Total Posts:24|Showing Posts:1-24
Jump to topic:

People are getting worse & worse

Bible8910
Posts: 17
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2009 7:09:13 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
What is this world coming to when morals are a thing of the past. People used to hide their Immoral acts, but now they do it in the open and even are given the right to do it. Yet people say that this is a great world we live in. What hope do are kids have in a world like that?
JBlake
Posts: 4,634
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2009 7:11:52 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
You are going to have to be more precise than that. What immorality are you referencing? How are people getting worse and worse?
Rezzealaux
Posts: 2,251
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2009 7:35:27 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 8/30/2009 7:09:13 PM, Bible8910 wrote:
What is this world coming to when morals are a thing of the past.
People are becoming smarter and figuring out that most "morals" are just bullshìt arbitrations.

People used to hide their Immoral acts, but now they do it in the open and even are given the right to do it.
You mean gays? If you do, just say it and stop being vague.

Yet people say that this is a great world we live in. What hope do are kids have in a world like that?
It's not a great world. But not because of your reasons.
: If you weren't new here, you'd know not to feed me such attention. This is like an orgasm in my brain right now. *hehe, my name is in a title, hehe* (http://www.debate.org...)

Just in case I get into some BS with FREEDO again about how he's NOT a narcissist.

"The law is there to destroy evil under the constitutional government."
So... what's there to destroy evil inside of and above the constitutional government?
youguysaredouches
Posts: 122
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2009 7:39:34 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
You mean gays? If you do, just say it and stop being vague.

Are you talking about what untitled_entity said in the sxe debaters thread?

As for being immature, my stepsister says the word "vague" like "vag" and I giggle every time and she doesn't get it.
studentathletechristian8 - You may have your first online girlfriend

Me - I had a MySpace girlfriend, but it turned out to be a 45 year old guy friend.
Rezzealaux
Posts: 2,251
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2009 7:48:27 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 8/30/2009 7:39:34 PM, youguysaredouches wrote:
You mean gays? If you do, just say it and stop being vague.

Are you talking about what untitled_entity said in the sxe debaters thread?

I don't know what you're talking about, so I don't think I am.
: If you weren't new here, you'd know not to feed me such attention. This is like an orgasm in my brain right now. *hehe, my name is in a title, hehe* (http://www.debate.org...)

Just in case I get into some BS with FREEDO again about how he's NOT a narcissist.

"The law is there to destroy evil under the constitutional government."
So... what's there to destroy evil inside of and above the constitutional government?
youguysaredouches
Posts: 122
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2009 8:02:13 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
She talked about acts that could be considered immoral.
studentathletechristian8 - You may have your first online girlfriend

Me - I had a MySpace girlfriend, but it turned out to be a 45 year old guy friend.
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2009 8:35:43 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
There is no lack of morality in the world - there is many, many moral people. But the difference today from the older days is that people can choose how they act, regardless of what others think; there are no restrictions. People feel comfortable with that, and when people feel comfortable, the more likely they will be to feel comfortable doing other actions that you consider "moral" - but you can't force them to act how you want. That is, ironically, immoral.

So it isn't that people are worse; maybe you're just too stubborn. Live your life, don't feel constrained by these silly moral rules. You'll feel a lot freer.
youguysaredouches
Posts: 122
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2009 8:46:59 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 8/30/2009 8:35:43 PM, Volkov wrote:
There is no lack of morality in the world - there is many, many moral people. But the difference today from the older days is that people can choose how they act, regardless of what others think; there are no restrictions. People feel comfortable with that, and when people feel comfortable, the more likely they will be to feel comfortable doing other actions that you consider "moral" - but you can't force them to act how you want. That is, ironically, immoral.

So it isn't that people are worse; maybe you're just too stubborn. Live your life, don't feel constrained by these silly moral rules. You'll feel a lot freer.

Sounds like something Catbert would say. ;)
studentathletechristian8 - You may have your first online girlfriend

Me - I had a MySpace girlfriend, but it turned out to be a 45 year old guy friend.
Bible8910
Posts: 17
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2009 1:19:51 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
From all the answers I see here I can see I'm right. There is no hope for this world when you don't know what it is to have good moral values. I guess you can clean up a pig but it will always be just a pig
Puck
Posts: 6,457
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2009 1:33:51 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
Judging by your profile you seem to endorse quite a lot of theft. Shall we say then that your standard of what is moral should be followed to all logical conclusions? Perhaps it's those views where you indicate an individual should be a slave to that of a lesser value that we should endorse and be consistent about. ;)
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2009 3:57:26 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 8/31/2009 1:19:51 AM, Bible8910 wrote:
From all the answers I see here I can see I'm right. There is no hope for this world when you don't know what it is to have good moral values. I guess you can clean up a pig but it will always be just a pig

Anyone's whose name consists of the word Bible, really isn't entitled to call anyone immoral. The Bible is the most immoral piece of work, and yet you preach good morality. I bet you wish the Bible was the moral standard. Hmm, let's see how we would act if we lived by the Bible.

"And the LORD said unto Moses, The man shall be surely put to death: all the congregation shall stone him with stones without the camp.
And all the congregation brought him without the camp, and stoned him with stones, and he died; as the LORD commanded Moses." Numbers 15:35

"And my wrath shall wax hot, and I will kill you with the sword; and your wives shall be widows, and your children fatherless." - Exodus 22:24

"When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property." Exodus 21:20-21

"You shall annihilate them - Hittites, Amorites, Canaanites, Perizzites, Hivites, Jebusites – as Yahweh your God commanded you." Deuteronomy 20.11,18

"Every living substance that I have made will I destroy from off the face of the earth." - Genesis 7:4

--------

Yeah, you're right. Your morals are so much better than the morals of modern society. I'll have to remember to stone my friend for working on the Sabbath next time I see him. How could I be so immoral and forget to do that?

.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2009 10:14:57 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
Wow, I know I'm so Immoral and I love it..wait...You think I'm immoral, moreover, you blindly follow the bible and Christianity and let it choose your moral choices. Do some soul searching, read up on the facts, and then go on and make your own moral choices. And then judge someone and tell them they're immoral, and try to justify other than some book that could be altered to prove Unicorns exist.

And I'm actually happy with how most developed societies are going. I respect other people's views, and don't go around calling executioners immoral people that are goign to doom the world. I would talk with them about the issue. I would enhance my view the fullest extent before morally condemning people.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Bible8910
Posts: 17
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2009 10:18:44 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
Read all of Deuteronomy 28, and get the whole reason why.

Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.

Jesus said that we as Christians would go though this kind of treatment from people that hate Jesus and God, by the way Jesus is God.

So let me just say thank you.
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2009 10:36:08 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 8/31/2009 10:18:44 AM, Bible8910 wrote:
Read all of Deuteronomy 28, and get the whole reason why.

I'm not going to read a book that has faulty logic.


Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.

Olde English does not make you holier.


Jesus said that we as Christians would go though this kind of treatment from people that hate Jesus and God, by the way Jesus is God.

A half-baked explanation of why Christians decide they are superior to non-Christians.


So let me just say thank you.

No, thank you for reminding me why I'm an atheist.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Kleptin
Posts: 5,095
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2009 10:40:41 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
Bible8910 is kind of like a bad combination of Sadolite, DATCMOTO, and GodSands.

Sadolite's sole redeeming quality is that he is actually somewhat intelligent and able to get a point across.

GodSands' sole redeeming quality is that he actually cares about people's souls.

DATCMOTO's sole redeeming quality is that he is so ignorant, anyone who debates him gets a self-esteem boost. Furthermore, he never really stops the discussion.

From what I can see, Bible8910 has Sadolite's obnoxious ego without any of his intellect or understanding, is just as illiterate and confusing as GodSands but without any of the compassion, and has all of DATCMOTO's stubbornness without actually stimulating an exchange whatsoever since he tends to give up.
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
Rezzealaux
Posts: 2,251
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2009 11:24:26 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 8/31/2009 10:40:41 AM, Kleptin wrote:
Bible8910 is kind of like a bad combination of Sadolite, DATCMOTO, and GodSands.

Sadolite's sole redeeming quality is that he is actually somewhat intelligent and able to get a point across.

GodSands' sole redeeming quality is that he actually cares about people's souls.

DATCMOTO's sole redeeming quality is that he is so ignorant, anyone who debates him gets a self-esteem boost. Furthermore, he never really stops the discussion.

From what I can see, Bible8910 has Sadolite's obnoxious ego without any of his intellect or understanding, is just as illiterate and confusing as GodSands but without any of the compassion, and has all of DATCMOTO's stubbornness without actually stimulating an exchange whatsoever since he tends to give up.

HAHA I LOVE YOU KLEPTIN!
I am copying that down to a wordpad for future usage.

There's another sin to add, Bible8910. I'm gay now~ <3
: If you weren't new here, you'd know not to feed me such attention. This is like an orgasm in my brain right now. *hehe, my name is in a title, hehe* (http://www.debate.org...)

Just in case I get into some BS with FREEDO again about how he's NOT a narcissist.

"The law is there to destroy evil under the constitutional government."
So... what's there to destroy evil inside of and above the constitutional government?
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2009 11:30:02 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 8/31/2009 11:24:26 AM, Rezzealaux wrote:
At 8/31/2009 10:40:41 AM, Kleptin wrote:
Bible8910 is kind of like a bad combination of Sadolite, DATCMOTO, and GodSands.

Sadolite's sole redeeming quality is that he is actually somewhat intelligent and able to get a point across.

GodSands' sole redeeming quality is that he actually cares about people's souls.

DATCMOTO's sole redeeming quality is that he is so ignorant, anyone who debates him gets a self-esteem boost. Furthermore, he never really stops the discussion.

From what I can see, Bible8910 has Sadolite's obnoxious ego without any of his intellect or understanding, is just as illiterate and confusing as GodSands but without any of the compassion, and has all of DATCMOTO's stubbornness without actually stimulating an exchange whatsoever since he tends to give up.

HAHA I LOVE YOU KLEPTIN!
I am copying that down to a wordpad for future usage.

There's another sin to add, Bible8910. I'm gay now~ <3

We all knew you were gay, you just never admitted it.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Rezzealaux
Posts: 2,251
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2009 11:31:26 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 8/31/2009 11:30:02 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 8/31/2009 11:24:26 AM, Rezzealaux wrote:
At 8/31/2009 10:40:41 AM, Kleptin wrote:
Bible8910 is kind of like a bad combination of Sadolite, DATCMOTO, and GodSands.

Sadolite's sole redeeming quality is that he is actually somewhat intelligent and able to get a point across.

GodSands' sole redeeming quality is that he actually cares about people's souls.

DATCMOTO's sole redeeming quality is that he is so ignorant, anyone who debates him gets a self-esteem boost. Furthermore, he never really stops the discussion.

From what I can see, Bible8910 has Sadolite's obnoxious ego without any of his intellect or understanding, is just as illiterate and confusing as GodSands but without any of the compassion, and has all of DATCMOTO's stubbornness without actually stimulating an exchange whatsoever since he tends to give up.

HAHA I LOVE YOU KLEPTIN!
I am copying that down to a wordpad for future usage.

There's another sin to add, Bible8910. I'm gay now~ <3

We all knew you were gay, you just never admitted it.

Oh yeah huh, Nags's thing about only-gay-guys-don't-discuss-girls-with-their-friends criteria. WELL THEN I GUESS I WAS GAY ALL ALONG~
: If you weren't new here, you'd know not to feed me such attention. This is like an orgasm in my brain right now. *hehe, my name is in a title, hehe* (http://www.debate.org...)

Just in case I get into some BS with FREEDO again about how he's NOT a narcissist.

"The law is there to destroy evil under the constitutional government."
So... what's there to destroy evil inside of and above the constitutional government?
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2009 11:38:07 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 8/31/2009 11:31:26 AM, Rezzealaux wrote:
At 8/31/2009 11:30:02 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 8/31/2009 11:24:26 AM, Rezzealaux wrote:
At 8/31/2009 10:40:41 AM, Kleptin wrote:
Bible8910 is kind of like a bad combination of Sadolite, DATCMOTO, and GodSands.

Sadolite's sole redeeming quality is that he is actually somewhat intelligent and able to get a point across.

GodSands' sole redeeming quality is that he actually cares about people's souls.

DATCMOTO's sole redeeming quality is that he is so ignorant, anyone who debates him gets a self-esteem boost. Furthermore, he never really stops the discussion.

From what I can see, Bible8910 has Sadolite's obnoxious ego without any of his intellect or understanding, is just as illiterate and confusing as GodSands but without any of the compassion, and has all of DATCMOTO's stubbornness without actually stimulating an exchange whatsoever since he tends to give up.

HAHA I LOVE YOU KLEPTIN!
I am copying that down to a wordpad for future usage.

There's another sin to add, Bible8910. I'm gay now~ <3

We all knew you were gay, you just never admitted it.

Oh yeah huh, Nags's thing about only-gay-guys-don't-discuss-girls-with-their-friends criteria. WELL THEN I GUESS I WAS GAY ALL ALONG~

That's right butt-pirate.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Rezzealaux
Posts: 2,251
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2009 11:39:46 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 8/31/2009 11:38:07 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 8/31/2009 11:31:26 AM, Rezzealaux wrote:
At 8/31/2009 11:30:02 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 8/31/2009 11:24:26 AM, Rezzealaux wrote:
At 8/31/2009 10:40:41 AM, Kleptin wrote:
Bible8910 is kind of like a bad combination of Sadolite, DATCMOTO, and GodSands.

Sadolite's sole redeeming quality is that he is actually somewhat intelligent and able to get a point across.

GodSands' sole redeeming quality is that he actually cares about people's souls.

DATCMOTO's sole redeeming quality is that he is so ignorant, anyone who debates him gets a self-esteem boost. Furthermore, he never really stops the discussion.

From what I can see, Bible8910 has Sadolite's obnoxious ego without any of his intellect or understanding, is just as illiterate and confusing as GodSands but without any of the compassion, and has all of DATCMOTO's stubbornness without actually stimulating an exchange whatsoever since he tends to give up.

HAHA I LOVE YOU KLEPTIN!
I am copying that down to a wordpad for future usage.

There's another sin to add, Bible8910. I'm gay now~ <3

We all knew you were gay, you just never admitted it.

Oh yeah huh, Nags's thing about only-gay-guys-don't-discuss-girls-with-their-friends criteria. WELL THEN I GUESS I WAS GAY ALL ALONG~

That's right butt-pirate.

And that's how we know homosexuality isn't a choice.

BOOM, BABY!
: If you weren't new here, you'd know not to feed me such attention. This is like an orgasm in my brain right now. *hehe, my name is in a title, hehe* (http://www.debate.org...)

Just in case I get into some BS with FREEDO again about how he's NOT a narcissist.

"The law is there to destroy evil under the constitutional government."
So... what's there to destroy evil inside of and above the constitutional government?
Rezzealaux
Posts: 2,251
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2009 12:15:11 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 8/31/2009 12:08:38 PM, idontbelieveit wrote:
Your profile says you're interested in women, fanny bandit.

That's because I am interested in women.

Panda and Nags don't think so though, so I am entertaining them.

Also, was trying to make a point about homosexuality. Which I did. So I am done :D
: If you weren't new here, you'd know not to feed me such attention. This is like an orgasm in my brain right now. *hehe, my name is in a title, hehe* (http://www.debate.org...)

Just in case I get into some BS with FREEDO again about how he's NOT a narcissist.

"The law is there to destroy evil under the constitutional government."
So... what's there to destroy evil inside of and above the constitutional government?
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2009 12:16:46 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 8/31/2009 12:15:11 PM, Rezzealaux wrote:
At 8/31/2009 12:08:38 PM, idontbelieveit wrote:
Your profile says you're interested in women, fanny bandit.

That's because I am interested in women.

Panda and Nags don't think so though, so I am entertaining them.

Also, was trying to make a point about homosexuality. Which I did. So I am done :D

Oh, you're one of those fad homosexuals, just to annoy the strict Asian parents, etc.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.