HS STEREOTYPES: Day Phase 1

Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2009 9:13:54 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
RULES:

1. All votes must be in bold to be counted. You have three options: Vote [name], Unvote, or No Lynch. Vote [name] is a vote to lynch said player. Unvote removes an active vote [name] or No Lynch vote. No Lynch is a vote to end the day without lynching.

2. A greater than 50% unanimity must be reached during a day phase in order to carry out a lynch or no lynch. They day phase officially ends when I declare it as such; however, I'd like for discussion to cease almost immediately after all of the lynch votes necessary to lynch a player have been obtained. I will declare the end of a day phase as soon as I am online and able to confirm a majority vote. In the previous two mafia games, a player was able to retract their vote thus continuing the day phase if the moderator hadn't officially ended the day phase yet. That is not the case in this game. Once the votes necessary are obtained, no more (strategic) discussion. It'd be best to refrain from most discussion in general. If a mafioso is lynched, don't say things like "Damn - you got me!" until I begin the next day phase.

3. Players must not discuss the game outside of the day phase threads and private PMs I have started. That includes Facebook, the dinner table or anywhere else. I will be included in all PMs between privileged parties. If you, as a player, are invited to a PM under the pretense that it is "official," confirm that I am on the list of recipients. If not, report those players immediately. The penalty for violating this rule is immediate mod killing.

4. Dead players are not permitted to participate in the game, including both private PMs and the day phase threads. Dead mafia players, for instance, were allowed to participate in mafia PMs in the last game. I don't think that I will allow that for this game, so that's the standing until further notice. However, deceased players are encouraged to keep up with the game at their discretion just in case something changes (or they later act as replacement players). I will let uninformative comments slide such as, "Avenge me, townies!" However, if you reveal information that gives a demonstrable edge to either side, I will punish the party to which you were affiliated. For instance, if you were mafia, were killed, and said something too revealing from your grave, then the mafia will lose their next night phase. The same goes for townies.

5. No copying and pasting from private PMs between you and I. You may summarize something I supposedly said if you wish, but nobody has to believe you... more about that later.

6. Be courteous to your fellow players. This game loses fun if you are inconsiderate to others, whether by direct abuse or simply by not showing up. This game is most fun when players, well, play. If you have to be gone for a day or two, let your fellow players know. I reserve the right to replace any player who isn't active.

7. You may communicate with me directly via the PMs with any questions, comments or concerns. You are also responsible for submitting your night actions to me in a timely manner. Additionally, if any questions are directed to the moderator in the day phase thread, you may ask me there publicly as well as via PM (to ensure that I respond to it quickly in the thread for everyone).

8. This game will start with the Day Phase, so everyone listed below is alive and well.

9. Some of you have roles in this game. There are no rules against revealing these roles, but be warned, doing so early in the game could have devastating consequences. Moreover, people can (and probably will) lie about their roles. I don't have a problem with people claiming to be whatever character or having whatever role. You can even make up a phoney summary from a PM that I supposedly sent you. The reason I'm allowing this (for now... we'll see how it works out) is because I think deception is a huge part of this game. Of course I as moderator will try and make sure this doesn't get out of hand. However, I think it's up to you - the players - to utilize your own knowledge/logic and the story to determine whether or not you believe someone.

10. The story is extremely important to this game. It will vary between third person and first person perspectives via various means including school newspaper, detention slips, diaries, IM conversations, text messages, e-mails, etc... however I see fit. It will almost always be useful to game play. The content of information that the story possesses may change throughout the game. For instance, on some days it might benefit the mafia, on some it might benefit the town, on some it might benefit neither (unlikely) and on most days it will benefit both.

11. To avoid this game going on for months, there will be phase limits. Until further notice, each day phase has a 7 day limit. Each night phase has a 4 day limit. Day phases that reach the limit end in a No Lynch (subject to my judgement). Night phases that reach the limit will cause actions not submitted to be forfeit. These limits are flexible and can be changed pending special circumstances, and are up to my discretion.

12. The townies win when all mafia are eliminated. The mafia wins as soon as they meet or beat the townies in number.

13. I reserve the right to implement or change/switch up roles throughout the game. Most likely I will NOT do this; however, I may choose to change certain things around that progress or benefit game play. While this may seem like too much moderator interference, I will be careful to detail the story accordingly. The story will contain information that makes players aware of what may have happened or why they happened, etc.

14. Have fun! Report anything suspicious! Don't cheat! And finally... don't take this game too seriously (in case any of you are actually CCstate4peat). I wouldn't want anybody going off the deep end on account of my mafia game.
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2009 9:14:19 AM
[ THE MIRROR ]

Tension is mounting here at Da Vinci High. We've become a disoriented and frantic student body desperate to solve the mystery of the latest senior class prank. No doubt about it, this prank will go down in history as among the most audacious; beyond humor to the point of recklessness. The implications have proven so severe that our principal has decided to cancel our prom.

After a futile, grueling investigation which turned up hardly any substantial results, Principal Belding decided to postpone/cancel the prom as well as the senior class trip indefinitely unless the culprits are found. He has said that the perpetrators would obviously not be able to participate in any school activities for the rest of the year (including after school programs, clubs, committees, etc.), and definitely face out of school suspension as well as whatever penalties the school board may find appropriate. For this reason, it is no wonder the pranksters have remained quiet. However, it may seem as if they are victorious after all in the sense that Principal Belding has given up on finding out who they are and choosing to just punish the entire class instead.

"It's a shame that everyone has to be punished," Belding notes, "But I really don't see any other choice. We've been at it for weeks and no one has come forward with a confession or any other useful information. I'm hoping that the guilt of punishing everyone in their class will make the culprits either come forward, or anyone with any information at all to come forward. At this point I'm ready to place the fate of this investigation in the hands of the students themselves."

Fortunately, Da Vinci High's senior class President, Chris Mitchell, has stepped up to the plate. "Along with two of my most trusted student council representatives - Kate Miller and Julie Potts - we have began a small and intimate committee dedicated to finding out who is responsible for these cowardly deeds. We'd like to ask for everyone's support in this endeavor, and hope that anyone with any useful information come forward to help us with our cause," Chris wrote in the latest class memo.

Upon interviewing him for this article, I asked Chris if he so far had any leads. "The thing about this case is that anyone could have done it. Almost everyone could have had some sort of reason for pulling those stunts, whether it be for their own sick personal amusement, or for the simple fact that they wanted the entire class punished by there being no prom. We're really open to anything at this point."

Rampant rumors around the school point to several individuals in particular. "I know I'm a prime suspect because I'm the new kid," says Ben Wallace, "But that's a kind of bogus excuse to pin on an easy scapegoat. There's evidence that the prank was pulled off by not one but several people, and I hardly even have any friends at this school yet."

Steve Smith notes, "I've got my suspicions. Brad Wilson, the football captain, has always been kind of a selfish jerk. But then again he's been nominated for the title of Prom King this year, so why would he go ahead and ruin that opportunity for himself? I'm thinking that whoever did this is probably someone a little less obvious, like Amanda Delaney, the hall monitor. She's so desperate for recognition that I wouldn't be surprised if this is all her fault, especially since she is usually considered somewhat of an authority figure around here. I don't know, man. This is all pretty confusing. Hopefully we can all work together and come up with something."

Indeed. Not only is our trip and our prom at stake, but the dignity of the entire class has been threatened... not just by the prank itself, but of our classmates who have done little or nothing thus far to assist with the investigation. Now that people are realizing the damaging effects of several people's actions, I'm glad that we are all working together to solve this intricate mystery.

-- Amy Jenson
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2009 9:18:22 AM
ACTIVE PLAYERS LIST:

1. Logical-Master
2. Charlie_Danger
3. Ragnar_Rahl
4. mongoose
5. KRFournier
6. wjmelements
7. Cody_Franklin
8. Pcmbrown
9. Vi_Veri
10. I-am-a-Panda
11. MrBullfrog11
12. Clockwork
13. SportsGuru
14. mongeese
15. PoeJoe
16. Nags
17. MTGandP
18. Rezzealaux
19.AnimeFanTony
20. BigMac
21. ToastOfDestiny
22. untitled_entity
23. JBlake
24. crackofdawn_Jr
25. alex_hanson911
President of DDO
Logical-Master
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2009 9:42:54 AM
Principle Belding? Saved the Bell! :P

Also, there's a good chance I won't be available from Friday to early Monday as I have important matters to attend to.
pcmbrown
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2009 10:21:52 AM
Due to making the best of my last few days of summer, I may not be on during any of: Friday, Saturday, or Sunday.
"Did I shock you with this discovery.? Of curse not..!!"-banker
KRFournier
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2009 11:03:41 AM
Poor theLwerd. I think starting the game on Labor Day weekend was a bit untimely. I myself will be travelling, though I'm certain I'll still hop online daily.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2009 11:24:37 AM
Yes, I paid a little homage to Saved by the Bell, of course : )

Also note The Mirror/Da Vinci references. First off, my name is Danielle Vinci... tehe. Second, The Mirror was a little joke regarding Da Vinci's being famous for having written most of his personal notes in mirror writing.

I hope everybody has a great weekend! The game will be here when ya'll get back. I'll probably extend the day phase this week, but I encourage people to participate in the game as much as they'd like to/can anyway.
President of DDO
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2009 12:29:02 PM
Random Number Generator says I should vote Vi_Veri. Unless anyone has a convincing argument for no lynching.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2009 12:49:00 PM
Probability of what happened last time has nothing to do with what will happen this tie. Fallacious use of probability, and a duh one, so that's an ounce of suspicion which is superior to random. Unvote

Vote Clockwork.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2009 12:49:13 PM
*time not tie*
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2009 12:54:11 PM
Voting based on weak argument that has no relevance to being mafioso.

Vote to lynch Ragnar_Rahl
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2009 1:03:30 PM
This is a debate site. We should all be familiar with how arguments work, and a really bad argument is generally a sign of a mafia who thinks he won't get caught, since a townie has no reason to say anything but what they believe. It's possible he's stupid of course, but small loss if he is, and significant gain if he's a mafia trying to lower the standard of reasoning around here.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2009 1:06:53 PM
At 9/3/2009 1:03:30 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
This is a debate site. We should all be familiar with how arguments work, and a really bad argument is generally a sign of a mafia who thinks he won't get caught, since a townie has no reason to say anything but what they believe. It's possible he's stupid of course, but small loss if he is, and significant gain if he's a mafia trying to lower the standard of reasoning around here.

The argument is not extremely relevant to being a Mafioso.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2009 1:09:24 PM
Which is entirely irrelevant to MY argument about his argument.
AnimeFanTony
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2009 1:22:13 PM
I'm against random lynching. I say we should go with a nl.
Ownership of this account has been transferred from JCMT to I-am-a-panda.
Updates of the next JCMT puppet account pending.
SportsGuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2009 1:52:29 PM
At 9/3/2009 1:22:13 PM, AnimeFanTony wrote:

And give the mafia a free kill? At some point we have to lynch someone, and every day we do not lynch is a day we guarantee a townie dead. The lynch is our only way to fight back during the day phase and not using it only hurts our chances of victory.

In the interest of having a vote that has some logic as opposed to one that is completly random vote, Vote to lynch Clockwork.
Logical-Master
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2009 2:01:59 PM
At 9/3/2009 12:29:02 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
Random Number Generator says I should vote Vi_Veri. Unless anyone has a convincing argument for no lynching.

At last, you've seen the light, RR. :D

I'd say it's pretty clear that when in doubt, no lynching is a waste of time. I welcome all challenges to this assertion. At very most, a no lynch should occur if it's due to the time limit.

That said, I'm absolutely against random lynching. I think we can at least establish some reasons.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2009 2:02:34 PM
At 9/3/2009 1:52:29 PM, SportsGuru wrote:
At 9/3/2009 1:22:13 PM, AnimeFanTony wrote:

And give the mafia a free kill? At some point we have to lynch someone, and every day we do not lynch is a day we guarantee a townie dead. The lynch is our only way to fight back during the day phase and not using it only hurts our chances of victory.

In the interest of having a vote that has some logic as opposed to one that is completly random vote, Vote to lynch Clockwork.

Again? Lol XP.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2009 2:06:09 PM
VOTE COUNT:

Clockwork (Ragnar_Rahl, SportsGuru) -- 2/13 votes needed to lynch
Ragnar_Rahl (I-am-a-Panda) -- 1/13 votes needed to lynch
President of DDO
AnimeFanTony
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2009 2:06:50 PM
I'm against random lynching because if we screw up like last game we end up with two townies dead. With a no lynch only one dies and one dies no matter what anyway.
Ownership of this account has been transferred from JCMT to I-am-a-panda.
Updates of the next JCMT puppet account pending.
Logical-Master
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2009 2:08:53 PM
At 9/3/2009 2:06:50 PM, AnimeFanTony wrote:
I'm against random lynching because if we screw up like last game we end up with two townies dead. With a no lynch only one dies and one dies no matter what anyway.

Interesting, so I take it you intend to no lynch for the remainder of the game then? After all, if we "screw up" on any day, that means two dead townies.
SportsGuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2009 2:09:56 PM
At 9/3/2009 2:06:50 PM, AnimeFanTony wrote:

By that logic, we should never lynch on any day, meaning the mafia (or whatever the equivilant is with this theme) just picks us off one by one.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2009 2:10:10 PM
AnimeFanTony may be a townie with goodwill at heart or Just a Mafia posing as one..badly.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2009 2:29:47 PM
I'm wondering whether AFT's stupidity is worse enough than Clockwork's to switch.