi-animate being, don't count on getting him into the studio with the Insane Clown Posse. Though the clown thing would really be just one of several thousand better reasons why this paring should never happen.
Johnny Depp, never afraid to append more weirdness to his resume, is also wary of clowns. He once commented "There always seemed to be a darkness lurking just under the surface, a potential for real evil." You know we're pretty sure there's evil on top of the surface, too, Johnny.
Worst case scenario for a coulrophobe:

Middle of the back seat of a clown car."

Also, I have in no way a phobia of clowns, but they are not awesome. They are annoying, stupid, and plain weird.
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2012 4:22:52 PM
The Fool: I can't stand clowns they are everywhere?
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
1dustpelt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2012 4:25:16 PM
At 7/20/2012 4:22:52 PM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:

You make no sense.
Wall of LOL
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2012 3:28:16 PM
At 7/20/2012 4:25:16 PM, 1dustpelt wrote:

You make no sense.

The Fool: what you don't see them aahhah! oh no not you too!! aaaahhhhh!
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2012 3:29:11 PM
At 7/24/2012 3:28:16 PM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
At 7/20/2012 4:25:16 PM, 1dustpelt wrote:

You make no sense.

The Fool: what you don't see them aahhah! oh no not you too!! aaaahhhhh!

This is one right here. The Fool. *