Jump to topic:

I'm back!

UnStupendousMan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2012 4:26:39 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Not that any of you care (seeing by my brief glance at the "DDO'ers I miss" thread) but the user formally and currently known as USM is back from summer camp. Here's a few notes from them:

1. OMG IT WAS TOO RAINY AND TOO HOT!!! Many activities that were planned were canceled due to rain and, while it wasn't exactly miserable, it was pretty bad, temperature-wise.

2. I met the reigning national yoyo champion. In the Laundromat. This was totally unplanned, and it was simply awesome. The guy showed us some of his tricks and impressed all of us. One of my counselors was into yoyoing (?), which made this all the more incredible. Youtube video is of the guy that I met winning the US championship.

3. Whenever I heard "card games on motorcycles" I thought back to the Death Note mafia game, where Royal says her ignorance of the manga series made her think of the phrase when in contact of the name for the first time.

4. I didn't learn a lot in creative writing class, but it did allow me to write a few things. I had one of my things edited by one of the counselors, and when I got it back I discovered what I call "writer's egotism," which means that I really, really like my piece as is and is saddened when there is red ink all over it.

So, what's up, DDO? Is there anything that happened within the past twenty days that I should know about? I know that there is a blog and a history forum now, but is there anything else that I need to know?

Thanks,
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2012 7:29:00 PM
Koopin is back.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2012 7:51:17 PM
At least you guys got rain. We are going through a pretty bad drought in the Midwest.

Oh, and Royal = Thett
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
UnStupendousMan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2012 8:08:54 PM
At 7/20/2012 7:51:17 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At least you guys got rain. We are going through a pretty bad drought in the Midwest.

Oh, and Royal = Thett

Yeah. And I saw the thread, and I personally think it's a hoax. But, of course, I may be wrong and I probably am.